It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Questionable Herb: Cannabis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Does it make sense to criminalize those who possess a plant that grows naturally on earth? If your answer is yes, then this thread is not for you.

Think about it for a second.

Why is cannabis illegal?

Because it gets you high? Because it was not taxable back in the day?
Because hemp makes paper and rope and would bring down many industries?
Because cannabis opens up your mind to new innovative and revolutionary ideas that contradict the government's agenda?

Whatever the reason, cannabis MUST be legal. Why? Because it is a part of nature.

A cannabis plant is no different than an apple tree or a grape vine. When we eat apples or oranges, we enter a "hypnotic" state of satisfaction AKA loss of hunger. A grape is used to produce some of the most potent alcoholic wines out there. When we drink it, we lose our sense of perception and start going crazy and yell out things we would not normally say. A cannabis plant produces fruit that can be eaten as well. When consumed, similarly to an apple or wine, we enter a state of satisfaction and inebriation. But why are apples and grapes legal while cannabis illegal? I hope you understand my analogy.

I leave you now with this question for discussion.

Is it justified to criminalize nature? Why or why not?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
With that logic though, chewing of the coc aine leaves is alright too, and opium plants are all cool too!

Now don't get me wrong, I don't do any drugs at all, and I see no wrong in that little cannabis plant, the rest I think are rightfully illegal.

But using the whole, it grows from the ground, ergo it's good and must be legal doesn't really fly that well.

But why are apples and grapes legal while cannabis illegal?

Lol, because you NEED to eat, you don't need to get high.
or do you?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

I am happy it is illegal.
I said it before and will say it again.
If you look at the price of gas,bread,milk or anything really,the price goes up as the years go by.
This is not the case with cannibus.
Why??
The market is regulated by the black market and not the government.
If it was legal they would raise prices and gauge everyone like they do with everthing else.
Inflation doesn't affect the cannibus market.

I find it hippocritical that alot of pharma drugs are derived from plants and that there are alot of pharma drugs that get you more buzzed then cannibus.

Do I think a plant should be criminalized??
Yes.
Why??
Could you imagine people growing poppy or the coca??
If everyone chewed coca leaves we would all be more highstrung.

Again this is a hippocritical point of view on my part because without these plants we would not have medicines like codeine or morphine for patients dying and in pain.

Getting back to cannibus I still say...keep it illegal because that is one area the government doesn't have control over and thats a GREAT thing.

Edit to add...Hemp should be legal.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yea, but you don't NEED to eat apples specifically. If the government wanted to they could make apples illegal, therefore making people have to eat alternatives. Same thing with weed. It's illegal but there are legal alternatives that the government says are okay for you to consume, such as alcohol. It all comes down to politics and money... nothing to do with safety.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here's another question - why when we're supposedly consenting adults who can make informed and considered choices do we need a government to tell us which naturally growing plants are permissable and which are not? Why do we allow them to tell us that we can eat one and not another?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Mexico recently legalized ALL drugs for personal use, and last time I checked their country didn't fall off the map or go into some sort of crazy anarchist hell-type scenario (at least compared to how it already was there lol).

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi There,

While I do appreciate your enthusiasm, and perhaps also your stance.
Unfortunately the conditions of this forum are relatively clear - as can be found at the top of this thread:

This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.

This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

...as such, my apologies, but I'm closing the thread.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join