It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your Favorite Gun ,Post a pic

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
here is another one of my favorite guns

the bushmaster is an amazingly steady stable gun, i love shooting it

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

edit; this is very dangerous form of weapony here....

EDIT2; I THORT it was a post a picture thread

[edit on 26/1/2010 by C0bzz]

This is the reason we should fear the Chinese military.....

Secure

PS I can't believe the anger I am seeing on this thread...good work Mods.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Is that the ACR? Doesnt exist yet outside of testing purposes as far as I know. They were supposed to begin production last Fall but apparently they didnt. No new news on from Shot Show last week either.

I was going to get a SCAR last year but decided to wait for the ACR. The projected MSRP is half that of the SCAR and if the final product stays true to current design it should be a superior rifle as well.

If Magpul and Bushmaster/Remington can get their shops to start turning these out that is. Every quarter it's another delay.

Nevermind that. The newest projected MSRP is arounf 3K. They can go screw themselves.

Each configuration of the commercial ACR is offered in a non-reflective, black finish or Coyote Brown (30118). Suggested retail price: Basic $2,685 and Enhanced $3,061.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

yes the ACR is going to come out this spring, hopefully though the price wont be $3,000 like they are expecting

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
has anyone here had any experience with one of these?

I had heard they were finicky on what type of ammo they used. I did check one out at a shop and it breaks down exactly like an AR and uses the same rail system. Sweet gun IMHO. Like $499 or better I think. I hope I get to give a review soon instead of just reading them.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Nothing like going old school...

Never know when the pirates might try to board...

Cool Firearm

Lots of sound, and fury...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Nothing like going old school...

Never know when the pirates might try to board...

Cool Firearm

Lots of sound, and fury...

A blunderbuss, wow that is old school and I was just looking at one in a pawnshop the other day...

Secure

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am surprised that no one has mentioned the ever versatile, affordable and reliable Ruger 10/22 rifle. It was the first .22 I ever owned. I wish I still had it. It is such a fun gun to own and pimp out due to the endless supply of stocks and add ons for it.

There aren't too many rifles that you can easily modify like this.

Sure its not big and fancy but it is a great rifle to use as an introductory weapon for new shooters.

Ruger has even climbed on board the trend by offering the 10/22 action in a common AR platform with the SR22

Just one more that is just a little larger than a 10/22

[edit on 26-1-2010 by jibeho]

[edit on 26-1-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

Ahum... That tank is soviet.

It's from wWII.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

No, it ain't. Now they've got all sorts of pneumatic rifles and handguns that can take out medium sized animals, Super Bunny and Mr. Pterodactyl should he still exist.

Expensive, but so cool when you're the only one with a 9mm or 45 caliber air rifle, or a 1,200fps .22 air rifle with a 12 round clip that's built just as well as a Kimber .22 bolt-action. Mainly for the air rifle connoisseur-snob in the UK because they have stricter gun laws..

[edit on 26-1-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This is the one that I own!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
So you have agreed that you are a slave in this society as well?

None of us while living in this system can completely escape from it, if you could then why would I bother trying to expose it?

Yes we are ALL slaves to the system.

If so, how would you plan to escape?

The point isn't to escape from it, the point is to change it.

I don't accept any human being as a master over myself.
Do you?

Whether you except it or not, do you have a choice? How have you escaped the system? If you rely on someone else (private owners in this context) for your ability to attain resources for your survival they are your master.

I have been 'self' employed for 8 years and actually 'enjoy' what I do.I enjoy to stay busy with that which interests myself.
Lack of activity leads to entropy by design.

AH yes that's great for you, but as usual you are looking at everything from your own personal perspective, which this system has conditioned you to do. We need to think of COMMUNITIES as a whole, not just 'I'm alright jack so what's the problem?'

It would be economically impossible for everyone to be in your position in this system. In fact, no offense, but what happens when people take the initiative and become self employed? Companies just go looking for a cheaper alternative, like sending jobs overseas.

If we 'workers', better ourselves by becoming self employed or whatever the system always finds a way to counter it (i.e laying people off, sending jobs overseas, etc.)

Trying to improve our lot is not working while were stuck in this system that takes the means for production out of our hands and controls them to maintain max profits, at the expense of people who can't afford the entrance fee.

I know no master. You?

Hmmm read the last paragraph again. You do pay taxes to the government right? See, you still have a master, and I bet many many more you haven't even considered.

Who did you have in mind as a candidate for my master?
Regardless, I'm not accepting applications.[/url]

You, yourself. You are your only true master, never put power over yourself in the hands of others. There is no authority but yourself. I really don't care what a self indulgent pop star has to say, which btw is an appeal to authority.

All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary.” — J. Krishnamurti, Freedom from the Known

[edit on 1/26/2010 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The Raging Bull:

Basically, a revolver on steroids.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Here is my favorite:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a973ed75d02b.jpg[/atsimg]

It's free and when it's in your pocket...it's just as powerful as any, as others don't know what you Packin'!

Edit: it will never get used against you either

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

its better to have a firearm handy and never need it than not to have one when you need it...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Your damn right! We have a god given right to defend ourselves, and so long as criminals have guns, so must we. To just skirt along happy go lucky is an idiotic thing to do. We have just this one life, and the world is full of people who would take it without blinking an eye!

You guys can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands!

I had an uncle who was gunned down by two little gang bangers. When they caught them they said they just wanted to know what it felt like to kill. He died in Houston Texas in the mid 90’s while changing a flat tire. Had he been armed maybe he would have stood a chance.

All you igits that think gun control is a good idea need to realize that if you outlaw guns then only criminals will have guns. The genie is already out of the bottle here. Even if you rounded up ever gun on Earth anyone who wanted one could easily make their own. A world where the criminals are armed and the rest of us aren’t, would be a very screwed up place to live. You may not like it, but legislation only effects the lawful gun owner and is pointless.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

You know, I didnt know that! Police dont have use for .338s as the power is overkill and dangerous to bystanders and we have them in our military (and the Brits) so I just assumed it was a military only thing.

I assume in your 2nd part is not referring to my post.

I thought it was hilarious you got off topic post in your own thread!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I know the right answer is probably something modern, but I have allways thought the Win. 1897 12 guage trench gun with bayonet would be a good all around survival tool.I like the fact that it has a hammer and can be "slam fired" Its definitely a good enough piece to use for obtaining better equipment if you get my meaning. I would have chosen a rifled cartrige, but the reasons I would have for owning a weapon dont include long range unless the sh&% has already been hitting the fan for sometime.
At that point Ill grab a rifle of of a body. With the trench gun I can throw a slug in it and bust a deer if I need to feed the family, or I can throw 00 buck in it and make hamburger if I need to defend the family. If the turds really do start flying I hope some of my fellow countrymen in uniform will see fit to upgrade my gear if possible. If not the 1897 will definitely stack the bad guy carcass for me to loot.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Why are people coming to an obvious PRO-gun thread to spew their crap? Anti-gun talk is totally irrelevent to this thread. The thread purpose is not to debate whether we should have the right to bare arms....its simply to talk about COOL guns...

So...instead of trying to show us how sensitive you are, how about show us some COOL firepower?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

Me likeee!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join