It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sold America false Intel !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

---------------------------------------------------------
An urgent investigation has been launched
in Washington into whether Iran played a role in manipulating the US into the Iraq war by passing on bogus intelligence through Ahmad Chalabi's Iraqi National Congress, it emerged yesterday.
Some intelligence officials now believe that Iran used the hawks in the Pentagon and the White House to get rid of a hostile neighbour, and pave the way for a Shia-ruled Iraq.

According to a US intelligence official, the CIA has hard evidence that Mr Chalabi and his intelligence chief, Aras Karim Habib, passed US secrets to Tehran, and that Mr Habib has been a paid Iranian agent for several years, involved in passing intelligence in both directions.

The CIA has asked the FBI to investigate Mr Chalabi's contacts in the Pentagon to discover how the INC acquired sensitive information that ended up in Iranian hands.
---------------------------------------------------------
It seems that Iran may have used America to destory its mortal enemy, or are they just a scapegoat for the lack of evidence provided by the US?

Ethier way, this cannot be a good sign, esp not with Bush's elections on the run.

Deep

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Scarier thought is that if it turns out to be true, we might just attack Iran next. That would be MUCH WORSE. I hope Bush isnt that stupid.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The closer to the election it gets, more things go wrong, the more people they blame for their mistakes.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I hope Bush isnt that stupid.

Bush is "stupid" enough to do as they tell him.
If he was any smarter, some one else would have been president.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It makes an evil kind of sense, after all, Iran is stirring up Shia sentiments. Its no secret they wanted \saddam out, and perhaps, thier own rule in.

They certainly had enough to gain. So, why not? So many peoples hands are dirty in this mess anyway.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Just admit we screwed up... stop pushing blame around.
Too close to election time and everyone care about image.... I hate Politics

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Anyone ever hear the phrase?

Let the buyer beware.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.
Iran manipulated the US into attacking Iraq.
We now have possible Iranian submarines packing nuclear weapons threating to attack Western cities.
Over half the US navy has been despatched somewhere unknown.
There are also Russian ship doing the same.
Now that is scary

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Anyone ever hear the phrase?

Let the buyer beware.

Cave Canem ... oops, that's 'Beware of the Dog'

Try again ... Caveat Emptor !!!

I would have thought the spooks wouldn't have fallen for a load of crap. There's got to be something more.

top topics

join