It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creature Pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Some pictures I've came across and wanted to share. I'm not saying they are real because I don't know. I can't put the pictures directly on here because the site I got them from won't let me. So I'll post the links to the pictures.
Tasmanian Tiger
Giant Bird
Jersey Devil?
Ape?
2 headed cat
Tiny Monkey?
Chupa?
Huge Fish
Sea Serpent
Theres a ton more too many to post check it out if you want to...Later

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I can say that the picture of the tasmanian tiger is indeed real as its says under the pic that was that last know tasmanian tiger known alive kept in a zoo until it finally died
poor little guy bein the last of your kind most suck. Some people belive there are still some of these guys running around although there has been only sightings and no hard proof. On the plus side there is a effort under way to clone these guys and bring them back from extinction

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I wrote a paper on Thylacine last semester for Honors Biology at my college. I said that there was no need to continue to cloning processes, because the creature still exists in the wild. And a bit of irony...I saw a show on Thylacine today on the OLN (Outdoor Life Network) Channel.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Ok, 1 at a time. . .

Tasmanian Tiger - I thought this was a well documented, now extinct creature (or, as some members pointed out, possibly just endangered)? I seem to remember seeing videos of them in High School.

Jersey Devil - Could be a real creature (obscure bat, maybe?). Could also be a conglomerate taxidermy creation. I think I may have actually seen one of these on a nature show once, but I'll be damned if I can remember where it's from or what it's called.

"Spectral Ape Thingy" - Most likely the camera flash reflecting off something. I have photographs of myself with "apparitions" in the foreground. I know these particular pictures to simply be a weird trick of the light reflecting off of glossy/metallic objects in the picture.

2 Faced Cat - I believe this to be a sad variation of conjoined twins. This condition is more common in amphibians and reptiles, but I've seen it in humans, too. I've also seen (personally) a dog with 5 legs. It had 3 front legs, 2 of which were fused together. The fifth leg was pretty much useless and just a burden to the creature.

Tiny Monkey - Probably a very young shrew or something. Probably not actually a primate, but I have no idea. Never seen anything quite like it.

Beast of Bosnia - Looks like whatever it is, it's had the crap beaten out of it. Kinda reminds me of a mammal that's missing it's fur. Like someone burned a giant sea otter or something. ;-) Too dirty/disfigured for me to hazard a guess.

Sea Serpent - Definitely something in the water, may not even be an animal from what I can see.

Giant Fish - Doesn't look like anything I've seen. I won't hazard a guess on this one, either.

Anyone have any thoughts on anything other than the Tasmanian Tiger?

--J1m

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
very interesting site
cheers

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Just1Man: Thanks for your analysis of the pictures. I have no clue what the giant fish is either. I'm guessin maybe a fish from deep down in the ocean maybe thats why its not too reported on. I could be way off its just my guess.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The giant fish is actually a seldom seen Megamouth Shark. The person credited with the photo, B. Hutchins, wrote a book on them. More megamouth info can be had here.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just1Man

Beast of Bosnia - Looks like whatever it is, it's had the crap beaten out of it. Kinda reminds me of a mammal that's missing it's fur.

looks like a skinned cat to me...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
the cat and the monkey look faked

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the link spectre

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFSF
Thanks for the link spectre

It was, indeed, my pleasure. I love reading about those elusive deep sea creatures. If you want to see another bizarre creature seach the web for "oarfish." There are some ATS links on them, like this one.

Originally posted by kraken
...lencole.home.sprynet.com...

and this:

www.thejump.net......

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
;-) I would like to state that my opinions are in no way professional.

One of my biggest problems w/the Bosnian Beast were it's toes/whatever. They look too long and thin to be any mammal I can think of off hand that would fit the rest of the picture.

Good catch on the Megamouth, Spectre. . .

I think my favorite deep sea fish is the Angler Fish. I know there's not a lot of mystery there compared to some of these other critters, but I still like it.

Nice thread. . .

--J1m

**edit: Some of these links now appear to go to different pictures. . .***

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Just1Man]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
how about the giant squid!

They get even bigger that this!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
the pic of the jersey devil is just a pic of a bat, I know for a fact I've seen it on either a discovery or animal planet documentary. I believe it's just a type of fruit bat, and you could probably see one in the san diego zoo

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
well i guess something of this can be explained with simple genetical disorder (or whatever its called) like siam twins. I have withnessed birth of two headed goat for example and i have also seen puppy's with 6 legs (they are in my local vet;s office). i guess mother nature can make mistakes somethimes.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think that the picture referring to the Jersey Devil is alluding to the idea that that IS the Jersey Devil. The head does resemble that of a horse (or a moose if you ask me), it has wings, and I do not know what sound it emits. I could see how a relative species of this type of fruit bat could be mistaken for a beast...given that the one that the people referred to as "the Jersey Devil" was larger. After seeing something like that, I would be a little shaken too as a 18th century person. From that the stories of murderous rampages would begin...just a thought...

top topics

join