It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My roommate went to an abandoned insane asylum town in NJ. LOOK AT THIS PHOTO!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I saw that as soon as I saw the picture, first thing that popped into my head though, was who it reminded me of, not trying to make light of your photo at all OP, just sharing what I saw and what it reminded me of.

I don't think it is a piece of ply board, you need another picture of that window to show for sure though.

How far is it from the person who took the picture? and would you consider a nightime visit? I would love to have a wander around inside, I love old buildings with stories to share.

[edit on 25/1/2010 by azzllin]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
tell her to go back there and take another picture, of the same window from the same distance, using a different camera, if the outline is still there perfectly its plywood if its not its something more sinister

and holy crap i didnt realize it but you posted this post at 11:11 pm

[edit on 1/25/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

now that is just plain spooky.

I just found an old episode the other night. the one where Alice Cooper was on. Brought back some old memories. I loved that show.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Wow, that is creepy. I can clearly see the kids.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63101791ae57.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

OMG! that totally freaked me out, for a second. Too funny.
Almost choked on my coffee.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Oh sweet baby jesus... nearly fell off my bed in shock then!

Thankyou for scaring the crap out of me

*Edit - for gods sake.. got me again as I was scrolling down!

[edit on 25/1/10 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I totally see two kids, but I could just me seeing what I want to. It's also hard to tell if the window is boarded up or not. At first I thought so, but now no so sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

dude that was awesome as i was scrolling dow the page and it did that my heart skipped a beat i was like no way did i jus see that lol but if you look at that pic after you zoomed in like you did when the ghosts u put there dont show up it looks like a blonde haird boy looking over at the kid to his right whose looking out the window everyone should go back and really look! see the blonde haired boy?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i think debunkers better re look at this its not plywood!!! i think this picture needs to go on ghost files or something!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

It's a piece of plywood. Compare it to the other pieces of plywood. Even stare at the other pieces and you will see more faces. Looks like kids, but is plywood.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

i didnt see anything like that in the other peices of plywood plus if you look the background behind the "ghost kids" looks like that brown that used to be in old black and white pictures not wood or weathered wood brown not saying its ghosts but it deserves attention outside this community!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

If you look at the window, it looks like vandals have been throwing rocks at it. Thus some of the outer grey wood has flaked off showing newer lighter colored wood.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I love this thread.

I can only see the children, right from the beginning. I had a hard time seeing how it is the wood but thought, "well - if others just see wood then it must just be wood!"

And like I said before, why isn't it a giraffe or a bowl of fruit?? Spirits are known to manipulate things...such as images in wood. I had a piece of wood in my old house with the image of Jim Morrison in it!
My dad threw it away as garbage before I could show him, or else I would post a picture for you guys.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
like i said before, haver her go back and take another picture, and see what the results are

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
There is plywood filling that window

I can't see anything else

Me too. No idea why anyone thinks it look like a kids head.

That would be some large deformed head if it were real.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetalCoffeeL
And like I said before, why isn't it a giraffe or a bowl of fruit?? Spirits are known to manipulate things...such as images in wood

Good point... plus with it being a mental asylum you'd assume they'd be rather creative.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
About five years ago we took a picture at closed mental institution in Travis City, MI.

When we developed the pictures, we also saw images of men in the doorway and window.

I always wanted to post it and have some honest analysis.

I'll try to find the picture and post it - hopefully the comments won't be as cruel.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Honestly I don't know what to make out of that picture.
It looks like two heads and a torso but can also be an reflection.
The only way to confirm it, is to basically recreate the photo.
Another picture from same angle, with same lightning, same camera, same settings etc. and see if it's still there.
After that, try with different camera and settings if possible. Good catch tho.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Michelin]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I don't think she's going back there anytime soon. It's a shame she doesn't have the same shot again, she took so many pictures! My boyfriend is definitely intrigued by this photo and wants to visit this place....at night of course, which I am not accompanying him. The place is a no-trespass zone and my roommate said that no one bothered them during the day, but I'm sure at night one could get in trouble.

Is there anyone here that lives in NJ? This place is in the Princeton area, I believe. It be great if someone else could go and take pics!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join