It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens In Our Ancient History

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Please Click Here For More Debunking That Actually Makes Sense

we all want to believe...I know I do....but please use some common sense!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i have to agree with Metalholic....First, scientists said it was a disease that wipe out the dinosaurs then it was an asteroid and now they are looking into polar shifts. The Sumerians(the first civilization as for right now who knows when we'll find one older) have documented throughout there timeline of UFO's in thier hyroglyphs. So the why couldnt (some) of the paintings be of UFO's?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Star and Flag

This is the most awesome theory to research!!! I certainly believe that we are hybrids form alien DNA and were created by ancient 'alien' astronauts. The more this is accepted, which it is and at an alarming rate, the more I enjoy talking about this subject!!!!!!!!!!

You should look into Project Camelot and Dan Burisch.

He says that "aliens" are really our own human species from far, far into the future (2 different kinds from two different times). I don't know the whole story, but it's something to the effect of: our species has encountered genetic problems in the distant and have traveled back in time to sample our current DNA and help repair theirs.

There's also a group of scientists that attest that our DNA drastically altered and advanced a few thousand years ago without any significant evidence as to why the jump occurred.

I don't buy that theory one bit. It's a bit too convenient. Aliens, yes. But not the future-beings-on-a-mission-for-dna-vibe.

I enjoy watching Camelot sometimes.
But not all the people they interview are truthers or genuine. A fair few cranks and parasites who twist the story to suit their own story-telling show up on there as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulfulwonder
IMHO, we really can't get a true answer of what the artwork represents, unless we are able to speak to the artists themselves, which is impossible.
That is true, but not as much as you may think.

We cannot talk to the artists that made those paintings, but they didn't made them just because they wanted, the paintings were very expensive to make, they were commissioned by rich people or by the church itself, so the artists didn't had that much artistic liberty.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
You know what is happening, there is a conspiracy of silence in science and history over our ancient past.

Then that conspiracy started before the Roman Empire, because the ancient Greeks already had some known historians, and while some of the things they wrote were found to be wrong, they were mostly confirmed by the more recent historians.

The same thing happened with the Romans, and the historians after that, and those after, etc., so we can, in some cases, follow the track back to the beginning of writing.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
Armap said we can't judge this stuff because they are thumbnails and the originals may show more detail. So what? More detail of the flying saucers?

Just because we are looking at a picture on the internet and not the real thing doesn't mean we see things that aren't there. The pictures could be bigger but it wouldn't change what's in them.
The problem is not seeing things that are not there, it's not seeing things that are there.

One good example that is sometimes presented along with some of th paintings from the OP is a painting that supposedly shows a UFO, but when we see a better version (not necessarily bigger) we can see that it's just a a bishop's (if I remember it right) hat.

One of the problems is that some of the images have been circulating the Internet since the beginning, when the most used image format was GIF, that is limited to just 256 colours, so the paintings loose a lot of detail.

I don't know how old diving suits are but I'm certain that most of the art presented in the OP is much older.
The diving suit example was just to show that something can look like two different things, but it will be interpreted by people as the one they know best.

I'm not 100% convinced that all of this stuff is proof of aliens or anything but some of you keep bringing up how art historians belive these strange objects are symbols for mundane things. I'm not saying that isn't the case, but could anyone provide a link to a respected art historian explaining these objects... otherwise it just comes off as a lame attempt at a debunk...
I don't know any links about art history, but my sister is a painter and had art history classes, in which they talk about all those canones, since the most ancient times people have been using them to avoid misunderstandings when they wanted to convey a message.

The problem I have with this is that people keep on talking about these paintings that, in my opinion, show nothing related to Aliens or UFOs, and ignore the less famous ancient descriptions of UFOs, or because of the mix between real UFO descriptions and paintings that show nothing like that, when (or if) someone debunks (although I don't like the word) the majority of the paintings people may forget that not all were debunked, and that some are just the only way they had at the time of representing things to show to other people.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
I'm sorry, but that page didn't explain anything away.
The idea was not to "explain away", just to explain.

Even on the original photo, I can still clearly see a helicopter, a submarine (possibly) and some sort of flying machine with a tail section, not unlike a plane or shuttle.
Yes, the things are there, but they were altered to look more like representations of what we may interpret as modern machines.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
People, please think about what you're proposing. Take, for instance, paintings of the crucifixion or of moses.

These are not photographs, or even paintings by an eyewitness after the fact. They were typically painted over a thousand years after the purported event, using other paintings as references. Yet, we are supposed to see these images, with mysterious things in the sky, and take this to mean that UFOs were present at the crucifixion?

The painters who painted these things had never even visited the middle east or seen a representation of it. Why do you think all the images of moses, mary, and jesus have them dressed up like middle-ages europeans? Do you think that mary wore fine victorian livery? If not, then why would you think that the depiction of a sky vehicle is accurate?

If it was the artist's intention to depict a UFO, he'd be doing this based on some oral tradition, some commonly-held view of what the crucifixion looked like. There would have to be sources that state, "oh yeah, and in the sky were these weird objects." Then he would have known what to paint.

On the other hand, there are long-standing traditions in medival religious art, a body of specific symbolism and iconography. The annunciation of Mary is when she supposedly experienced immaculate conception. Just about any painting you can find of this will include some device indicating god touching mary with a beam of light, or visiting as a dove, etc.

Other paintings depict saints possibly flying, glowing, or talking with angels. Are we to believe these are accurate depictions of things that really happened?

Think, people.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The "believer" argument for the egyptian carvings, as I understand it, is that Egyptians had access to high technology: helicopters, tanks, airplanes maybe.

