It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gives No-Bid Contract Worth Tens Of Millions To Campaign Contributor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Obama Gives No-Bid Contract Worth Tens Of Millions To Campaign Contributor

sayanythingblog.com

Despite President Obama’s long history of criticizing the Bush administration for “sweetheart deals” with favored contractors, the Obama administration this month awarded a $25 million federal contract for work in Afghanistan to a company owned by a Democratic campaign contributor without entertaining competitive bids, Fox News has learned.

The contract, awarded on Jan. 4 to Checchi & Company Consulting, Inc., a Washington-based firm owned by economist and Democratic donor Vincent V. Checchi, will pay the firm $24,673,427 to provide “rule of law stabilization services” in war-torn
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
wizbangblog.com

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As yet another example of that it doesn't matter who has control in washington that things always remain the same, or at this point are getting worst and worst with every passing moment. Another example of the corporate fascism or corporatism what ever you want to to call it that America has entrenched in it's current political landscape. People are arguing about Marxist ideals when it seems to me like we are currently living in a Fascist State it just blows my mind.

sayanythingblog.com

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

This isnt surprising at all.

Just like Bush, and all the others. You gotta take care of your friends. Its a big circle of money.

Sick.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bcs8484

As yet another example of that it doesn't matter who has control in washington that things always remain the same, or at this point are getting worst and worst with every passing moment. Another example of the corporate fascism or corporatism what ever you want to to call it that America has entrenched in it's current political landscape. People are arguing about Marxist ideals when it seems to me like we are currently living in a Fascist State it just blows my mind.

sayanythingblog.com

Generally if I see a person at a natural dis-advantage in the looks or speaking department and they are given a high position, I let my guard down a bit too much. If someone is for example very short, very ugly, and yet is put in a position of respect, that myself and others assign a lot of respect to that position.

I think that is what happened with Obama. People focused on the fact he was black and let their guard down... but failed to see that he spoke pretty well so failed to put their guard back up. For that reason, I believe Obama would not have been elected if he were white. I believe that racists votes against Obama adequately canceled out the racist votes for him and what was left was an advantage that people were letting their guard down.

I believe that Obama's looks and speaking style are what made him trustworthy to so many people. Nothing Obama has done as a politician, especially as member of the Illinois senate, have suggested he is anything other than your typical fascist snake looking to suck the blood of America.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

Not surprised at all, I hope this is the "Hope and Change" every one seemed to have wanted so bad...

Good post! Star from me.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That's the kind of change that we voted for.

So far, Obama hasn't produced much change.

We're still in Iraq.

We're still in Afghanistan.

The economy still seems to be stuck in the dumpster.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Corporate America already owns the government. The Supreme Court is just a big show for Constitution enthusiasts, presenting the opinions of twisted old fruits of the system as "Justice", "Freedom", and a "balance of power". It is a temple to the god of Law, a capricious and petty god that goes to the highest bidder.

That's what mindless reverence for an enshrined piece of paper full of half-baked, crap ideas that meant something entirely different to the original authors gets you. A country founded on a dehumanizing and fraudulent document, reflective of the worst tendencies toward the accumulation of power and wealth in the men of its time, and amended to appease the populace at times of crisis, with no real change of status, only terms.

We've achieved the American Dream; an economy controlled by the wealthy, fueled by the middle class, and kept in check by the slave class of poor, hard working people under tremendous pressure to survive the American Dream. I don't owe anything to the Founding Fathers. They never cared about the People, only their own asses and assets.

Is anyone surprised the President is just like the rest? Business as usual.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

Thanks for posting. More of the glaring double standard that we are being conditioned to accept. Just like the mysterious and still unaccounted for contributions to Obama's presidential campaign. $300 plus million in contributions have yet to be traced to the rightful donors. Obama spent $700 plus million on the campaign. I wonder how much these chaps chipped in??

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks, It's just terrible to me that the MSM propaganda machine keeps playing on the left vs right when really the Big Corps CONTROL what seems to be the entire goverment. I don't know what the best form of goverment is because as you can see throughout history it seems all forms of goverment lead to Fascism.

top topics

join