It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will an everything distroying threat of earth unite the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Picture this for example...there is something that can cause and will distroy everything and everyone on Earth if we do not something about it. But the cost are so immense and the materials and labour is of such proportions that no country in the world can save the day by its own. It will take an effort of all people to contribute and to forget their differences.

Just assume that we are smart enough and decide to work on the problem.

Will such an event bring nations closer to eachother and bring peace in the world? Will the people on Earth gain respect for their differences and accept eachother, become aware of their fragility and need to stick together if they ever want to flourish and survive with peace?

Or will it be a matter of time before everybody forgot what just happened or worse didn't understand the underlying significance of their mutual effort for survival at all?

(I am not talking about NWO conspiracy tactics here !!)

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Picture this for example...there is something that can cause and will distroy everything and everyone on Earth if we do not something about it. But the cost are so immense and the materials and labour is of such proportions that no country in the world can save the day by its own. It will take an effort of all people to contribute and to forget their differences.

Just assume that we are smart enough and decide to work on the problem.

Will such an event bring nations closer to eachother and bring peace in the world? Will the people on Earth gain respect for their differences and accept eachother, become aware of their fragility and need to stick together if they ever want to flourish and survive with peace?

Or will it be a matter of time before everybody forgot what just happened or worse didn't understand the underlying significance of their mutual effort for survival at all?

(I am not talking about NWO conspiracy tactics here !!)

It will force them to work together and forget their old hatefull ways. As far as will it stay this way forever YES IF PROPER DOCUMENTATION of CERTAIN EVENTS CANNOT EVER BE DESTROYED NOR FORGOTTEN THE MISTAKES WILL ALWAYS BE ACKNOWLEDGED AND CONSIDERED. I CALL IT *CING* LOL, BUT THAT SENDS EVERYONE BACK HOME AND LEAVES THIS UNIVERSE FREE OF LIFE FOR ITS JOB SEEMS DONE AND IT CAN CLOSE ALL CONCIOUSNESS SINCE (VARIOUS LIFE ENERGY HAS BEEN SPAWNED).

[edit on 1/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
That would really depend a lot on the available time.

If there was 6 months then quite possibly.

If there was 2 weeks, that would be 2 weeks of every emotion human kind can produce in an intensity never seen in history. - It would be a mess, a little like human kind dying fat and drugged up on the toilet from explosive diarrhoea, not pretty...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan seemed to think it would bring the world togeather

I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world

Reagan

-E-

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Ronald Reagan seemed to think it would bring the world togeather

I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world

Reagan

-E-

He knew, I remember STAR WARS AS A CHILD LIKE WTF yes it was said to be to protect from ICBM but uh STAR WARS SMH.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Yeah....probably NWO stuff....but what do you think?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
He knew, I remember STAR WARS AS A CHILD LIKE WTF yes it was said to be to protect from ICBM but uh STAR WARS SMH.

I had an idea for a short story once - the main theme would be that the real reason the star wars project was dropped was because first contact had been made, and once the PTB got a glimpse of the tech those guys had, any thing we could put up there would be a joke
like tissue paper vs a samurai sword...

Never got round to writing it, might do it one day, I don't mind if any one else takes the idea tho.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The event will show the people who are good and bad. Bad people of course would slice other's neck to live , while good will work together.

Point is , NEVER will ALL people work together , I mean , just look at China. People die because of polution and the government doesn't even care. For good hopes , and the survival of everything , evil must be purged.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think that there would be a lot of fighting still in the first short while that knowledge of the impending disaster was known to all.

After the dust would settle, and we would unite all together... however I'm pretty sure there would be quite a few far-flung religious extremists doing everything they could to sabotage the effort because the disaster is "god's will".

Afterwards, I don't think that the politics of the world would change, for the time being, but to have shown the whole world what it is capable of when it works together would have an amazing long-term effect when all the old pompous idiots still fighting over past incidents for revenge pass on.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No... is my opinion. In fact, I would guess at it pushing us even further apart, political allies already forged would become stronger but the people would no doubt lose faith in their governments once the realised they were unable to save us. People with no religious faith would begin looking after themselves, families and friends and those with faith would seek comfort also of fellow worshippers and their particular almighty god.

Divisions would be more defined through class, religion and race and the ignorance in mankind would lead to our downfall.

Then... Mother nature would start to rebuild, rejuvenate and rediscover life on the planet without the virus that is humankind.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i think more people would respond......... if your title made sense?
good one.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Funny, my wife and I were discussing this a few nights ago. We decided that the world would not doubt unite. Then the question came up....IF the peoples of the world do in deed feel that way, then why not just go ahead and unite? It seems silly to have the attitude of "oh yeah, we will all unite, BUT...in the meantime, let's continue to have petty disputes and make war with each other"

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
i think more people would respond......... if your title made sense?
good one.

Hmmmm...

I think the op'er could just change it to 'Will an everything destroying threat to Earth unite the world?'

And it would make sense maybe 'everything destroying' (inverted comers) - but I am in no way a post nazi!!! It didn't even bother me that destroying was spelt incorrectly and Earth had a lower case e... I like the mistakes so long as the idea gets across.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
look what happened in Copenhaegan, a total failure due to countries lack of ability to work with one another.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A threat IS HERE , and the problem never walks alone.

Threats to total destruction :

I - Younger Dryas follower crawling onto us little by little.
II - Bloodhunger a.k.a Warwanting.
III - Endless useage of Mother Nature's resources.
IV - Polution in developing countries.
V - Destructive Nature of the disease (Humanity).

The threats are arranged in the line-up of the deadlies one. Currently the follower is doing extreme damage , causing tornadoes deadlier , outbreaks more frequent , temperatures lower , winds stronger , storms more severe.

Bloodhunger is below the follower , for the Bloodhunger starts the wars , deaths of innocents.

The third threat doesn't need explaining.

Fourth as well..

Fifth is obvious - the destructive nature makes us destroy everything around us , starting from lives to Mother Nature.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I know what you mean.....why would you need an accident before you will drive carefully.......something like that?

Becoming aware or to understand something many of us first need to live or feel it before we can comprehend.

EDIT: grammar

[edit on 25-1-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
[

I think the op'er could just change it to 'Will an everything destroying threat to Earth unite the world?'

And it would make sense maybe 'everything destroying' (inverted comers) - but I am in no way a post nazi!!! It didn't even bother me that destroying was spelt incorrectly and Earth had a lower case e... I like the mistakes so long as the idea gets across.

I am sorry to go off topic for this one but I need to adress this commenter for his remarks.

Just like you I like wonderful english writing but english is not the language I have grown up with. I can make an effort to make it perfect but that will never be..... unless I can win something with it....maybe.

If I notice something is wrong with my spelling or grammar I try to correct it and leave it with that. This is what most foreign non english speaking ATS members do.....I think. I agree with you....so long as the idea gets across.

I promise that I will not bother you with your mistakes when you make an (forbidden) effort writing my language on this forum.

top topics

join