It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens In Our Ancient History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Since the dawn of humanity there is a plethora of evidence of Aliens being involved in our history from paintings, scrolls, sculptures, art, and stories that date back to the beginning of our earliest recordings as people on this planet. Let's have a look at few which suggests Alien presence in our History:

The Madonna with Saint Giovannino is a painting from around the 15th century most likely painted by Domenico Ghirlandaio.

This is the painting titled "The Baptism of Christ" painted in 1710 by Aert De Gelder.

French Jeton from 1680. The Latin inscription translates to "It is here at an opportune time".

The Crucifixion by an unknown artist in 1350.

This is a painting from Haratonohama, Hitachi, Japan in 1803. There was a book written about it Ume No Chiri that said "foreign ship and crew" was spotted on the shore of Haratonohama, Hitachi, Japan and that the ship was made of metal and glass with strange writings on it. This is the artists rendition of the flying saucer resembling space ship.

This painting is from a manuscript from the 12th century called Annales Laurissenses. It tells the tail of the siege on Sigiburg castle in France, where the Saxons had surrounded the French and were about to take over the castle when Flaming Shields hovered over the church. The Saxons thought that the French were protected by these beings and fled. This event happened in the year 776 and has been well documented.

Large Elongated Head Sculpture

Moses Receiving Ten Commandments. This painting is from a wood drawer which is kept at Earls D’Oltremond in Belgium.

Ancient Ecuadorian Sculpture- Similarities to todays space suits our Astronauts wear.

Crucifixion Painting- 17th century. A Fresco (which is a painting done on a ceiling or wall) in the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral in Mtskheta.

1660. From the works of Admiral Blaeu in the literature "Theatrum Orbis Terrarum".

Ancient Inca UFO Sculptures

Aliens and There Hybrid Babies?

"The Annunciation" 1486 by the hands of Carlo Crivelli.

A french picture from the Literature "Le Livre Des Bonnes Moeurs" by Jacques Legrand. A book of French works From 1388.

Source

End.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Star and Flag

This is the most awesome theory to research!!! I certainly believe that we are hybrids form alien DNA and were created by ancient 'alien' astronauts. The more this is accepted, which it is and at an alarming rate, the more I enjoy talking about this subject!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Star and flag! I actually have a page similar to the one you're referencing from bookmarked on my computer. I use it often in discussions. I have no doubt in my mind that aliens have been around since the beginning.

I also have a theory which is very off the wall I suppose, but that UFO's could be time travelers. Hence, they're in the paintings of MANY major events. We say time travelers wouldn't be allowed to intervene in our history, lest they destroy the time line to/of the future.

Anyway, good thread. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

(edit to add link)

[edit on 24-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I think that is also very probable theory but also at the same time everything should be taken into account.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The problem with this is that when we are talking about art, specially religious art, we must remember that some things have specific meanings and had specific ways of being represented.

Also, we should never consider enough one or two copies we see in the Internet, some of those paintings are large and with much more detail than what we can see on the copies used to promote the idea of interaction between extraterrestrials and humans from some centuries ago.

Another thing is that when we compare something to an astronaut we should also think that 50 years ago we would call it a diving suit, not a space suit, so if we see today a drawing from a child (for example) representing a diving suit we can see it as a astronaut suit when it's not.

The theory is interesting but should not be based in wrong data.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I completely agree. Also, it could simply be that aliens have been intervening in our history since the beginning. Genetic engineering, etc.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Very true, thank you for your valuable input
. I agree it's all upto perception of an individual along with details in the case of paintings and sculpture.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The theory is interesting but should not be based in wrong data.

Couldn't this statement go both ways? For instance, the infamous Egyptian carving:

I don't really see where there is room for error or misconception on that picture...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Wow very nice carving. I have not seen it before. Thank you very much for sharing

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Sure, no problem!
I have seen them many times over the years. I have always been fascinated by them. Here's the link to the actual page the picture is on. (not to derail your thread in any way)

Ancient Aircraft

I think you'll be intrigued to say the least.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Not at all, sharing knowledge is what I come here for. No amount of information is enough.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Couldn't this statement go both ways? For instance, the infamous Egyptian carving:
Yes, it goes both ways, but the difference is that in the case of the paintings we know why they painted things like they did (at least most things
) because all other painters did the same, it was a symbolic language used to represent something that is not really known, like the holy spirit, for example

I don't really see where there is room for error or misconception on that picture...
There are thousands of people that know how to read hieroglyphs, so they know what is written there and what was written over the original text (that's what made the strange looking hieroglyphs, the mixing of old and new versions). Also, the image you posted is a photoshoped version of the real photo, you can see that in the right side the clone tool was used to make a better looking image.

There's a thread somewhere on ATS that shows it very well.

Edit: This page explains it and shows a real photo.

[edit on 24/1/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I certainly appreciate your efforts in remedying the misinformation I posted. However, I find it even more so interesting that people can simply dismiss it as an "ancient typo".

Ancient Typo? Or Something More?

