It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Planets will not Align, According to NASA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
okay so NASA says the planets will not line up at all for at least a few decades
www.nasa.gov...

Q: Could a phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?
A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

here is the orbital diagram yourself you can fastforward to whatever date you would like

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

but according to another source
www.spaceweather.com they wont.
here is an orbital track of all the planets, and you can fast forward it to 2012
as seen in this picture

so if you look at this the planets don't align, in fact they are nowhere near lining up

just thought you might want some comfort if you were worried

[edit on 1/25/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Well, if they did align...I don't see the significance.
But, according to your study, they won't.

Good job!
Now I can sleep well thinking that planetary alignment won't happen.
(as if I was really worried anyways)

I think I'm more worried about this country's own government ruining our economy.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
2012 isnt about the Planetary alignment, its about Earth's alignment to out Galactic Centre, which in some Astrological terms means the Sun crosses into some new Zodiacal centre.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Correct!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
its funny you mention that i have a source from NASA that Denounces that as well

Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

link to that stated ment is in my OP

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by ROBL240

www.youtube.com...

I Don't think there is a "end". But something will happen - you will see. Maybe you should read "Self-Fulfilling 2012" near this Thread at the "recent post". If enough of us think something will happen - it will. We are the creators of universe according to the newest quantum-physics knowledge.

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

link to that stated ment is in my OP

There is another type of alignment due to the sun latterally traversing the 'height' of the galaxy as it orbits the centre.

www.universetoday.com...

That doesn't mean it will affect us but I guess no one knows for sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I keep hearing about Earth aligning with the galactic center, but isn't that allways happening? Not just once a year, but every moment of every day?

Think about it. Draw two dots at random places on a piece of paper. Now attempt to connect the two dots with a single, perfect, straight line. Happens every time. It works in three dimensions just as well.

If you are only dealing with two points they will allways be in perfect alignment with each other... Now if they weren't in alignment with each other.... well that would be something to worry about.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First off why is everyone on ATS Jumping in support of NASA?

They dont tell us the truth, funny how NASA all of sudden is jumping and trying to claim.

1.2012 Planets Wont Align? Says who?

2.2012 is a normal year says NASA, Hmm we shall see.

Trusting NASA on these subjects is like trusting WHO for the H1N1 false pandemic

I believe an Align is more likely then planet x.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

They dont tell us the truth, funny how NASA all of sudden is jumping and trying to claim.

Trusting NASA on these subjects is like trusting WHO for the H1N1 false pandemic

did you see the evidence i posted and the diagrams of the planets orbits, and where they line up?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

your thinking about things in the 2d form. the universe is 3 dimensional. we are currently under the galactic alignment zone moving up. (if you choose to believe that).

also dots on paper don't move. but as we know our entire universe is always in motion.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

did you see the evidence i posted and the diagrams of the planets orbits, and where they line up?

Yes but again, the same with data computers

They never predict 100% right how can i put this, remember the deep freeze we had a while ago? did the computers of the weather networks channels ,

predicted it? nope, they didn't.

So how trust worthy should we about the diagram you have posted? what if it changes before 2012? you know there is an old saying.

(You cant always predict the future)

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
your are correct in your statements, but the computer models go by the rotation of the planets, and follow that model, and the planets are nowhere NEAR aligning, so if it was a little closer to aligning i might be more leanient, but the models show the planets nowhere near aligning at all

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The alignment that the Mayans speak of happens only once every 26,000 years, not every year. Just more disinfo from NASA.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've read so much conflicting information about this date that my head is about to explode.

I think what happened is somebody claimed "the solar system will align with the center of the milky way" and that statement got misinterpreted in many different ways.

Claim 1: The planets of the solar system will align in a significant way.
This is false according to the JPL orbit models in the OP.

Claim 2: The sun will process from Pieces to Aquarius
This will be true, but not in 2012. Even if you treat each constellation as 30-degrees the procession into Aquarius will not happen for about 100 years.

Claim 3: The solar system will cross the galactic equator
I am trying to figure this one out. The claim is that the galaxy is "flat" like a spinning plate. The solar system (as well as all other members of the galaxy) traverse the plane of the galaxy in a sine-wave pattern. Crossing the plane of the galaxy would certainly be interesting as it is a rare event and this plane would be where the highest concentration of energy directly from the center of the galaxy would be.

I have seen some people claim that the 2012 date was the approximation of when we would pass this galactic plane. I have seen others claim that we are nowhere near this plane.

Other theories are that the further we are from the plane, the less spiritual and powerful we humans are. The closer we come to it, the more spiritual we are.

It would be really interesting to see a 3d snapshot of the earth, solar system and galaxy orbital plane on that date in 2012.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

That's not the cycle which the Mayan prophecies concern as far as I know. What you're talking about is the precession of the equinoxes which is where we get the zodiac.

The galactic alignment, where our entire solar system crosses the central radial plane of the galaxy happens every 64million years and is detailed in my last post.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
2012 isnt about the Planetary alignment, its about Earth's alignment to out Galactic Centre, which in some Astrological terms means the Sun crosses into some new Zodiacal centre.

Yes, it is just that exactly. In a vision I experienced a few years ago I saw the Earth come into a place, and all of the planets in our system snapped into alignment just like that. The "Crossing" is something that will effect all of the planets, I think. One thing I believe will happen is our "third eye" will open, to me this means Telepathy will come back to us. At that point we will either be:
1. Come together as one Force of Pure Energy...

2. Caught in the trap once again, and sent down to the 3rd. dimension again.

The choice is up to each of us, individually. Each of us has to make the choice.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
Claim 3: The solar system will cross the galactic equator
I am trying to figure this one out. The claim is that the galaxy is "flat" like a spinning plate. The solar system (as well as all other members of the galaxy) traverse the plane of the galaxy in a sine-wave pattern. Crossing the plane of the galaxy would certainly be interesting as it is a rare event and this plane would be where the highest concentration of energy directly from the center of the galaxy would be.

I have seen some people claim that the 2012 date was the approximation of when we would pass this galactic plane. I have seen others claim that we are nowhere near this plane.

Here is the best synopsis I have read so far:

The first misunderstanding is related to the difference between the central galactic plane and planes parallel to it such as the galactic equator of our sky. The galactic equator intersects the ecliptic (Earth’s orbital plane) close to celestial longitudes 90° and 270° and did so precisely nearly ten years ago. In our era the Sun crosses the galactic equator close to longitude 270° every year near the time of the winter solstice, not just in 2012. The galactic center will reach longitude 270° in about 800 years. Regarding an actual central galactic plane, there are several candidates of various stellar densities. It will be 120 million years before we again pass through the densest zone. It will be 7 million years before we pass through one of the less dense candidates, although we’re on the fringe right now. Here's a link to more on that: www.wmnh.com...

cs.astronomy.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

On December 21st 2012 the Long Count Calendar used by the ancient Meso-American peoples such as the Maya, Aztec, Toltec and Olmec will end one great cycle of 13 Baktun (5125.26 years). The creators of this system were able to calculate and track interesting cycles of nature such as eclipse cosmic alignment and conjunctions

It is true that this will be the first time in almost 26,000 years that the Sun will appear to connect with part of the Dark Rift.

2012rising.com...

[edit on 25-1-2010 by sickofitall2012]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join