It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O New Year 2010. One of the best Triangles fleet over Stirling City-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
heres another video, they seem to be popping up all over the place nowadays, Why they flying in triangle formation i wonder, trying to tell us sumit??

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
They fly in a triangle formation wehn there is three of them!

Or sometimes they are one large UFO with three lights.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
yes you didnt answer my question though WHY why not fly in a line

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Here's a little experiment:
Get a piece of paper and a pen.
Place three dots in random places on the paper.
What shape do you see?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

good point i suppose , but flying in formations of 3 seems super common recentley

maybe their worried about being shot down.

[edit on 24/1/2010 by theflashor]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

They don't fly in a line because they are Chinese sky lanterns. They all start in the same spot - where they emerge from the tree line just above where they were set off. They all move in the same direction - the direction that the wind is blowing, and up because they are floating. They all move at similar speeds because the wind is blowing at a fairly constant speed. They are all the same brightness and color and size, because they are all the same kind of Chinese lantern. They all disappear at around the same point because they have the same type of candle in them, and that's how far they get before it burns out. It's new years, people set that kind of thing off in celebration.

They may be unidentified to the person who filmed them, but there is certainly no reason to think they are E.T., Chinese sky lanterns are a much better explanation. So no, "they" are not trying to tell us anything. . . other than that they are celebrating new years.

Photo:
stargazerslounge.com...

Wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Here is something funny.

The patterns of the lights indicate , to me, that we may be viewing a military flight -patrol.

Each time a new light appears it appears in the same area, low on horizon as if coming out from an airport.

The lights were loitering around waiting for the others to catch up and join formation. This seems military-like to me, and NOT civilian. Obvious reasons.

However, the funny thing is, I cannot seem to find a Air Force base nearby Stirling City.

Well granted we are talking about Stirling in Scotland?
citybreaks.visitscotland.com...

If theres no Air Force Base nearby, I cannot seem to explain the event.
If anyone else can, I am all ears.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

I do not really like the lantern explanation, but maybe you are right.

I just like the jets/helicopters theory better. But again maybe your right, because I can't find a military airbase close enough to match up.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I can't say I really like the latern explanation in general, because it seems to get thrown around so much. However, in this case it seems to explain the observations very well. I'm all ears for any alternatives, but there is definitely nothing here to suggest an E.T. explanation.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Try watching the video again with one eye closed. This eliminates the optical illusion effect. With both eyes open I can see 3 triangles - but when I shut one eye they just become 3 separate balls of light.

So chinese lanterns gets my vote.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
At New Years you'd expect some Chinese Lanterns, even if only from kids mucking about.

So Chinese Lanters gets my vote based on the flickering of a candle inside causing the flashing look on video.

I'd prefer to see something real on video though.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
My first thought was helicopters so I wish there was some audio with the video as one should've been able to hear at least some heli noise.

As far as lanterns are concerned, I would say no because the first two lights stopped and the third sort of whizzed under them, forming the triangle. Lanterns would tend to follow the same flight-path.

Being that it was New Years and having them disappear like that does seem to say lantern though.

Inconclusive but interesting. At least the camera person had a fairly steady hand unlike some of the spaztic vids we see.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Not UFO's, these are Chinese lanterns, notice how they (elevate) fly up into the sky slowly, especially notice the sequence cut out until 12th minute where you get to see 2 more objects. And than at the 14th minute notice the new object start at the same location as others and it slowly drifts (elevates) to the left into air until it disappears completely.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Of course I cannot say with certainty what these lights are, I believe no one can (including those who do), but...

It's New Years Eve, a time likely someone would send Chinese Lanterns into the sky.

They all rise slowly in a 30º angle, nothing in their movements indicate intelligent control of any kind.

Therefore the video proves nothing, since the Chinese Lantern theory cannot be excluded.

Next time, try to film them as they beam up a cow for reproductive experiments.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
As already said, very very very obvious lanterns, they all come from the same spot, they fly randomly, when focused on the flicker and have the normal lantern shape.

Please don't be so desperate that you make these into UFO's..

They are identified

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Thanks for posting your video & report, theflashor.

Movement:

The movement does not indicate any level of intelligent control.
The movement appears compatible with chinese lanterns rising & drifting in the wind.

Shape:

The shape appears compatible with that of a chinese lantern, as video'd in this manner.

Colour:

The colour appears compatible with that of a chinese lantern, as video'd in this manner.

Conclusion:

The objects are chinese lanterns.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Didn't we already discuss this here

new topics

top topics

join