It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Planet Earth really Hollowed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
How much would you weigh at the center of the Earth.

If you say zero, would that be correct, and would Earths centen be hollow, I don't think core as in apple core hollow.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hollow earth is a great story, and I am sure everyone who believes really really wants it to be true...Most likely because they want those dwarfs from Untiswherever Mountain to be real...and dragons, those need to be real too!

Here's a little Geology 101:

If the earth were hollow, there wouldn't be enough mass to generate gravity.

If heavier elements were contained on the outside of the planet...wait...if *magically* all the heavier elements were to appear on the outer shell of our planet (Lithosphere, Asthenosphere) the earth would deform into a disc and eventually rupture, especially without the affore mentioned gravity. In reality, a planet could not form with it's iron on the outside...as a glowing ball of magma, the heavier irons settle out to the central point of gravity, i.e. the core.

We know that the continental crustal materials are less dense than oceanic crust, which allows them to float over the oceanic crust at convergent faults. Those oceanic crusts don't 'raise up' the continents, they arc down into the mantle, where they are eventually melted back into magma. Since there has to be a substantial layer of magma under the Lithosphere in order to recycle oceanic crust, I don't quite understand how someone could travel a tunnel system all the way down to the inner earth...

Through understanding of P and S waves caused by earthquakes and nuclear explosions, we can see how the waves bend as they encounter different matter and densities in the earth. For example, S waves cannot travel through liquids, leaving a 'cone of silence' on the opposite side of the globe. BUT the P waves concurrently generated can travel through liquids, and are recorded for the same event.
en.wikipedia.org...:Earthquake_wave_shadow_zone.svg
(Note we can also observe how the P waves refract through the different mediums as well.)

Earth has a magnetic field, which is speculated to be generated by the ordered flow of the outer core liquid iron, essentially creating an electron magnetic effect. (And no, science does not have an explanation for the genesis of the effect.) With a hollow earth, what's causing the magnetic field?

This is one area where I would have to see it with my own eyes in order to believe it, and then I am not even sure I would!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join