It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Area 51 hackers dig up trouble

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Digging up road sensors on public land near Area 51 can get you into real trouble, as Area 51 investigators Chuck Clark and Joerg Arnu found out. Based on their survey, Clark and Arnu have estimated that there are between 75 and 100 sensors in the surrounding public land. FBI and Air Force agents raided Clark's trailer home in Rachel, and carted off his computer, photographs and records. The next day, Arnu got a call at work from the FBI. "They demanded that I speak with them the very same day," he says.

SecurityFocus.com

The Case of the Missing Sensor
The investigation sparked something of a backlash in Nevada. The Las Vegas Review Journal editorialized against the FBI's tactics. In the Las Vegas Mercury, George Knapp, the newsman who filmed the KLAS segment, asked how far the government should be allowed to go in protecting the secret base. "If you or I accidentally kick one of these hidden transmitters, should the feds be able to seize our Macintosh and photos of Aunt Betty?" Arnu describes the probe as an intimidation tactic. "It didn't lead anywhere," says Arnu. "It was basically a dead-end from the beginning because we didn't break any law... We dug [the sensors] up without damaging them or destroying them."

But court documents unsealed earlier this year reveal that there was an unsolved mystery lurking around Groom Lake. It seems that a month prior to the raid, one of the road sensors went missing-- vanished, like an abductee pulled into a flying saucer.

The government didn't charge anyone with stealing U.S. property, but last December they charged Clark with a single count of interfering with a communications system used for the national defense. On March 12th, 2003 Clark allegedly obstructed, hindered and delayed "a signal from a mini intrusion device" located outside "the Nevada Test and Training Range" -- a reference to the government land that encompasses the Groom Lake site.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related News Stories
Special Report: Area 51 Uncovered - New images available
New Proof That UFO Crash at Roswell Actually Happened

Related Websites
Joerg Arnu's DreamlandResort.com
AboveTopSecret.com Area 51 page
FAS.org Groom Lake Area 51

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff, and an excellent find.

The government's reaction could mean one of two things... either there really is something over there that we're not meant to know about, or there's something somewhere else that we're not meant to know about, and Area 51 is a publicity decoy meant to distract the public and the news media from the real show.

Either way, this only reinforces the idea that there's something up. What it is, we may never know... but thanks for filling us in on this piece of the puzzle.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hmm, fascinating area
I've love to travel there and see it for myself.
I allways remember a British documentry on TV about it and this TV presenter hired a plane and started to fly towards Area 51, whereby he was intercepted by a military jet and told to leave the area immediately.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Excellent article Zion Royal thumbs up to yah

The FBI's treatment of this poor guy shows how sensitive the U.S authorities seem to be over the now world renowned and infamous Area 51. If it's a decoy they have done a good job.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
what I find interesting is,

for years the government denied the very existance of area 51, and now they admit that there's a base there, but it isn't used for anything and don't go snooping around there or our "gaurds / "cammo dudes" will get you....

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Norio Hayakawa
Senior Area 51 Researcher, Sponsor and Mentor of the DLR
www.dreamlandresort.com...
His website:
hometown.aol.com...

For the latest on the operating base at Groom Lake, Nevada, go to:
www.hometown.aol.com...

Norio &Tony Hilder are freinds of mine.. You might be interested in this info.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The lesson here is...you should really just not wander around area 51 messing with Gov equipment. Some people are just plain errr DUMB. Sometimes it seems that people just gotta poke a sleeping lion with a stick...I mean...geeze. Leave the sensors alone!! Whatever they have there, they don't want people messing around, and people should just accept that fact when they are near the grounds around that area.
There is enough info out there on Area 51, why do people gotta go and provoke the Gov, all its going to do is get them some federal charge. It amazes me that people think its OK to play with things like sensors. Dont touch it!!

But then again, if it was public land, I can see the other side. But still, take pictures of the sensors...Don't dig them up!! They don't mess around in that area. You are just looking for trouble if you do something like that. No one wants the gov down thier back. Should of known better

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Actually, I think Area51 is a cover. While people are concentrating on getting inside, the real 'action', I believe, is elsewhere.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Another way of looking at this to ask yourself if you would expect to be arrested if you decided to remove trafffic signals or street signs. The answer is obviously yes. The same thing holds true for the sensors.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I seem to remember hearing that Area 51 was now abandoned, that they had relocated the base operations somewhere in Utah.. Anyone else remember something similiar to that?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Yes, I've heard all about it, but it is not true. Just a couple of months ago, a new taxiway was constructed, and busses transport workers to and from the base several times a day.

Those rumors were started by a poorly researched article on Area 51 by popular science magazine.

So-called Janet aircaft still fly in workers, and white unmarked trucks still drive to and from the base. Just visit the DreamlandResort.com forum and website for reports.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I also believe Area 51 is a cover for something else. I saw a program on Discovery that said the base is basically unusable during certain periods of the year due to high radiation levels in the earth surrounding the base from previous nuclear testing. This show also said that the new facility is near Micheal AAF base in Utah where they used to test bio/chem weapons. I believe "Popular Mechanics" covered this as well last year.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think both bases are in active use. The srories of Area 51 shutting down are nothing but mis-information,

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey guys is the Dreamlandresort website down cuz' i've tried it for since noon and i get a message saying....ACCOUNT DISABLED-LIMIT EXCEEDED.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why in the world would you wanna dig up sensors, i wouldnt touch them unless in knew they weren't marking trouble. What exactly were these people doing digging up government censors where use of deadly force is authorized. It just doesn't sound intelligent to me on the hackers part, unless im not getting the full story.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would have to agree 100% with jrod on this. Also, when you think of this:

FBI and Air Force agents raided Clark's trailer home in Rachel, and carted off his computer, photographs and records. The next day, Arnu got a call at work from the FBI. "They demanded that I speak with them the very same day," he says.

you gotta ask yourself, does this make sense? If the FBI wanted to talk to you, they wouldn't call you at work and make an appointment, would they? They'd be a little more in your face

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Yea.. I seem to remember the Area 51 shutdown story on TLC or Discovery Channel, an episode regarding UFOs or Aliens. It was because of the high radiation levels.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I also believe Area 51 is a cover for something else. I saw a program on Discovery that said the base is basically unusable during certain periods of the year due to high radiation levels in the earth surrounding the base

Isn't it all underground anyway? Maybe thats why they have those gnarley radiation proof white buses

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well I look at it this way. We are paying the bill for this base and if we want to know what the heck is going on out there then our government better speak up. When you have a government with such a great lack of integrity you cannot trust them with an unlimited budget. When you pay the bills you have a right to know. Granted what is being worked on should be kept somewhat of a secret but to this level leads me to believe something dirty is going on.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The military have heaps of reasons to keep idiots from wandering around in dangerous or sensitive areas. A lot of the time it might be just to protect the idiot from blowing himself up or getting fried.

If you put up a fence and signs, and put regular patrols around a live ammunition test range for example, the public will immediately think it must be a secret alien flying saucer base, where the most frightful things go on.

Well maybe they do............

But on the other hand you do not want people taking photographs or walking across operational aircraft runways, how the heck are you supposed to keep them out ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join