It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Mayor Calls Gay Pride March 'Satanic'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Moscow Mayor Calls Gay Pride March 'Satanic'

www.iol.co.za

Moscow - The mayor of Moscow, known for his overtly homophobic statements, said Monday that he would never allow a gay pride parade in the city, calling it "Satanic" and saying marchers should be punished.

"A gay parade... cannot be called anything but a Satanic act," Yury Luzhkov told an education conference, quoted by Interfax news agency. "We haven't permitted such a parade and we won't permit it in the future."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Luzhkov called for gay marchers to be punished. "It's high time that we stop propagating nonsense discussions about human rights, and bring to bear on them the full force and justice of the law," he said.

That's right, let's stop propagating nonsense discussions about human rights......and let's keep oppressing and killing everyone who doesn't think like us.....

PEACE and LOVE...

www.iol.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I know it is sad, but this guy had me laughing.. I hope the men in white coats come for him soon.. he obviously needs a little help..

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
These parades break the laws and let us see how...
1.Gay pride organizers never have proper permits to hold these
parades.
2.The cities,they "march" at, never allow such activities to be
forced onto their citizens.
3.These types of parades always lead to violence and clashes with
the police and gay protestors.
4.God is against homosexuality and so am I.
5.Breaks the laws of nature.Trying to make a square peg fit into
a round hole,it doesn't fit.
6.Sexual lifestyle shouldn't define who you are as a person.Homosexuals
always wear their lifestyle, as a chip on their shoulders, daring others
to knock it off!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Don't you just love the United States of America? Isn't the United States of America just about the best place in the world to live if you choose to be gay?

Try being gay in Iran or any other Muslim country, try being gay in Russia.

The United States of America is the best country in the world!!!

Actually I am just so surprised that you made a thread that didn't include your usual "Blame America First" rants! It is kind of refreshing!!!

Good Job!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
parades.
to knock it off!

LOL

Not much else to say. Pretty much got it covered I reckons.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Never seen any of the first three points at any Gay pride parade I have ever seen.. from all accounts everyone has a fun day, tho it's not my scene, still each to their own.

And few of the priests this way might disagree with your stance on how god sees gays, but I can't talk for them.. so will pass those points by..

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
'Satanic' is a bit OTT, but I can't help thinking - they can be as proud as they want of their sexuality, but why this compulsion to march about it? Their sexuality is nothing to do with me. Not impressed, not interested..
Maybe we should organise some 'proud to be heterosexual' marches - just to get the balance right

[edit on 25-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

parades.
to knock it off!

1. A complete lie. Or are you a member of some organization that regulates every global city's marching permits?

2. No one forces anything on anyone. If you don't want to see the parade, don't go onto the street it's being held at. And FYI, homosexuals are members of society too. Sorry to disappoint you, but they are at the very least your peers.

3. I've been to several of these types of events and have yet to see the police become involved in any sort of violence. Maybe you should pull your head out of the sand and visit any heterosexual club or bar scene in any major city and see how many times the police have to break up violence then.

Once again, you lie. Doesn't Jesus tell you not to do such things? Maybe I misinterpreted the Gospels' teachings, or maybe you're reading some different translation? Perhaps it's mostly pictures and quaint popups?

4. We've already established you're not too familiar with the basic teachings of God, so I'm going to go ahead and make the microscopic step of logic that you probably don't know what He actually believes.

5. Homosexuality is abundant in nature. I suggest you go to Google and do 2 minutes of research to confirm this.

6. Another blatant stereotype. Unless you live under a rock, you know gay and bisexual people but have no idea about their sexuality. Sexuality tends to become a defining factor of any person, especially when they are confronted with narrow minded and ignorant views from "certain aspects" of society.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
put ya hand up and comment if your gay , i think its important for everyone to know that gays are not hiding themselves ,even on forums ,as i think the gay activism needs to show a strong force in all facets of communication , in my humble opinion !

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

parades.
to knock it off!

I'm going to use this term twice today on these boards:

Your post ma'am, is clown shoes.

1. No....or better yet....prove it please. Produce a link showing this is the case. I'm sure it would have been reported in the news if it is so widely known
2. Yes, they do. In fact, the cities gain revenue from such events. or better yet, prove to me that you are right.
3. Prove to me that it is ALWAYS. that is a mighty heavy word. I have a lot of gay friends, they never, ever speak of the violence that happened. Also, I never hear on the news that the gay parade got out of hand.
4. Talk to the god of your choice a bit more. It will tell you that all deserve our respect and the full rights that we are born with.
5. Gay Penguins, (yes, just one example, but one example proves your whole statement false.)
6. Sexual lifestyle does define you. I am a straight male. Proud of it. If someone calls me gay, I defend it. I will concede that yes, right now in time the gay community is trying to make themselves known and that they are not exactly the same as everyone else...but the same thing happened in the African American community...just for starters.

