It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Chemical Ali' executed, Iraq state TV reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
www.cnn.com... /index.html?hpt=T2
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Saddam Hussein's cousin Ali Hassan al-Majeed -- also known as Chemical Ali -- has been executed, Iraq state TV reported Monday, citing a government spokesman.

Al-Majeed had been sentenced to death in four separate trials, including one that focused on his involvement in a poison gas attack against Iraqi Kurds that killed about 5,000 people.

His execution had been delayed for political rather than legal reasons. It is not clear what change, if any, led to the reported execution.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Good to hear, I hope they hung the bastard and it was a slow death. He was an absolute monster and it shouldn't have taken this long. S&F for you.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Shouldn't G W Bush be hung for same indictments?
Killing thousands if not million of Iraqis, women and children and other innocents?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Shame they didn't also indite those who gave them the components to make biological weapons in the first place.
www.commondreams.org...
Double standards anyone?

[edit on 25-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

So, by your logic, If I sold you a gun...........and later you used that gun to commit a crime, I'm just as guilty? Countries sell each other weapons all of the time, doesn't make it a crime.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by unicorn1

So, by your logic, If I sold you a gun...........and later you used that gun to commit a crime, I'm just as guilty? Countries sell each other weapons all of the time, doesn't make it a crime.

Sorry but that counts as crime, more if you wish a silent, hidden crime from the public.

And what you just said is also a crime

Yes your guilty because you sold the weapon
Your guilty if you sell WMDs or make some for them and try to cover up your own tracks, thats also a crime.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Not a good analogy.
You can't support a Dictator when it suits, giving them the means to create WMDs, then turn round and cry foul when you want them out of the way (for whatever purposes).
Or maybe you can

[edit on 25-1-2010 by unicorn1]

top topics

join