The Egyptological argument -- that we are merely seeing "random, fallen plaster ..." creating this illusion in our minds -- is simply untenable at this point, not only because of this incredible linguistic "coincidence" -- but because of another statistical impossibility as well: We're not just seeing one "illusion" here ... we've got at least four ... four very sophisticated representations of four different types of the same "impossible" technology (20th/21st Century war craft) -- all grouped together on one panel. The granddaddy of all "statistical improbabilities!"

I couldn't agree more. I browsed through several threads on the subject, and then read over the article you posted. And I am just not buying what they're selling. Call me ignorant, stubborn or whatever. But to believe that nature just took it's course and behold... clear images of flying machines are found... well, it's just too much. Far too much in my opinion.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Call me ignorant, stubborn or whatever. But to believe that nature just took it's course and behold... clear images of flying machines are found... well, it's just too much. Far too much in my opinion.
You're really a "whatever".

The problem with your sentence above shows the larger problem that we face when dealing with things like this.

Those are not "clear images of flying machines", those are images that are somewhat similar to some of today's flying machines, but not only they do not look exactly like our flying machines, nothing shows any evidence of them being machines or in the air.

Another thing, why should those flying machines be mixed with text? It's not like it's a "
", what would be the reason to write something like "King of Upper and Lower Egypt, helicopter"?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You have no case for Pharaoh Akhenaten's depicted 'deformities', he certainly wasn't an alien.

Dr. Redford says the bizarre depictions of Akhenaten's body began to appear after the third year of the king's reign, when he began worshiping the sun god, Aten. He says the king's belief system cannot be divorced from the art style; a more personalized art style reflects a more personal religion. Dr. Redford notes that Akhenaten even claimed, "'There is only one god, my father. I can approach him by day, by night.'

www.umm.edu...

He thought he was special and translated this egotism through all royal depictions of himself and his family. Some of those paintings with 'UFO's' can simply be misinterpreted, they could be symbolic of many things (guiding light, holy spirit, divine presence) before actually being a physical alien craft.

[edit on 24/1/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Weren't the egyptian carvings of the helicopter and what not proven to be a hoax? And I'm pretty sure the "ufos" in the crucifixion were misinterpreted images of the sun and moon.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Some of those paintings with 'UFO's' can simply be misinterpreted, they could be symbolic of many things (guiding light, holy spirit, divine presence) before actually being a physical alien craft.

I've long argued that a person's conclusions are always going to be both coloured and influenced by whatever preconceptions they bring to the analysis.

Example:
Person one will feel quite comfortable with the idea that otherworldly entities (aliens) have been interacting with mankind throughout it's history. They will look at specific events as told by our ancestors, see how our ancestors depicted these events (the OP's drawings) and quite comfortably INCLUDE the possibility that what has been recorded are actual encounters with aliens and their technology.... I emphasize 'include' because to person one it is as equally valid an explanation as interpreting it as myth, allegory, symbolism, etc

Person two, however, will look at every possible other explanation (possibly even ones that barely fit the facts), RATHER than consider the possibility that the ancients might have been reporting/depicting actual alien encounters. To them the possibility of a picture, tablet, manuscript, etching referring to actual UFO/aliens is only so much nonsense and not to be entertained for one second.

Given the differences between the starting points of person 1 and 2, and what scenarios they are prepared to entertain, their conclusions are probably going to be quite different (at least some of the time)

In my opinion, and it's only an opinion, while on some occasions the most obvious explanation might be 'guiding light, holy spirit, divine presence', at other times the simplest explanation (provided one is prepared to accept the premise) is that what they recorded/referred to was a UFO/alien encounter.

Incidently... I use the term UFO in the 'alien craft' sense of the word.

On a final note, and to further illustrate my main point... I am reminded of a thread I read recently on ATS, where it was you who pointed out

Was there indeed a period in the distant past where these believed to be ‘God’s’ actually ruled the lands? Were these the human Gods that taught them the knowledge of architecture, agriculture, religion, astrology and even passed on their own language, the hieroglyphs? Could the currently unaccepted timeframe which puts the origins of the Egyptians prior to 25,000 B.C. serve as an explanation to the sudden expanse of the Egyptian civilization, fully equipped with a complex set of religious beliefs?

The current conclusion is simple, yet so ignorant. The Turin King List is seen as recorded history, but the ‘age of the God’s’ is placed under that petty little word, myth. Why?

The truth current Egyptologists/Historians see is coloured by their preconceptions

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

That's great and all but I never ruled out the possibility that they may be alien craft, i refer you to my prior post:

Originally posted by serbsta
they could be symbolic of many things [...] before actually being a physical alien craft.

I was just stating that there are a number of things that those paintings could have been depicting, i.e holding more weight in plausibility than the depiction of alien craft, but not ruling it out entirely. Besides, I have no pre-conceptions on this theory.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Apologies... I wasn't actually having a dig at you. I was merely using your post as a starting point to voice my opinion.

I should have pointed out that you actually left the alien option as a possibility... my bad. Consider me well and truly slapped on the wrist.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

You forgot person three: someone that has no problems with the possibility that aliens may have interacted with previous generations but that will look also at every other possible explanation.

And, if we are talking physiological influences, for example, we look at what doctors say, we should look at what art historians say about the paintings, after all they are the experts in the field, and just because what they say may ruin our "fun", it doesn't mean that they are wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join