It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal Freezes Wikileaks Account

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
if my memory serves me correctly is the owner of paypal still the owner of facebook and still attending bildeburg meetings

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I agree with the previous poster who said that we should boycott PayPal and send them an email telling them why.

I had no idea this was happening, as I haven't been on Wikileaks for ages.

This angers me no end!!

S&F

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Perhaps eBay and Paypal aren't regulated, but I can guarantee you that someday the government is going to come looking at their records. People who've been selling without a license, not paying income tax on their eBay generated income, not collecting sales tax from buyers within their own state, not having a seller's permit, etc. are going to get in a lot of hot water. A judge will eventually require Paypal to hand over its records. As for everyone else using Paypal, if the government discovers that you have more money than they knew you had, what do you think they're going to do about it? Any money you collected "under the table" will be exposed. They're going to tax every dime they can prove you have or ever had. That's what they do.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by ivorywire]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As stated in my previous post, PayPal is owned by E bay...

Ebay buys Paypal

After PayPal went public E bay decided to buy it and ditch its own online pay service. Apparently they still have not rid PayPal of the riff raft they have in the PayPal Nebraska office.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
Paypal is owned & operated by EBay. This issue has been on going for many years and there have been several lawsuits by customers who have their PP accounts frozen for literally no reason. Paypal was once a good internet based company but shortly after it's creation it went downhill by treating their account holders like crap. Paypal is NOT regulated or required to adhere to FDIC rules.

I agree ... there have been many past cases where accounts were just frozen. From what I can gather (reading the forums on Ebay) it can take months to unfreeze the account (if ever). It can also take months to recover your money if they decide to close your Paypal account.

Wikileaks should definitely be looking elsewhere for funds, as they won't be seeing their Paypal funds any time soon.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

I read on those website where PayPal froze accounts that customers more than likely would file a law suit against them because of the dollar amount involved plus the hassle. It appears to be a planned fraud on PayPal's behalf by reading the actual lawsuits on the ones that did go to court.And whats interesting, the ones that did make it court, PayPal either settled or flat our lost.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
As stated in my previous post, PayPal is owned by E bay...

Ebay buys Paypal

After PayPal went public E bay decided to buy it and ditch its own online pay service. Apparently they still have not rid PayPal of the riff raft they have in the PayPal Nebraska office.

Paypal is not much different today than it was a decade ago, although it's slightly more integrated with eBay auctions. If a buyer gets ripped off, they still go through the Paypal system. It's still seperate from the eBay system.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If they freeze your funds, report them to the Better Business Bureau.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
PayPal is #, why anyone would use it is beyond me. They should move on to a better system for donations.

www.paypalsucks.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I got taken for over $3,200 on eBay paying with paypal, and found 4 others who had also been taken by the same seller, totalling nearly $20,000.00. PayPal did nothing. I haven't used the since.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Paypal sucks! I closed my account when they put their fees up. Heres a list of ebay and its shareholders I bet it wouldn't take a genius to dig some dirt on these people /corporations.

MAJOR DIRECT HOLDERS (FORMS 3 & 4)
Holder Shares Reported
OMIDYAR PIERRE M 155,299,408 23-Dec-09
WHITMAN MARGARET C 3,978,474 18-Nov-08
JACOBSON MICHAEL R 379,693 3-Dec-09
COOK SCOTT D 163,006 9-Nov-09
SWAN ROBERT HOLMES 123,689 8-Aug-09

heres the link Ebays Major holders and Institutionable holders

Google,Ebay,Paypal, Face Book, My space, Twitter, You tube they are all part of the the same crowd.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
They really should have known better than to put all their eggs in one basket with paypal. they are putting their whole operation in the hands of the the kind of corps they want to out. they are both really smart guys but this one was a slip up. she should offer payment with all sorts of merchant accounts, i use ePassporte, as you get a cash card a Visa Virtual or Visa Electron Card, which you can use at any ATM, to pull cash out your ewallet from cash generated from any online business. there used to be a bank in lativa who offered something simular but they changed and had to keep minimum balances (thousands)

buy using pay pay they are contributing to the very world problems they are attempting to out.

I dont know why these guys didnt set the wikileaks site ownership up via a string of ofshore companies with nominee directors etc , it would make it much harder for legal systems to put the finger on "someone" behind it. I suppose the biggest problem is getting a server hosting account totally anonymous for the purposes of free speech. I dunno the anwer really, if the authority want to shut down/block comesfrom high-up-enough they they just use brute force or "anti-terrorism" laws or something. Wikileaks need a big network of mirror locations and buttons on the articles to "leak to blog" and "leak to torrent" (theres an idea)

well the wikileaks projects is a raging success inso far as prooving how much info is gagged and is a major concern to the elites powers.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thats a shame, if all ATS members decided to donate 3-5$ each it would make a huge difference. How much that in the US today, a cup of coffee from the Starbucks ?

Edit: They should have set up an offshore account and a company just like the Piratebay did back in time, Seychelles i think it was.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by rhines]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
wow.

their assets are freed. It was a bookkeeping error, not some dark elitist shadow government shutting down some internet whistle blowers.

see: www....__._/

If ATS members want this site to have any credibility whatsoever, then it really has to stop having threads that are more or less negative press gangbangs for short term blips.

seriously, give some thought to what you choose to say here.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
here is a screencapture of wikileaks back in April 2008. cant find any later ones

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Paypal will suspend any account at the drop of a hat. They don't care. The people who work for Paypal are, on the whole, morons brought up through the company.

One day someone is a sandwich artiste at Subway, the next they're V.P. of Operations (true story, different company) with Paypal.

It happens.

Having dealt with Paypal since their founding, and one of the 3 people in the U.S.A. who opted NOT to receive compensation during the 2001/2002 nationwide law suite Paypal lost, I can assure you they're slow witted people. It's probably nothing more sinister than simple chemical imbalance, and I'm positive the tin-foil hat wearers in these parts can understand that.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
this brings up a very good point, though.
how do we keep comunication up between the "community" as this slowly bleeds down. When you look at the attitude that tptb have on controlling the internet, it won't be long before we all start seeing it. Many companies already block sites (I assume based upon the url thing) Did you know NBC universal (GE, Comcast) owns you tube? That could very easily be the next to go. world wide censorship is coming for "national security" reasons

dr

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

I don't see any mention of the bookkeeping error you mention. The page you link to goes to the same page as the Op's link.

I may have overlooked it and in hopes a clarification, I emailed Wikileaks asking them if this story is true.

If they respond, I'll post it here.

I do see that the Paypal feature is active on the Wkileaks page so you may be right.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Paypal is already reporting to the IRS. That started this year it 2010.
I think if you have more than 12k in transactions, I can not remember the number.

I do not think they own facebook, but they do own craig's list.

I think they are also related to one of those banks that have the high interest credit cards that charge people up the butt a yearly fee and high interest rates because if you get a paypal credit card, it is from the same bank, Providian.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
did any of the people screaming :

" its a TPTB conspiracy "

actuall read the source article ???

if they claim too have - why did they ignore the most significant [ IMHO ] line that states that

WikiLeaks is not the only non-profit organization with this problem. This is a regular occurrence

never attribulte to malice anything that can be explained by incompetance

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join