It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEORN to demonstrate OVERUNITY PROOF!!! Sat 30th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

STEORN to demonstrate OVERUNITY PROOF!!! Sat 30th

www.steorn.com

In an email from Steorn;

"Orbo Technology Update

The Final Demo:
Proving Overunity

Steorn is pleased to announce that the final pre-launch demonstration of its Orbo technology, “Proving Overunity” will take place at 1600 GMT on Saturday January 30th.

Steorn invites you to view the demonstration streamed live at www.steorn.com or attend in person at the Waterways Ireland Visitor Centre, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 4, Ireland.

Directions: www.steorn.com..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Got this is my inbox today, a mail update from Steorn, the Irish company claiming to have discovered a route to over-unity energy generation. 'The Orbo'.

This will be make or break for these guys i think.

I wish them every success, for all of our sakes.

As the email says, 16:00 Hrs, live over the web via streaming cam, or if you're local why not call in person?! You never know, you could be part of the making of history. In years to come, you could say that you were there, when the energy revolution started.

This could be an historic moment in time for our species. If it works, it will change everything. Not overnight, but in a short while.

It would mean the end of starvation. Crops could be grown 24 Hrs a day, under lights and heated and ventilated by free energy generators. Even in unheard of places and areas.
How about the Arctic? Siberian tundra? Too cold eh? Not with as much free heating as you need.

Fresh, clean and safe drinking water and for crops, could be extracted from the humid air using evaporative devices powered for free..nobody will die of thirst again.

Oh yes..and none of us would be beholden or tied to an electrical grid or company again. Ever.

Here's hoping guys and gals.

www.steorn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25/1/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I will reserve my right to opine on this issue till after the demonstration fails miserably/succeeds stupendously.

They already have 1 strike against them. However they did pique my interest when they basically opened sourced their tech.

I however have my doubts. I expect them to fail but you never know. We might get surprised.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
OK I like these guys, you gotta love a chancer!

I will be watching the live stream I think, we could all log into chat maybe?

I won't hold my breath, or even cross my fingers... Nice idea, never gona happen...

We should all log into chat tho! - we could use one of the rooms that never gets used.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This could be the greatest moment EVARRR!

or it could be really disappointing.

i believe that it could be possible. i will await this.

thank you for bringing it to our attention.

sf

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Why don't they just post their device and manuals on line for free so that anyone can build one. Seems so simple yet no one who claims over unity ever does this.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Longtimegone

There are likely to be plenty of OU/ZPE devices out there, yet making money from such designs is hard... corporations don't want to touch you. Patent offices don't like you. And the person daring to go outside the square is likely to not have enough money to stick it alone. International patent is around $1million USD.

Hope this works, have been interested in these guys for a while.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Wise words, grey580.

I agree. I raised an eyebrow or two when they open sourced too.

It goes without saying that all remains to be seen. Puddings and proof really.

I feel they think they've got something on their hands.

Like most great discoveries in our history, untold resources can be used, decades even centuries dedicated and relentless research applied to a problem, and still no solution!

But then along comes a group of people, working to solve an unrelated problem in engineering, and BOOM! Someone was sharp enough to spot an anomaly, and curious enough to investigate it. Suddenly, a solution is found, by chance, to an enduring scientific and intellectual debate.

Perhaps.

I'm staying on the positive side of the pendulum.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Something about licensing the technology..to be honest, i don't know the details. But they do acknowledge every step of the way, that they're a commercial outfit and they're looking to make some profit from this.

Reasonable enough.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I hope it works, but even if it does, the patent will probably be bought up and you would be charged a rental fee on the device (no home-mades allowed, patent infringements, you know), plus a usage fee.

Here in SoCal, the regional power company, Sempra, charges homeowners for excess solar power that is fed back into the grid, a "carrying fee" or some such, rather than paying them for the power they generate. So real overunity simply would mean higher profits for a few.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This was on display the 4th of december at the keys.. it generates f all but its higher than the input from the battery.. There doing good things but cant get any funding.. Proberly because were the most corrupt country in Europe

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just to post again - who's up for being in chat and watching the live stream?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I doubt they'll provide enough to convince any skeptics. The way I see it, the only way an overunity device could convince the multitudes is if the design was tested by multiple parties with no vested interest in either outcome, over the course of several days/weeks. I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Not really my thing, tbh.

Thanks anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

I could be wrong, but i think anyone is free to actually visit their business office, and test one of the demo units out yourself.

You can use their test kit, or bring your own.

As far as i know, this demo is going out live at 16:00, so we'll all know one way or the other i suppose.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

I hear you.

Perhaps i'm too optimistic in this area..but i just feel something is right about this one. Irrational, but gut feeling is what it is.

I'm basing my decision to replicate on the outcome of this demo..if it works as claimed, and Steorn is serious about it's philosophy, which i feel they are, this won't be buried.

It'll be very difficult, since Steorn wisely took out a full page advert in a very well read publication, issuing a challenge to academia to find fault with what they were claiming.

It's out there, in the public conciousness. People will think as they usually do..with their wallets and purses first.

They will wonder why, politicians are asking for reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and subsidies for this climate project or that campaign, tariffs, caps and so on.
They'll want to know why, for instance - the UK continued ahead at full speed into a contract with France, to build the UK's next generation of nuclear power plants at huge expense to the British taxpayer.

If it works as advertised, people will want it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

There are likely to be plenty of OU/ZPE devices out there, yet making money from such designs is hard... corporations don't want to touch you.

LOL that's really something. I can imagine an ugly dude saying that he's too cool to stir attraction among chicks, and that's the reason he hasn't had a date for 15 years.

We hear this "final demo" pronouncements year in, year out. Anyone who seriously considers this is one foot in lala land.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spungy

True about the funding, although there may have been some clever thinking involved along the way.

What would have been the very first thing most people would have thought or said about Steorn, if they had been asking for investments, selling shares, asking for research funding...they would have been thought charlatans. So it's a double edged sword really, but i think they did it the right way.

For me, even if the thing can sustain generating the energy equivalent of a quiet fart, over and above unity - it'll change everything..it's a proof of concept to show OU is at least possible, which pretty much guarantees R&D departments around the world will be buying up licenses to manufacture the more powerful commercial versions.

I hope.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I hate to bring bad news. I wanted it to work as well. They invited a team of scientists to examine their setup. The scientists came and went, concluding that their claims were false. I don't know why they're still going on about this thing after all that. It doesn't work. It violates our understanding of physics. If it worked, it would be the greatest invention of all time.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
And the person daring to go outside the square is likely to not have enough money to stick it alone. International patent is around $1million USD.

All someone with a working overunity device has to do to win $1million is take the JREF challenge and show their device is overunity, and they win the money. It is that simple. Of course no one can demonstrate overunity.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join