It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Raj Patel in fact Maitreya the long awaited World Teacher ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
At first I was sceptical about Raj, but when I was unable to find any other person who has been interviewed on Major US television recently, and whom fitted the description Share Internationals Benjamin Creme has given about what Maitreya would be like when he started his open mission, I began to investigate this Raj Patel character a little more closely.

When viewing this video please keep in mind that Benjamin Creme has stated that leading up to the day of decleration, Maitreya would not reveal that he was indeed Maitreya, and would appear to be just a normal man like any of us, but we would know there was something different and special about him, when we heard his message.

I'm not saying Raj Patel is Maitreya for sure, but I am saying that at this point he is the leading candidate, until someone can provide evidence of a more suitable person who matches the criteria given to us by Mr.Creme.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Israel Versus Iran]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Malformed Link. I wouldn't trust ANYTHING put out by SHARE international.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandomUser
Malformed Link. I wouldn't trust ANYTHING put out by SHARE international.

what do you mean by malformed link my friend?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
When I first tried it - it said MALFORMED LINK in red on the you tube page. It has since corrected itself.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Interesting, I see the video and I look at the world and I see nothing changing.

I see the man that dreams the world to be different, but it wont change anytime soon.

I am starting to think peace through power...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Nice find, i also belive he is him.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ole Benny Creme and his "want to be" Anti-Christ still trying to "hijack" the Maitreya title from the Buddhist.. One problem with that is the Buddhist's Maitreya's arrival isn't anytime soon.

worldvisitguide.com...

The arrival of Maitreya
Maitreya's coming will occur after the teachings of the current Buddha Gautama, the Dharma, are no longer taught and are completely forgotten. Maitreya is predicted to attain Bodhi in seven days (which is the minimum period), by virtue of his many lives of preparation for Buddha-hood (similar to those reported in the Jataka stories of Shakyamuni Buddha).

Maitreya's coming is characterized by a number of physical events. The oceans are predicted to decrease in size, allowing Maitreya to traverse them freely.

Hopefully old Obi-Wan Creme is just a nutbag but it appears they are playing this One World Religion all the way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I find it very interesting that the Qaran says the 12th imam mahdi (antichrist) would have a stutter. Raj Patel, most definitely speaks with a stutter.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't believe he is the Maitreya. I'd imagine if this entity exists he'd have alot more physical appeal than this guy. He can't even talk for a span of 15 seconds w/ out stuttering 15 times. This is an average joe that I don't believe could convince the masses of anything. Definitely not the Maitreya imo.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Interesting, I see the video and I look at the world and I see nothing changing.

I see the man that dreams the world to be different, but it wont change anytime soon.

I am starting to think peace through power...

Haha! agreed.

Exactly the problem with liberals, pacificists and hippies around the world for a few decades... They so hardly beleive in the "Ghandi" paradigm they can't simply notice how nothing gets for the better through "spiritual warfare", or peaceful activism.

In an unequal relation, peace can only be achieved through war. Either the dominant force crushing an uprising, or an insurgence achieving to overthrow an oppressive regime. All the approaches based on raising awareness and pressuring the upper elite through legal means are secondary, and often useless if they exclude conflict-based perspectives.

No creation happens without destruction. It is a very old principle that even a Buddhist or Hinduist should recognize.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Israel Versus Iran
I find it very interesting that the Qaran says the 12th imam mahdi (antichrist) would have a stutter. Raj Patel, most definitely speaks with a stutter.

Ahh. I guess I should have read your post before making mine. You wouldn't happen to be able to provide some type of proof would you?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by Israel Versus Iran

Ahh. I guess I should have read your post before making mine. You wouldn't happen to be able to provide some type of proof would you?

Sorry I shouldn't have said that Qaran says that, becasue I only read somewhere that it does, but I haven't actually read it in the Qaran for my self. But here is a link to a site that claims that he will speak with a stutter, and also if you google imam mahdi and stutter, it comes up with alot of results... anyway here's the link:

www.islam.tc...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

You wouldn't happen to be able to provide some type of proof would you?

It appears to be a Sunni tradition. Origin is various hadiths, which seem to be a written traditions in the form of "I heard so-and-so say that he heard the prophet say this." According to wikipedia, the Mahdi are not mentioned in the Qu'ran.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi

Content from external source
Mahdi is not explicitly mentioned in the Qu'ran nor in the first authentic hadith book such as Sahih al-Bukhari. But it is mentioned in other of the six authentic books of hadīth.

speaks with a stutter

Mentioned here:
www.knowledgerush.com/kr/encyclopedia/Mahdi/

Content from external source
The Mahdi is a man that is believed by the Muslims to come at the end of the times.
The exact nature of the Mahdi differs between Shia Muslims and Sunni Muslims.

