It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal Freezes Wikileaks Account

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
seams pretty simple to me, tell paypal to shove whatever profit they hoped to make from your transactions, where the sun doth not shine. and use a better method like cheques or something. never trusted ANY online money...companies, never will now.

and if that fails just release everything you have in a massive archive and have new info automatically sent to a mailing list of people worldwide, making government secrecy impossible and government transparency a reality.

I do believe thats what obama meant by transparency, like, we will tell you what we're doing and why, so you can stop rioting to know any detail.

of course we all know by now the nwo whoever they are cause they certainly arn't of origin of one place, are out to kill us by use of food additives and only the bnp can save us. well, here anyway, america looks pretty screwed from my seat over hyar.

and no i'm not racist, I shouldn't have to state that whenever I bring up the bnp, and if you plan on voting labour/dem/con this march prepare to see at least one maniacal pyromaniac running through the streets of london that day cause I had enough 2/3 years ago and I will NOT stand for this BS any longer.

*and breath* but yea, what paypal are doing is effectively the same thing ATS did to me when I posted my opinion of where the war in iraq was going, which I will not repeat, I got the fact that some of these nwo work here to, hope your masterplan is worth it when your breathing our irradiated dust remains.

don't try to tell me they ain't on here, you'd have to be CRAZY to believe they wouldn't be.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The greatest enemy of any despot is truth. True democracy can only exist when those in power do not have the means to stifle the voices of others or hide their misdeeds and corruption away from sight. Wikileaks is treading on powerful toes because it provides access to facts that those in power wish would go away.

Donate. Donate. Donate. And do it directly where you can.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
They should go with Moneybookers. Paypal angers me. I was scammed on ebay by a guy that said he did not get my item. I had signature confirmation. I emailed other people he bought from, all expensive items, and he had it all reversed on his credit card. I lost $340 dollars and my item . Their seller protection is a joke. He tried to say it was left on the door and someone took it.
It also had insurance, I had an online signature. I still lost the case.

I had a similar thing happen to me.
It put me off using paypal and ebay in fact.

If you sign up with paypal for increased buyers you risk one of them being a scammer. You choose not to do business with paypal via ebay; you get jack-all customers

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
PayPal is a slimy no good for nothing miserable bunch of thieving bastards. They should be boycotted by everyone and shut down.

Everyone I know has had problems with those idiots. I have needed to pay invoices on paypal..and they mysteriously decline to allow me to use my credit card for payment...when my credit card has no problems whatsoever.

If the credit card denied payment..that is one thing but Paydummies just decides they don't like the charge and refuses to process the payment.

BOYCOTT PAYPAL!!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I got a response back from them.

Hi xxxx,

Paypal has lifted the freeze as of this afternoon. The funds seem to be accessible again. I assume they got quite some people complaining, so thanks for caring for us!

Best regards

WikiLeaks

So it appears it was an account freeze and not a bookkeeping error. Good to see these guys have access to their money again. Hopefully, they use this as a catalyst to remove Paypal as their online donation vehicle.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

You should not be using Paypal. They do not secure their servers very tightly. I can tell you this from personal experience and that is all I can say. Also letting someone else, let alone a corporation, hold your money for you when you do the kind of work Wikileaks does is pretty silly. I would advise Wikileaks to view this as a learning experience and more on, if they ask.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"PayPal's spokeswoman said it had lifted the suspension on Saturday, suggesting it had been triggered by anti-money laundering systems."

www.theregister.co.uk...

I have never had a problem with PP but I will take a closer look for an alternative. I wish people would look to other services like vimeo instead of youtube, scroogle instead of google. I could use a really good alternative to g-mail. I do not like having too much information tied into all of these "services".

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Corrupt business practices of PayPal are common knowledge, I won't use this post to promote or demote anyone, but too many people claim to be damaged by that company. They will tell you all kinds of nonsense excuses to get your money, usually security-related, like "Bin Laden stole your money somewhere between our server and your PC".

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I love wikileaks, I didn't know it existed until a few years ago about the money hiding happening over in Switzerland was leaked. They for awhile blocked the American side of the wikileaks, they even was using American judges to try to stop wikileaks that isn't even in the country. Why use the american legal system, they know that they can be bought and paid for by the elite easily. The elite are afraid of this website because they know that sooner or later some disgruntled minion of theirs will either post or allow posted critical information about them and other things they want hidden and kept secret.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Paypal froze my account that had around 3 grand in it simply because I couldn't provide shipping information. I was doing services online to obtain the money.

Paypal Verified? Paypal Terrified.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ok, here's some short term good news for those who value wikileaks content:

I found, through our friends at cryptome a wikileaks mirror site: mirror.wikileaks.info...

Spread the word cautiously because ...

I am not sure however if announcing it too publicly would result in the shutdown of the full mirror, too. Would mirroring the mirror before announcing the link be an option?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The bigger and more popular PayPal becomes, the less reliable and respectable it becomes. It's the same with big business everywhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by GAOTU789

I got a response back from them.

Hi xxxx,

Paypal has lifted the freeze as of this afternoon. The funds seem to be accessible again. I assume they got quite some people complaining, so thanks for caring for us!

Best regards

WikiLeaks

So it appears it was an account freeze and not a bookkeeping error. Good to see these guys have access to their money again. Hopefully, they use this as a catalyst to remove Paypal as their online donation vehicle.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by GAOTU789]

Thank you for finding this information out and posting it. I am going to update the OP using your information, if you don't mind that is. I will make sure to give you credit no doubt, for taking the time out and doing the much needed investigation into this whole ordeal. I really hope people learn from this - we truly cannot trust anyone other than those who we know to be true to us (and there aren't many people left, however wikileaks doesn't steal our money, they use it to keep the non-profit organization together).

