It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEORN to demonstrate OVERUNITY PROOF!!! Sat 30th

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
In PART ONE I heard 320%.
If power then a battery say 100v and one amp gives out 100v 3.2 amps
which could charge the battery and run the device and have an 1.2 amp
left over

all they would have to do is remove the battery, use a capacitator and feed the output back into the input. If it continues to run then it is overunity. Now why didnt they do that??

You are misunderstanding the use of the battery.

The battery is needed to generate the EM field to create the spin.

A capacitor only stores energy until a predefined value is met before releasing. The system would still need an initial energy source to run.

The Excess energy captured is created two fold first in the speed of the spin (turbine fashion) and in the em field generated by the coils as the magnets pass.

Actually in the demo we didn't see the additional energy that could be created by way of turbine, I suspect this is because as yet they haven’t come up with a way to transmute the output into useable energy without unbalancing the system.

Time will tell.

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
The system would still need an initial energy source to run.

So simply start with the battery across the capacitor, start the Orbo and charge the capacitor up then disconnect the battery - if it works as claimed it would continue running!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

So simply start with the battery across the capacitor, start the Orbo and charge the capacitor up then disconnect the battery - if it works as claimed it would continue running!

The initial energy required is not the only problem with what you are suggesting, though I give you credit for thinking outside of the box.

You see a capacitor releases energy at intervals depending on the size of the capacitor. These intervals would have to be intricately and precisely timed to a revolution of the orbo. Now since the orbo will increase its speed it would mean the intervals of energy release from the capacitor would shorten.

If the intervals of the capacitor shorten less energy is stored before release and you have a leak in the system.

With the battery solution there is a wealth of energy readily available and it is chopped for lack of a better word into slices timed directly by the revolution itself.

It's by far a simpler and more efficient system to use the battery route.

But a thumbs up for looking at this with an open mind!

Peace out,

Korg.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You see a capacitor releases energy at intervals depending on the size of the capacitor.

garbage, just where do you get that from?

It's by far a simpler and more efficient system to use the battery route.

Because the battery simply powers the Orbo until it drains, and in the case of the Orbo that takes 7 days.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

garbage, just where do you get that from?

Garbage? Yeah cool Band -

Actually I was an electronics engineer for many years working for Ericcson, repairing radio pagers and mobile phones... Most of em had been dropped down the can lol