If the egyptians had access to this technology, they would necessarily have to have advanced understanding of modern metallurgy, manufacturing, electricity, electronics, etc.... I hope you would agree that at least SOME evidence of this would have been found by now.

Or maybe they just SAW these things but didn't necessarily build them by themselves? In which case they would have witnessed the incredible spectacle of far advanced technology, so far advanced that they probably wouldn't recognize it as something that mankind could produce or control. An egyptian getting a close enough look at a helicopter in order to draw it later would be the equivalent of a UFO landing on the white house lawn today. Dramatic. Revelatory.

So, in either of these scenarios, the egyptians learned of helicopters, tanks, etc... and thought, "how do we commemorate this incredible knowledge? I know! Let's carve it way up on this lintel in an unremarkable tomb and then never mention it again. One picture, right in the middle of this text about some royalty, just cram it all in there, that should do it." Perfectly sensible, right?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
i always thought it was really interesting that the nazcans shaped their skulls from birth to give them elongated heads , they would tie boards and ropes to infants skulls to shape them elongated.
Why would they do this ? apparently they wanted to be more like their gods !

Why some people have (or had) the custom of footbinding?

Why some people wear neck rings to elongate their necks?

Why some people use lip plates?

Humans are just strange.

PS: sorry for my post flood.

[edit on 25/1/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"Here is a picture of our sky brethren the alien. Even though we are in communication with them, sufficient so that they can build the pyramids and teach us agriculture, we thought it wasn't necessary to ever depict them in any of our paintings or drawings. Well, except for this one fresco depicting a good harvest. We thought we'd paint one, just this once, because there was a little room left after the harvest."

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Seen some of these before, theres alot more similar ones out there to,
nice post.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

the difference being the nazcans done this to resemble their gods , who they say came from the sky !
How would they know what to make their skulls look like unless they had some kind of contact with their gods !

in christianity there is no reference to what god looks like , but in nazcan history and creation history they said their gods had elongated heads .

2mins 20 secs !

dont know how good a source Giorgio A. Tsoukalos is , but apparently he works for eric von daniken !

[edit on 25-1-2010 by sapien82]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

This author is an artist.
In his book put in the January 26, 1996 sighting drawing:

On the evening of January 26, 1996, at the Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Health Spa, on the western slopes of the Sangre de Cristos Mountains, above the city of Santa Fe, at approximately 7:00 o’clock p.m., as I sat in a hot tub with several others, I met a young woman who had read my book, just as I spotted a “blinking” aircraft moving slowly above the mountains, about 10,000 feet above our position.

From this page:

He needed one sighting in the 50s to determine saucers are real.
There might be a drawing of the first sighting as well which
he said was like two woks put together.

I know, drawing quality is going down.
But the aliens are still here or a new bread of hucksters
have taken over.

ED: Oops, breed instead of bread

[edit on 1/25/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I love the old paintings with ufos swarming in the background. Beautiful imagery and clearly put there. What is missing is all the lore from the place and times of each artwork. What did the people say about this phenomena back then? I know most of them would say it is God for sure but there must be a few who thought otherwise. I wish we could hear their accounts.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
At the risk of getting yelled at again this topic has been done to death, though it is important all the pictures have already been posted and discussed. Skyfloating did an amazing presentation on possible ancient aliens in history.

And as such many of the pictures have already been explained. To think the egyptians mastered the art of flying and would create a craft that looks the same idea as our helicopter is absurd, they would have reflected the artistic and sociological culture of the time and utilising their own developments, would not come out like ours. And has been mentioned, there would be evidence of their metalworking and it would have to be light enough AND structurally sound (aircraft aluminum) and more than one passing reference.

The theory I find fascinating and more plausible is that they were somehow given a glimpse of the future, or maybe a vision. Though I still find the multiple hieroglyphics the probable answer.

The depicted Egyptian alien was toted as proof before, and that was exposed as just being a vase and lotus flowers (or something similar)

The 'UFOs' shooting a beam into religious figures is throughout religious art, if you grew up religious you would probably know that, it represents God enlightening persons with wisdom or visions (as in the famous painting of St John). Sometimes it is depicted as an eye.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
ahhh with the heiroglyphs supposedly representing the apache helicopter and various other aircraft , who is to say that somehow a plane or chopper ended up going through the bermuda triangle being lost and then went back in time to the egyptian era and was seen then carved ! just a thought

And I like how people say the image of the cirlce firing beams into peoples heads giving them visions , that could just as easily be aliens using telekinesis to talk to people or implant memories into their heads! because certainly that would be the easiest way for an advanced race to speak to someone and make them think they were gods!

I definetely think that the bible and other ancient texts really need to be checkd out again and looked at differently and from the point of view that our religions could easily be based on aliens playing GOD !

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

the reason the accouns are missing my good man is that if people calimed to anything other than devine intervention then surely they would have been branded a heretic and burned at the stake or worse !

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

the reason the accouns are missing my good man is that if people calimed to anything other than devine intervention then surely they would have been branded a heretic and burned at the stake or worse !

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
These are just the same pictures that have been posted on countless websites for years and years now. Yes some of them are intriguing, but artistic license also goes a long way to explaining some of them easily.

The Egyptian ones you posted for example, show you have simply cut and paste this stuff from another site without actually exploring the history of each piece of artwork, because if you had done that, you would have immediately seen that the Egyptian examples come from the Armana period, where this elongated style was used to depicted Akhenaten and his family. And the "disc" in the sky is the Aten, the representation of their god in their monotheistic religion.

Let's try to go past posting the same tired old images again and again (see also the "helicopter" hieroglyphs etc), or at least provide some thing new to support your argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join