It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeach them all! or at least don't re-elect them!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
From where I sit we have one, just one, chance left to save the nation.

After calling my congresscritters and hearing "there's nothing we can do" about surrendering the country to corporations via the Roberts decision, I see only impeachment as the answer. If we passively wait for elections, it will be most probably too late. After years of "my" Senators and Representative utterly ignoring everything I and most of my fellow Americans have warned about, I have completely, utterly lost any shred of faith in them personally, and hold very little for the process.

So I propose we, the people impeach each and every one of the politicians currently holding office, non-partisan, clean sweep for incompetence (obvious reasons), failure to abide by the wishes of the voters (90% of the country was against TARP), and treason (surrendering the country to foreign interests).

Additionally, don't pay taxes this year, since they will simply give it to the banksters at 0% interest so they can loan it back to taxpayers at 30% or more. Why give it to them in the first place? Hit them where it hurts the most. If you are too frightened not to pay, then at least delay payment as long as you can by filing extensions. It is morally wrong to pay someone to screw over your own family.

We are in a war, folks, and we're losing it because we aren't fighting back. Before guns, use the power of the purse. Paying taxes like good little citizens is suicidal at this point.

Fight now with money and votes, or fight later with bullets and bombs, but make no mistake: fighting is inevitable now, one way or the other.

Long live the Republic!

Death to Fascists!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I feel ya dude. I was a huge proponent of the 'all incumbents out' policy in the last two elections. The only problem is the fact that the majority of people have themselves convinced that the problem is with the 'other' party. So they will vote for 'their' party no matter what. Just read most of the politcal threads here on ATS. It's non-stop. The only way for your plan to work is if enough Reps were willing to vote Dem if the incumbent was Rep and enough Dems were willing to vote Rep if the incumbent was a Dem. Not going to happen. These people have drunk so much of the kolaide they would shoot themsleves in the willie to prove it doesn't hurt.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Vote Green.

Vote Progressive.

Vote Libertarian.

Vote for dead people.

Vote anything but Republicrat!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You're preaching to the choir apacheman. It's the busloads of politcal chuckleheads that need to be convinced. And like I said, they're way too far gone. Very few people 'get it' and until we can make-up a majority we're going to continue this farce. The majority of people actually believe that there is a difference between Democrats and Republicans.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Sad to say, you're probably right.

But one has to try.

Too bad it will wind up with bullets and bombs.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by jtma508

Vote Green.

Vote Progressive.

Vote Libertarian.

Vote for dead people.

Vote anything but Republicrat!

Sadly the GOP & DNC have morphed into cults with freakishly loyal slave followers... it's easier to let some slick talking used car salesmen party clown lead them.. than to actually think for themselves.

The failed 2-party system is like the NHL having 2 teams that take turns winning the cup.. no sane person would endure such an insipid sport, yet it's acceptable for politics.. go figure.

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think."
-Adolf Hitler

Another option is go to jury duty and vote not guilty on all BS non violent / drug / tax laws. Hanging a jury / frustrating "the man" is liberating and fun.. It also wastes 1000s upon 1000s of dollars and clogs up the court calendar. The s# eating grin of happy shock on your fellow persecuted US citizens face is priceless.

top topics

join