Maybe you should read up on capacitors.

~~~Capacitor~~~

An ideal capacitor is characterized by a single constant value, capacitance, which is measured in farads. This is the ratio of the electric charge on each conductor to the potential difference between them. In practice, the dielectric between the plates passes a small amount of leakage current. The conductors and leads introduce an equivalent series resistance and the dielectric has an electric field strength limit resulting in a breakdown voltage. Capacitors are widely used in electronic circuits to block the flow of direct current while allowing alternating current to pass, to filter out interference, to smooth the output of power supplies, and for many other purposes. They are used in resonant circuits in radio frequency equipment to select particular frequencies from a signal with many frequencies.

Because the battery simply powers the Orbo until it drains, and in the case of the Orbo that takes 7 days.

This is a question raised within the demo and one which I was personally looking for an answer to.

I do know though that a normal rechargeable AA battery would certainly not be able to run for 168 hours straight on a system such as the orbo, though I am at work now I will run some calculations based upon the scope readings and report back here.

Peace Out!

Korg.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Sean, is that you?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Sean, is that you?

Nope... But anyone with any electronics experience should be able to verify my comments.

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

A capacitor only stores energy until a predefined value is met before releasing.

This is pure, unadulterated nonsense. This comes from a person who tinkered with electronics since age 7 and completed formal courses in electronics in college.

Of course. You give it some energy and then disconnect the initial source, just like a battery in your car.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So still no proof huh?

How long until another jury of actual scietists finds this to be another hoax... just like last time...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sean, is that you?

Jim?

Is that you?

James??

Farquar??

Sorry, your post cracked me up and only mean this in good humor.

I take it Sean is the man behind the project or did someone post like a friend would?

Im keeping an eye on this thread, interesting stuff.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

A capacitor only stores energy until a predefined value is met before releasing.

This is pure, unadulterated nonsense. This comes from a person who tinkered with electronics since age 7 and completed formal courses in electronics in college.

Of course. You give it some energy and then disconnect the initial source, just like a battery in your car.

Why is it people don't seem to understand what a capacitor is?

Come one people please read up before dishing out comments like nonsense and garbage....

Please refer to my previous post for a simplistic view or if you wish here is a much more in depth document.

What is a Capacitor?

When the switch is closed, current from the battery flows through the circuit, charging the capacitor. When the capacitor is completely charged, it is like a closed tank which is completely filled up, and no further current flows. At that time, the voltage across the capacitor would be equal to the supply voltage of the battery.

Voltage across the capacitor advances from zero (fully discharge) to the supply voltage along some predetermined path with respect to time. If the resistor is small, current flows easily and the capacitor is charged more quickly. If there is a very large resistor, the charging process follows a different path and will take longer to complete. The behavior of voltage versus time is also influenced by the size of the capacitor. If the capacitor’s capacitance is very large, it will require more total energy to fill (the tank is large in diameter), and current flowing through the resistor will require a longer time to charge it.

Peace Out!

Korg.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Maybe they don't have the capacity to learn...

See what I did there?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

but if the system was overunity, why would it ever stop?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

but if the system was overunity, why would it ever stop?

Over-unity does not mean perpetual motion. It simply means more power out than in.

Although your point is a valid one when concerning the ORBO.. This point in fact is at the centre of my orriginal enquiry when concerning how long the ORBO would work if the battery recharge feed was not connected.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

hmm.... so you're just trying to figure out how effeciently it could use the single charge...

and yeah I was just using short hand with the forever question...I meant energy wise

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Over-unity does not mean perpetual motion. It simply means more power out than in.

With all due respect, that's exactly what OU means; when System.Out > Sytem.In then there's a feedback loop which 'perpetuates' energy.

Place an LED on the surplus emf, and it should light without impacting the overall system...isn't that the point of all this stuff?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

hmm.... so you're just trying to figure out how effeciently it could use the single charge...

and yeah I was just using short hand with the forever question...I meant energy wise

Yep 100% correct. If we had the values for how long the Orbo runs on a single charge we could calculate how much energy is required to run the system within the time it takes to run down.

With this value we could establish overunity by running the ORBO longer than that which would be expected.

I am tempted to use my credit card and take a day or two off work to go to ireland and get them to do this test.

Peace Out!

Korg.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

With all due respect, that's exactly what OU means; when System.Out > Sytem.In then there's a feedback loop which 'perpetuates' energy.

Place an LED on the surplus emf, and it should light without impacting the overall system...isn't that the point of all this stuff?

You are right of course. But that is only in a closed system (output into input) and the output would have to be balanced against energy loss in the system (more energy than is consumed) due to the physics of motion.

There are energy leakages in the ORBO though these appear to be kinetic in nature, I have suggested ways this could be overcome earlier.

I would say that the demo was very encouraging with the exception of two points.

1. What are the actual figures for running ORBO without the Re-charge feed connected?

2. What are the reasons the longest run ORBO has had to date is seven days.

If I had the answers to these two points I could establish wether Steorn are true to thier claims.

Peace Out.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I am tempted to use my credit card and take a day or two off work to go to ireland and get them to do this test.

I wholeheartedly encourage you to do exactly this! The economy can use a little extra stimulus, and you'd definitely accomplish something useful.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I noticed that in the videos that were released today by Steorn ("proving overunity" 1 and 2), the presenter scratches his nose each time he changes a page in the presentation.

If you think this is far fetched, think about it again, and search Google for 'lie signs'.

If you still don't believe it, check out this.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by masterp]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join