I'll update the OP now. And thank you to all for helping keep this thread alive, more people flagged the thread than posted which shows people really do care about this situation even if they don't know what to say. And I also want to add, as I have in the OP and such, that anyone with even a couple dollars should try and send some money to wikileaks (don't use paypal!!!). If not please share the article in the OP to everyone so everyone can see how far tptb will go just to shut down a website, however it is a website that can make a lot of things crumble easily so it's understandable, but we have the right to know the truth about the world as a whole.

Good luck wikileaks, stay on your feet and keep fighting the good fight! ATS backs you up, as do many others!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well, count my rage in!
As some of you know, I am good at rantings and this is one of the most upsetting things I've seen for a long, long time!
The ugly face of injustice has shown itself once again, and this time it strikes at the very heart of our freedom!

I don't know what it takes to qualify as a "freedom fighter", but I can surely say that the people behind Wikileaks are some of the finest to come out in that category, ever!

This is not only an attack on Wikileaks, this is an attack on freedom itself! This cannot pass! If there was a face of this evil, I'd spit on it, smack it silly, head-butt it and then spit on it once more!

Oooh, this sets me off sooo freakin bad! I've had it with this crap!
I am once again on the war path now. I take this personally. My liberties and rights as a human being has been trampeled on, has been trapeled on all of us! With dirty, blood soaked boots... THIS WILL NOT STAND!!!
HEIC NOENUM PAX!!!

What should we do about this? Can we write somewhere? Can we protest? Where do we turn and what actions should we take?
I feel the urge to do something constructive with my frustration and anger over this.

(Please observe that I am being 100% sincere)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Our best bet is to email the operators of wikileaks and see what help they may require. I think for the time being they really could just use donations, although I'm sure if you have any information that may be valuable to the world they would kindly accept that as well.

When it comes to protesting against this sort of stuff though there really isn't much you can do other than to raise awareness (which is the reason I made this thread). For everyone person who shares the OP/article with someone, for every person who flags this thread, posts in this thread you are all making it much easier to be found since it's the first thread on the 3 day list on the main page (and I really want to keep it up!). I'm not asking for stars and flags people, I could care less about my count that's not why I'm here - I'm here to help spread important news and offer advice in areas I can.

However if you don't wish to star/flag this thread or anything other, just contributing to it will keep it alive, and when I say that I mean just making a couple posts each will make it a large enough thread to stay on the main page and/or at the top of the section the thread has been posted in. Any way you choose, I think we all appreciate your help - especially wikileaks.

I'm going to see what I can do about contacting them myself and explaining that I have pretty much a whole website willing to help and see what pointers they think would be good to share so we can help keep wikileaks alive like it deserves. It is probably one of the most helpful non-profit organizations, because it can save lives just as easy as the red cross if the right information is shared. So I will let you all know what response I get personally after I share what info I have with wikileaks.

If anyone else has any good ideas, please share. If you have no ideas, please just share your opinions so we can make the thread grow.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Maybe there is a concerted effort to squeeze wikileaks:

cryptogon.com...

Wikileaks is down for fund raising. I sent them $20 using my U.S. credit card.

The next day, Bank of America’s Magic 8 Ball deactivated my account and sent this to me:

Irregular Credit Card Activity
Account: Bank of America ending in XXXX
Date: 01/25/2010

We detected irregular activity on your Bank of America Credit Card on 01/25/2010. For your protection, you must verify this activity before you can continue using your card.

It will be interesting to see if any others who try to donate via an alternate route besides PayPal also have trouble. Or if their accounts are flagged.

Kinda scary.

[edit on 26/1/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Nice thread, I'm glad you brought this up.

I have been working in sales and customer service at my fathers company since 2004. Est. in 1975. I am constantly on the phone with customers trying to explain the Pay-Pal system to them. We are always getting duplicate orders, and customers ultimately wind up pissed off and cancel their order/orders with us. Customers almost always end up saying " You know what? Screw it! I'll just pay by credit card."

We've lost a great deal of business over this botched Pay-Pal system. The fact of the matter is, we as a society have entirely too many way's to pay for something. This is one of the instances where the "convenience system" has turned on us, much like e-mails.( I absolutely despise e-mail.) There should be only one way to pay for something.

Yes, I'm speaking from experience, Pay-Pal sucks.

P.S
Hey, Obama administration. Do you really want to help the economy? A good start would be to abolish this monstrosity of a system that we call Pay-Pal. Because believe me, Pay-Pal is nobody's pal.

~ Zeus

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Damn, that would suck that everyone who donates to wikileaks gets flagged and/or their account terminated (imagine if they seized your life savings!).

Maybe wikileaks needs to have other names to send the money too so stuff like this doesn't occur, but then again they would have to switch it up like every couple days or every week because if they get as many donations as I believe they do, then they probably would have tptb catching on fairly quick (if not right away).

That sucks though. Have you called about your card and figured out what they had to say about the situation? Let us know if you find out what they have to say as the reason... If you dare, bring up wikileaks and say something like "I can't support something I believe in without having my card being shut off?" Please tape the response if you do

And I have emailed wikileaks myself and asked what things I can bring up to you all as key points to help keep wikileaks running (other than donations). Hope to hear back from them soon, and I will add their reply to this thread once I get the response.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Were theres money being made threw paypal there will be a frozen account, allways,IMO.
On the other hand...whats Wikileaks? when I went to the link theres nothing but crying? No news stories...am I missing something?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by colt122

Exactly right.

In fact, I have come up with a new definition for Pay-Pal.

Paypal: Just another hand in the cookie jar.

Yep, that about sums it up doesn't it?

~ Zeus

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join