I look forward to your response.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Did you read the article?
1.I used to dress up as a clown.
2.I wore red and green converse sneakers with little,fluffy balls
glued on them.
3.I had bells sewn on my outfit as well.
4.I had a very annoying bike horn I used to honk at people.
5.I rode a sunburst yellow bicycle.
6.I wore full face make-up and a red wig.
I went out in public dressed like this.Do you really think I care what
your opinion of me is?
I know a lot of people are homosexual and that is their right.I don't
want them shoving their lifestyle down my throat or my grandkids'.
Does this spewing sound familiar?It should,that is what all the atheists
go on and on about,bashing christianity.Having others beliefs shoved
down their throats.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

parades.
to knock it off!

I can assure you that when the people of Los Angeles put on their Gay Pride Parade in West Hollywood, California America’s first incorporated ‘Gay City’ that not only do all parties have the proper permits but the proper G-strings and Pasties!

The City of West Hollywood not only allows the parade but promotes the parade as do local merchants who make lots of money off the people coming from far and wide to see the parade.

As far as G-d being against homosexuality I am pretty sure G-d if in fact G-d exists hasn’t actually authorized you to speak on his/her/it’s behalf though I think it is safe to say that you are against Homosexuality.

As far as breaking the laws of nature clearly anyone who has had a couple of male dogs would tell you that its not just people that get confused about these so called laws of nature, which like G-d I am pretty sure Mother Nature has not authorized you to speak on his/her/it’s behalf, but once again I think it is safe to say that you are against Homosexuality. In fact you are against it to the point where you attempt to make authoritarian standpoints on the behalf of cities, governments, deities and nature itself to validate your thinking, likely out of some deep seeded insecurity that leads you to believe that the rest of the world would reject being anti-Gay simply because you yourself are anti-Gay, and in fact you are correct about that because most of the world is in fact not anti-Gay no matter what you make up and try to purport as being reasons why a good portion of the world doesn’t agree with you.

Clearly you don’t know many Homosexuals not just as evidenced by your statement that gays flaunt their lifestyle but evidenced by your statements that you believe homosexuality is wrong. I think it’s safe to say most people don’t actually hang out with or know much about people that they believe are wrong. Which is why when it comes to bigotry of all kinds we see a lot of people putting forth inaccurate statements like this looking to reinforce stereotypes that validate and justify their own faulty thinking as a means to excuse it through the promotion of ignorance.

The truth is just like many Christians wear their lifestyles by flaunting them, just as many Christians don’t and keep their faith and how they practice it a private thing.

Chances are there are a lot more homosexual and bi-sexual people in your immediate world than you are aware of for the simple reason that a vast number of homosexuals, lesbians and bi-sexual people don’t in fact wear their lifestyles on their sleeves and flaunt them, in fact many people engaged in alternative sexual lifestyles, including the hetero-sexual ones of Swinging, and D/s and BDSM are often very discrete about their lifestyles and sexual presence so they don’t have to listen to the ramblings and musings of the bigoted and misinformed.

There is basically nothing correct about the information you posted except that you don’t like homosexuals.

[edit on 25/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

But they are NOT shoving a single thing down your throat.

They simply are not as a whole. And when an individual does, you have the right to tell them that you do not wish to hear about it.

Will you have a problem come march when all of the St. Patrick's day parades are going on? That MY people are "shoving" our Irish beliefs down your throat? Or what about on Martin Luther King Junior day? Did you have a problem that they were "shoving" the belief that MLK was a great man down your throat?

and what's so wrong with kids learning that their are different life styles? if for any other reason than they won't be freaked out about it when they encounter it in the real world...and they will.

and again, I ask for proof to those statements you made. If I am wrong I will gladly admit to it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Do you really think I care what
your opinion of me is?

Then you really shouldn't take offense when we really don't care what your opinion is. Correct?

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So you speak to God, and God told you this? Or did you read it somewhere?
Your welcome to have your own personal feelings.. But when you claim to know what God is and is not against you sound like Pat Robertson.. Pure clown shoes!!

Now to the point of the Mayor... Hey he can say what ever he wants!! Being in a place of power, its always good to see the true colors of these people.

I have learned to live with the fact that there is going to be alot of these kinds of people in our world..
Everyone has a right to express how they feel..

Its just when they start putting words in other peoples mouths, and try to come off all high and mighty that makes me think a little bit about this..

Most the time, homophobic people are in the closet.
They can not deal with their own inner thoughts and feelings..
So they lash out.. nuff said..

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

None taken!
You people don't know a thing about me other than what I post here.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

5. Gay Penguins, (yes, just one example, but one example proves your whole statement false.)

Gay penguins have been proved to be false. When given a choice these penguins went straight faster than you can say Ann Heche. If penguins can choose to be gay then go back straight, maybe there is hope for gay people too!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

so no links to show regarding your statements?

am i to assume they are unfounded? I did a search myself...I was unable to find anything of consequence. So please, again I ask, where do you get these statements from?

I have not claimed to know you, I have asked to know more about your stance in an effort to get to know more about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Was the "hope for gay people to" thing sarcasm? or do you believe they (majority) choose?

and I really don't think because they did go back to females that it proves it to be bunk.

the going argument is it is completely and totally against nature. for a "dumb animal" to go gay means it is not against nature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join