It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO and how to Identify GMO products

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi all,

Some important info for you.

A little info for you, I would say the same thing as this website so I am just going to quote them for ease:

The most common modification that Monsanto makes to seeds is to create HT-ready crops ("herbicide tolerant" crops). These are crops that are able to withstand Monsanto`s other product, RoundUp, to a strong degree. This increases crop yield by allowing the farmer to spray liberally with the RoundUp herbicide to kill weeds and some parasites. The problem? Well, obviously, all that spraying can`t be good for anybody. It also is severely destroying seed diversity in the agricultural markets - over 90% of American soybean crops are now genetically modified organisms (GMO). About 70% of our corn crops are also GMOs.1 Now that Monsanto has a virtual monopoly on those seeds, they`ve announced that they`re raising seed prices by up to 42%.

More here

Let's stop this madness people, be vigilant and remember to look at your PLU codes when shopping, better yet use your local farmers market and hope they did not buy seeds from Monsanto.

-Kdial1

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Great thread.

The importance of this is far-reaching considering how many digestive problems are plaguing younger and younger people, including celiac, Crohn's, IBS, acid reflux, chronic constipation despite increased fiber intake, increasing food allergies, and ulcers.

I am concerned that some people are simply unable to process GMO and cannot extract proper nutrition from them, or whose organs can't tolerate the foods themselves.

And controlling the seeds controls the food supply.

new topics

join