It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seen On Radar By Thousands Over Australia *Weird*

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What is going on?

Two bizarre features seen on radar over the North West and South East of Australia today ( Jan 22, 2010)
The ring over the south east appeared approximately 30 seconds before the bizarre red star over the north west.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f61d2d43209.jpg[/atsimg]

I have received E-mails from all over Australia today reporting this rather extraordinary feature captured on
the Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology radar site. This follows a series of so far u-explained
features seen on Australian national radars since the 15th. For a while radar from the Melbourne Airport
facility was out of action ( see below). Another strange ring appeared today over the South East of the
country as seen below.

Today has been very lively surrounding this debate over what some are suggesting are weather modification
experiments now under way over huge country.

I have received data also today that shows the HAARP facility has been ramped up (see their own monitoring
data below).

(read full article here)
www.colinandrews.net...

Does anybody know what is going on here.??....

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why is it so difficult to believe that there is a technical problem with the radar?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I find it far more suprising that thousands of people in Austraila HAVE their own radar to have seen it!

How much does a radar cost these days anyway?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Nothing strange to report here from australia, tech glitch i think

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Why is it so difficult to believe that there is a technical problem with the radar?

Lol. That was my first thought, but than I questioned it because I know nothing about radar and wouldn't know an anomaly from a technical problem. Guess the "easy" answer isn't as fantastic and so not as entertaining to speculate about...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
First of all, that photo doesnt look like a radar image to me.

This is what I am used to seeing when it comes to radar.

Radar image 1
Radar image2

As you can see on the second one the black dots represent the radar station. So from that I think that in the OP photo, the red dot is the representation of the station and the circular area around it is the coverage area.

To me it just looks like that the radars are not functioning properly and that its scan is intermittent while doing its 360 sweep which gives it that fan look.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
its either the ULF transmitter at Sale in Victoria talking to the US naval fascility at Exmouth gulf in the Nth West

OR

australia's answer to the Norway spiral

OR

none of the above

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Edit!

Looks like a crop from the national radar

www.bom.gov.au...

Possibly due to a problem with wyndham radar?

www.bom.gov.au...

Not seen an artifact like that before on UK radar.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

I dont think that aussies all have their own radar. I think what it meant is that the radar was viewable on the website, so therefor thousands of people had access to the images.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Its australia day here, so most people are getting pissed.....

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree with you ....again, but I have never seen the red light in the center. What is that?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
LOL YourPopRock! thats hilarious!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just looked at it a bit more - the 2nd 'artifact' in the Melbourne area is very clearly down to problems with the radar and is a common occurence. In the UK we see similar from the Shannon radar over Ireland all the time.

Still not quite sure what the Wyndham radar was doing to produce that big red circle, but again, IM(experienced)O obviously also a radar problem of some sort.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Looks like what happens when you turn on the X Band Platform systems, look it up, radar emitters would trick the satellite systems into thinking it was weather.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

I fail to see how? X band platform systems are mobile marine radar stations. Why would they take out the data from a land based met radar? And only one? The image most definitely does not look like weather. It's just a clitch with the Wyndham radar.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah the majority of the nation is going to be pretty intoxicated today for it being Australia Day... Perhaps the radar bloke was on the sauce before he finished his shift and messed something up?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
About 90% of the country live by the sea... id say ders a good chance nobody seen it.. Id say ders a good chance nobody sees alot that goes on in Oz

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spungy
About 90% of the country live by the sea... id say ders a good chance nobody seen it.. Id say ders a good chance nobody sees alot that goes on in Oz

What is that supposed to mean?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It kind of looks like HAL's eye from the movie 2001...

"I am feeling much better now Dave"

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Um haha, they are seeing it on the BOM website BOM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join