It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Uses Teleprompters When Giving Speech To 6th Graders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So, true. I would settle for a simple press conference. A lot has happened since July 22.
I am getting very tired of the very GLIB Gibbs' daily press briefings.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
As much as I hate to point this out, but deny ignorance correct? (shudders)

No teleprompter used while with students:
topics.treehugger.com...
Also some descriptions clear it up some.

Still think the teleprompters are a bit much. wouldn't some foot notes on cards been just as effective?

edit: spelling, need more coffee

[edit on 25-1-2010 by rightuos]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rightuos

Good pics! I just hope those kids weren't using scripted questions.

Maybe there is still a little hope for Obama after all. Doubtful.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rightuos

thanks for the pics showing what really happened.

nice to see a bit of honest reporting.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

Obama did not pull the Marines out of Iraq. The Commandant of the Marine Corps did.

The Marine Corps made it plain they were pulling out because the fight was over.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Obama did not pull the Marines out of Iraq. The Commandant of the Marine Corps did.

The Marine Corps made it plain they were pulling out because the fight was over.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
He has to use a teleprompter. If people didn't try and tear apart and twist every single thing the guy says, then he wouldn't need one.

Obviously, President Obama is fully capable to talking to children, don't be so pompous.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

and he proved it.

he did not use one while speaking to the children. just the reporters.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rightuos

Incorrect...the motto for the right wing is celebrate ignorance! Embrace it!...propigate it...and above all exploit ignorance!!!

Expect no stars for pointing out that despite the OP Headline, he used no teleprompters with the children or that the speech in the video is delivered to Reporters...

Expect no pats on the back for prioritizing the truth over lies and agenda....nope not from this crew or those that give them their rhetorical marching orders...

Lies are your friends...the truth is uncomfortable....and it's best to focus on BS rather than issues where the party is weak...like reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Today's lesson... Look deeper.

That goes for everyone!!

This little blurb was just published on Drudge and I usually like Drudge. No back story, just a picture of Barry in the classroom with his teleprompter.

However, the picture from Drudge does link to Yahoo. The Yahoo site displays additional pics of Obama casually chatting with the students. I just had to look a little further to find it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rightuos

No teleprompter used while with students:
topics.treehugger.com...
Also some descriptions clear it up some.

Still think the teleprompters are a bit much. wouldn't some foot notes on cards been just as effective?

edit: spelling, need more coffee

[edit on 25-1-2010 by rightuos]

i do believe you just killed this thread faster than a server outage. Nice job on finding the facts.

So, now that we've gotten past what was apparently the largest problem with Obama's presidency, maybe we can discuss something of value and meaning.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I vote for a legitimate multifaceted discussion from Obama regarding actual long term job creation. Of course these jobs would have to be in the private sector!!. Any fool with a blank check can create a plethora of overpaid FEDERAL government jobs.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Its a no-win situation for Obama, if he hadn't used the teleprompters he would have been skewered for an "off the cuff" speech.

Obama-haters will find anything they can to blast him.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I vote for a legitimate multifaceted discussion from Obama regarding actual long term job creation. Of course these jobs would have to be in the private sector!!. Any fool with a blank check can create a plethora of overpaid government jobs.

Overpaid government jobs? Someone hasn't worked for the government before...

Have you talked with most police officers, social workers, public defenders, etc about how much they make a year?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Keep track of all the people that voted for obama and think he can walk on water, So when he fails big time we can tell them I told you so. Every body hopped on the obama band wagon when he was running, every body said they loved him etc etc, just wait until he messes up and is recorded as the worst president ever, then people will start saying they didnt vote for him.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA

Originally posted by jibeho

I vote for a legitimate multifaceted discussion from Obama regarding actual long term job creation. Of course these jobs would have to be in the private sector!!. Any fool with a blank check can create a plethora of overpaid government jobs.

Overpaid government jobs? Someone hasn't worked for the government before...

Have you talked with most police officers, social workers, public defenders, etc about how much they make a year?

Oops! I meant to say Federal govt. jobs.

The number of federal workers earning six-figure salaries has exploded during the recession, according to a USA TODAY analysis of federal salary data.

Federal employees making salaries of $100,000 or more jumped from 14% to 19% of civil servants during the recession's first 18 months � and that's before overtime pay and bonuses are counted.

Federal workers are enjoying an extraordinary boom time � in pay and hiring � during a recession that has cost 7.3 million jobs in the private sector.

The highest-paid federal employees are doing best of all on salary increases. Defense Department civilian employees earning $150,000 or more increased from 1,868 in December 2007 to 10,100 in June 2009, the most recent figure available.

When the recession started, the Transportation Department had only one person earning a salary of $170,000 or more. Eighteen months later, 1,690 employees had salaries above $170,000...

The growth in six-figure salaries has pushed the average federal worker's pay to $71,206, compared with $40,331 in the private sector.

www.usatoday.com...

All of these new federal jobs look good on paper. HOwever, these jobs will only continue to eat and destroy wealth not create it. The government cannot create wealth. For the economy to grow, the government must shrink.

Sorry for the off topic rant.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
reply to post by jibeho

Its a no-win situation for Obama, if he hadn't used the teleprompters he would have been skewered for an "off the cuff" speech.

I doubt that very much. Most people realize that obama was talking to children and would expect his remarks to be appropriate for that audience.

Obama-haters will find anything they can to blast him.

According to current polling data, it's over half the population now ...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We're talking about the POYUS. I believe he should be held to higher standards than your average middle school kid useing cliff notes to deliver a speech.

And reading off a sheet of paper is alot Harder than these NEW promters.

Obama can read directly off these new prompters and it appears he is looking at the audience. While reading off paper you must be able to remeber a few lines so you can look away from the paper to make eye contact with the people in the audience.

I doubt Obama can do that.

But it isn't so bad some people just aren't good speech givers.

But the IRONY here is that Obama is hailed as the best speech giver to grace us since MLK, or JFK, when is is actually way below average without his magical prompter.

I'm with the girl in the commercial.

You didn't say I could have a REAL president.

Maybe next time around Americans will wake up, and not vote for the names constantly drilled at us from the MSM, and go with someone who can actually hold a converstion, or make an off the cuff speech. Someone like, hmmmm, lemme think..RON PAUL!

Obama hasn't followed through on a single promise, out of all those promises of the changes he would make if elected. He and the MSM really duped the American public.

How long will it take before we learn?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
That's the last sandwich I eat without opening the damn thing up and inspecting every piece and running lab tests, I dont expect perfection because I cant deliver it, but now that this is mustard in a ketchup bottle, it shakes my chain alittle there Johnny. WTH?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If Obama wants the economy to improve, he should reveal the name of his teleprompter manufacturer.
That's probably the only company that's hiring right now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join