It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Appophis002]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing that you are what you claim to be, purely because on your misspelling. The reason for this is that as an intellectual you would be able to spell common words "cought" and "writting". Granted, you maybe me someone who isn't fluent in english, but your sentences are complete. As for education, you'd have to be a pretty old person to master different forms of heiroglyphs.

But this launguage didn't look like any other language I had ever seen.One symbol was unknow to me, the Egyptian symbol for Space

If you had never seen this language before, than how would you have "known" the "unknown" symbol to be egyptian for space?

I'm sorry if I'm coming off like a jerk, but it seems to me like you're making things up. I understand that this is somewhat of a story, but evidence to support what you are claiming would be nice.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Nice to meet you I'm the Queen of England.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Maybe, he's not from 'round here. A persons writing skills ain't got nothin' t' do with their IQ's.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

TextI'm having a hard time believing that you are what you claim to be, purely because on your misspelling.

Hey no making fun on mispelling.

I believe that some of the mayan writtings and the new writtings been found in modern times are from earlier civilizations older than previously though. The experts are having a hard time deciphering this ancient language because does not looks like anything they have in their databases now.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
First of all, Appophist002 How old are you exactly? You claim to be a Anthropologist,archeologist, and a egyptologist! Thats alot of years in school!!!!! And Frankly i dont believe you!!!!!!!!! like bwhat iknownothing said you couldent understand the writing on the artifact but you understood the word space in egyptian!!!! your a fraud

d1k

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Honestly, you guys are jerks. English may not be his primary language.

Even if english is not his primay language its a hell of a lot better then the above posters preteen grammar.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by d1k]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

TextFirst of all, Appophist002 How old are you exactly

I am not defending him but to have and anthropology degree is not a big deal you can do it in 3 years if you are majoring in biology and while you are doing your bachellors degree, you can do that by the time you are 21
now field work takes a little bit longer.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Preteen Grammer "Eh"""""""""""""' "Donchano" Canadians are &$&*&^*)&%&%$^$#%#^^%$*^(*&)(*)*&*)

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Appophis, you came to us with an extraordinary claim but without extraordinary evidence. You haven't even given us verification that your project in Egypt exists, nor have you named the organization you are working for. You may or may not be what you say you are, and you may or may not have experienced what you claim. You may or MAY NOT want to know what I think about it personally. Here's what you should know though...
In theory at least, ATS members don't hide behind dogma. You can have more degrees than a thermometer, but if that's only because you're a master of dogma, they aren't much good here. What we DO hide behind is flawed arguements and hyperlinks to questionable sources. Anyone can play this game... jump in and be yourself.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
need to agree with IknowNothing, if the symbol for space was unknown, how could he know it was a symbol for space?

and what was the point of the post? and where are the pics..? i dont know any archeologists that do not have at least several digital cameras on them, with backups when they are out in the field. I dont have any degrees, but i have spent years in the Yucatan and Guatamala, Belize and Costa Rica learning all i can about ancient cultures, but this post has too many flaws in it. Nice entertainment though.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Did it look anything like the stone markers found in King Scorpion's tomb?

The Real Scorpion King

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have to say I find these claims rather unlikely. They are vague, unsubstantiated and seem to fit with all the clich�s of a conspiracy theorists fantasy. Especially the not so subtle insinuation of some sort of conspiracy on the part of the Egyptian government. Better luck next time.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I'm having a hard time believing that you are what you claim to be, purely because on your misspelling

Maybe it's because he/she is not British or American, or speaks English. But this person has no evidnece, yet not everything can be proven... anyway!! Can you show us a picture of it?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I agree that we need photographs if we are to be able to work out what it is. I can normally recognise (even if I can't translate) certain symbols so I would hopefully have an idea as to what they are. One thing I noticed is that you spelt the name Apophis incorrectly. Was that artistic licence or was it too much SG-1 ?

Sorry - I'm not being flippant, I just wondered about the name.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I should have made what I ment by "unknown hieroglyphs". I didn't mean that they were completely illegible but they were in an order that did not make sense. For example: The symbol for walking next to the symbol for the sun. Also if you must know my age; I�m 45. And to top it off I did not misspell my name, for you people who do watch "Stargate" you are accustomed to it being spelled "Apophis" but there were many different names for that particular Deity like Apep, Apopis, Apophis,and Appophis.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It is not my job (In this perticular site) to document the artifacts found, I am there to see the srtifacts and make a preliminary analasis.

P.S. I wasent attempting to make it seem like a government conspiresy when I talked about the Egyptian Government.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
by the way, I have bboard devoted to egypt, to those with desent morals and a love for ancient egypt please join: egyptianculture.proboards28.com

top topics

join