According to other reported sayings of the Prophet Muhammad some of the features of al-Mahdi are:

He will speak with a slight stutter

Finally, here is a video of his interview. He does appear to stutter.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

This is interesting. Whether or not he is the in fact the "Maitreya" or not, Share International's agenda is being fulfilled, as people are talking more and more of this "Maitreya" guy and are actively searching for this interview..

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hmmm, an interesting message he gives, but then blows it all by trying to flog his latest book! "The Value of Nothing" - should be a FREE download if he was serious lol.

Anyway, as for Maitreya - didn't Creme once say Maitreya was living in a Middle Eastern community in London? This guy is of Indian ancestry isn't he? Therefore, by Creme's own admission it could not be Maitreya.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

Whether or not he is the in fact the "Maitreya" or not, Share International's agenda is being fulfilled

No doubt.

Personally, beyond some casual observations of his facial language and words, I don't get any strong feelings about him. But if I understand the concept of Maitreya correctly, the Maitreya is simply supposed to be someone who shows up and becomes enlightened. So even if this Patel person is, it doesn't necessarily mean that he even knows. He may simply have not acheiveed enlightenment yet.

*shrug*

Antichrist, enlightened teacher, or nobody in particular. I see no reason to go out of my way to react to any of this yet. Let it develop. See where it goes. If anyone is going to become a bodhisattva, I think I'll wait to hear what they say afterwards rather than before.

actively searching for this interview

It is here.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Ok...so after some searching, it appears that this entire notion that Raj patel is "the Maitreya" is solely internet speculation based on a statement by Benjamin Creme of Share International, which has been making failed predictions for a long time, with the first one apparently being that in on Monday, 21 June 1982 Maitreya/Christ would announce himself on television.

So far as I can tell, Share international / Benjamin Creme are not claiming that Raj patel is the guy they've been waiting for. He has simply stated here that the television interview they've been waiting for for 28 years "has happened." No hint of when or who beyond, and I quote:

"Maitreya recently gave his first interview in America. The first of many such interviews."

He goes on to describe that it was on a "major network" and that it exists on the internet, but still no mention of who or when other than "recently." The connection to Raj Patel, so far as I can tell...is solely the result of people searching the entire history of "recent interviews" for people who might possibly qualify, and Raj Patel is simply their best guess.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Naomi Klein said this about Raj's book:

"One of the most dazzling books I have read in a very long time. The product of a brilliant mind, and a gift to a world hungering for justice."

Funnily enough Benjamin Creme has always stated that when Maitreya begins his open mission his FIRST priority will be bringing about a solution to the problem of the Millions of starving people in a world that has more than enough food to feed everyone.

This is exactly what Raj is setting out to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Israel Versus Iran

The guy in the video taught me nothing except that he knows how to whine really well. Notice that through the whole video he complains about people earning a lot of money while others don't, and his solution is a single word: "Democracy". Come on, just saying the word Democracy does nothing to indicate how any of the world's problems can be solved.

If you are looking for a spiritual leader why look to someone who is talking politics? Is that what this Maitreya character is? A politician? I hope not!

The guy in the video refers to "free markets" and "less regulation" when corporate regulations have increased over the past decade and none of the markets are free. Paul Volcker, Alan Greenspan, and Henry Paulson are much more related to communism and fascism than free markets or capitalism. Their entire job is specifically to attempt to manipulate the markets using the government... I laugh at the notion they support the free markets. Greenspan's job was to run a private-public corporate monopoly... a fascist enterprise. If they had full support for the free markets they would announce (or would have announced in Greenspan's case) that they are quitting their positions to enter the private market and start up their own currency to compete with the US dollar.

As for Milton Friedman, he is one of the only known advocates of free markets in existence. He has my respect. You should see what his kids are up to these days. Its got nothing to do with giving banksters hugs, thats for sure.

What the world needs is people to stop complaining and start doing things that actually help to improve things. This guy is so confident, is he out there starting up this great solution to greed called democracy? I doubt it.

It is unhealthy to focus on a messiah figure. There are many great teachers in the world... focus on those. Personally I try to work on solving the worlds problems by chipping away at them in real life and accepting that I may play a tiny little role and that is enough... I don't count on another person to step up and do the job for me. Nor do I count on my attempted help to actually work... but you've got to try.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I just got back from over 6 months traveling in northern India visiting all new & ancient buddhist & shiva sites & temples & worshipers and I'll tell you westeners aint got no clue. I would post some of my pics but I aint got no clue. This is total BS.

Edit: selling books _ phist!!!!

[edit on 25-1-2010 by out west]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join