It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Walking Texters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Your walking around a busy town center, maybe doing some shopping or flagging down a taxi. People move out of your way and you move out of theirs, it’s all very polite and orderly. Until that is… you encounter, the “Zombie Walking Texter”

They have this slow sometimes side to side motion of walking along, and are totally oblivious to the various people making an effort to avoid a head on collision. Occasionally they will look up and give you this dirty look, as if to say “can’t you watch where you’re going” lol

For the love of God…text on the bus…text before you leave home for work,…try texting in a stationary position lol Maybe even try (and this maybe pushing it) leaving your phone at home, for once, just for a change! or leaving it completely on silent and check your messages at the end of the day, when you get back home from work.

End of rant…

- JC

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Or possibly even pick up the phone and have a conversation, wouldn't that be a unique idea?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Hey Zazzy..

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Or possibly even pick up the phone and have a conversation, wouldn't that be a unique idea?

LOL exactly…well said

I mean some people would happily type out an entire essay lol in a text, rather than just ring the person up…At least when your talking on the phone, you can see where you going…

- JC

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Worse yet, are those who either text or talk on the phone, in deference to someone RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM...

I mean, it's one thing if you're on the phone when I come up to you, but otherwise, someone right in front of you takes precedence...

For example, I was in a store the other day, and this wasn't a cheap place...and the phone rings, and almost right in the middle of talking to me, this guy answers the phone...no apology, no pause to see if I minded, etc.

I just turned and walked away...(and towards the door).. He said, "Sir? Was there a problem, can I help you?", and I simply said, "No, the person on the phone is obviously more of a priority than a paying customer in the flesh...have a nice day"..... I can only hope a lesson was learned....

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Originally posted by Gazrok
For example, I was in a store the other day, and this wasn't a cheap place...and the phone rings, and almost right in the middle of talking to me, this guy answers the phone...no apology, no pause to see if I minded, etc.

I hate it when that happens…

Now if he had apologized and then explained that it was his wife or something, then that would be fine…Me personally, I would just hit the busy button or switch my phone off and phone them back later…

Originally posted by Gazrok
I just turned and walked away...(and towards the door).. He said, "Sir? Was there a problem, can I help you?", and I simply said, "No, the person on the phone is obviously more of a priority than a paying customer in the flesh...have a nice day"..... I can only hope a lesson was learned....

I’m with you on that one… I would have done exactly the same thing…

- JC

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

Your walking around a busy town center, maybe doing some shopping or flagging down a taxi. People move out of your way and you move out of theirs, it’s all very polite and orderly. Until that is… you encounter, the “Zombie Walking Texter”

They have this slow sometimes side to side motion of walking along, and are totally oblivious to the various people making an effort to avoid a head on collision. Occasionally they will look up and give you this dirty look, as if to say “can’t you watch where you’re going” lol

For the love of God…text on the bus…text before you leave home for work,…try texting in a stationary position lol Maybe even try (and this maybe pushing it) leaving your phone at home, for once, just for a change! or leaving it completely on silent and check your messages at the end of the day, when you get back home from work.

End of rant…

- JC

Can I get an AMEN!!!!

Praise be to ...

holy crap I just realized your initials are JC

this doesn't seem funny anymore...now onto business

Can I add to you list the people who text and drive?

To the OP...yes I hate people in general who aimlessly slow down the pace of everyone else

Think of a text like an ambulance...when it comes, pull or walk to the side of the passageway until it is passed

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Wow… I just added you to my friends list, an hour before you posted here.

Originally posted by KyoZero
Can I get an AMEN!!!!

Praise be to ...

holy crap I just realized your initials are JC

AMEN!

Yeah and don’t forget, Johnny Cash…

Can I add to you list the people who text and drive?

Don’t get me started on the DRIVERS!! lol

To the OP...yes I hate people in general who aimlessly slow down the pace of everyone else

Think of a text like an ambulance...when it comes, pull or walk to the side of the passageway until it is passed

Excellent advice Kyo…

The only reason I can see for people walking aimlessly and texting at the same time… is that perhaps their in love or something or there setting up a hot date and those thumbs just gota keep on texting, regardless of the on coming traffic lol

- JC

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Until that is… you encounter, the “Zombie Walking Texter”

Yeah, I hate those guys ... they're stupid!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

But Zazz..... then this may happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

:shk: :shk:

[edit on 25/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I hope you didn't text that reply, while simultaneously walking around town, not watching where you going lol

-JC

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Of course not.

Posted Via ATS Mobile whilst driving over a cat and several schoolchildren: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

But Zazz..... then this may happen.

Hilarious clip...

Makes me wonder why people dont just put the caller on speaker, so
everyone can join in the conversation..

- JC

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So I'm driving along, minding my own business, and I pull up to a stop sign.
I am about to pull out when I observe a lady on a cell phone. She completely does not see my eight cylinder land yacht and continues to walk out into the street in front of me.

She gets halfway across then WAKES UP; a pedestrian on a cell phone, in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET.

"Yes, idiot, you should not be walking and talking at the same time. Multitasking is obviously not one of your strong suits."

[I'm a klutz, so that's my excuse, but I don't TRY to walk and talk at the same time.]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Of course not.

Posted Via ATS Mobile whilst driving over a cat and several schoolchildren: m.abovetopsecret.com

LOL

Hilarious SD... just think of the ATS points...

For some reason I just noticed the line below, this is why I dont text and do anything else at the same time...

I'm probably going to get a lot of female "we can multitask lol" replies now...

- JC

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Caption:
CU l8tr 2 nite gf mwah tc aaaaaajjj@hhhhhwwsos………BOOM!

- JC

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm with you guys. It's insanely annoying when EVERYONE is like that.
Just walk around a college campus... people are attached to their cell phones, completely oblivious of the world around them. It's quite sad, really.
People have lost touch with reality.. :shk:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

End of rant…

- JC

I see people doing it all the time.In the store(at the register), driving, walking..Last time me and my wife went to a movie there was probably 20-30 people that kept opening their phones every 5 minutes to check and type messages out.It was so annoying.I don't understand why people can't let go of a cell phone for 2 hours.We haven't been to a movie since that night.

top topics

join