It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple light when mind is free of thought

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hello fellow members of ATS. I would like to talk about something very intriguing that happens to me. Whenever I am l lying in bed or meditating, and my mind is relatively free of thoughts or "internal chatter," I tend to see two specific things. They might be connected, I am not sure.

The first thing I see is a small purple "spot" or "cloud" in the center of my vision. This becomes more noticeable when my eyes are closed. It's form sometimes changes slightly, but usually stays around the same size.

When I focus on this purple spot, something else seems to start happening. It's as if "waves" of purple light come across my field of vision. This is noticed eyes open or closed, as long as there is little light in the room. The waves always move in a pattern. From left to right, inwards, outwards, and so on.

The presence of this light does not frighten me or make me anxious, it seems to do quite the opposite sometimes. Whenever some thoughts come into my head, I have to dismiss them quickly, or the light will start to fade away.

The only explanation I have for this is that when I told a friend of mine that I meditated, he told his mom, who is a Reiki master. He told me that she does distant healing on me, so I am thinking it could be that? I'm not very sure at this point. Have any of you ever experienced something like this?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Seth

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I see the same thing you see, much respect to you.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I feel as if these are the energies around you that you can't normally see. the third eye vision.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I can't remember the word for the name of it, but is common in pre-sleep or meditative states. I see purple and green, and mine forms in grid shapes, and angular shapes more than anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I dont know if this is what it is or if this will help you but have you herd of the violet flame or purple flame? Here is a article for you.....

thevioletflame.tripod.com...

Supposedly if you can do it it burns off bad karma. I've never hd any experience like yours. Well anyway,Take care!

[edit on 24-1-2010 by freeyourmind1111]

[edit on 24-1-2010 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Interesting. In 'Slaughterhouse Five', by Kurt Vonnegut, he says that the protagonist of the tale experiences death as "...a purple light and a hum."

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences this.

Freeyourmind1111, I'll definitely take a look at the article. I've never heard of the violet flame before, but this might be it. It definitely moves like a flame, does burning across my field of vision.

Inediblebulk, the "hum" you speak of, have you heard it? Is it very high pitched, or no? I hear "hums" and other tones a lot when I meditate, or when my body is falling asleep.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by hardstyleaz]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hi Hardstyleaz,

I always have a similar experience while meditating and falling asleep.

Though mine is slightly different.

It begins with a small purple dot, and then it expands outward into a larger circle. The circle is not perfect, but has a wavy outline. The violet circle is surrounded by a dark, rich green color.

Imagine standing in a clearing in the woods at twilight, and looking up into the sky. There's the violet colored sky surrounded by an outline of trees that create a circular boundary. That's how mine goes. It transforms continuously in a loop like that. Dot- Circle- Forest- Dot- Circle- Forest.

And yeah, it usually only happens when there are lights on, but sometimes it happens as I'm falling asleep. Only, when it happens as I'm falling asleep, it transforms into black gridlike patterns or I see stars go by like I'm moving in space. I get scared when that happens though. I never know where I'm going or what else might pop up, zooming by those stars like that.

Hope that helps

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sacred Violet Flame Activated through 6th Chakra between eyes, a.k.a. 3rd Eye. want to lucid dream focus on the center, follow it, its not easy, but when done, you can see how the infinite sign is formed in some "electric" way in the color purple, in that moment alfa, beta waves start in ur brain, different from theta (when sleeping), making you lucid dream or astral travel consciously

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yeah that's the third eye opening up a bit. Blue is the serotonin -- when that is increased -- the spectrogram color of serotonin is blue. So combine that with red and you get purple. I've had purple light many times as well. Congratulations.

reply to post by hardstyleaz

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
Yeah that's the third eye opening up a bit. Blue is the serotonin -- when that is increased -- the spectrogram color of serotonin is blue. So combine that with red and you get purple. I've had purple light many times as well. Congratulations.

What does green mean?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
alittle off topic but this is all very intriguing to me i wonder if theres anyone who would like to set me on the right path to a no nonsense approach to meditation and things alike. i have looked on other sites but i end up turning the page off as many put allot of filler in the text or try n sell you a book. i just want technichs i can see/feel results with not a whole philosophy lesson or telling it will take years to do this that and the other i do have a high concentration level but wont waste time on something i might not get

any help would be great

then mabey i will be able to coment on this purple haze you see

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
When I close my eyes at any given time I see purple, and what looks like a circle of dark figures in people shape surrounding the purple. I always try to get my vision above the figures but never can.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by amatrine]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Green is the liver energy -- it is wisdom. So magnesium in chlorophyll is a photoreceptor. Pigments are photoreceptors. So if you eat lots of greens or spirulina then you increase your intake of light photons to activate the '___' production of the third eye. You also clean out the liver. At night when you dream your soul switches from transmitting out of your eyes through the heart to being stored in your liver.

reply to post by Phlynx

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Seth it sounds to me you are very lucky.

You have a friend with a very cool mom.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't understand. I see this all the time when I close my eyes. I was under the impression it was a natural process. I do not meditate.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Drew Hempel, Thanks. I do try to eat salad or other greens almost every day.

Aceofclubs, this thread has helped me with many things:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Calcoatseeker, thanks as well. Yes, I feel lucky to be receiving this healing energy. There are groups in many areas that have local meet-ups where healers and those interested have sessions together. I would see if there is one in your area!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well you're probably talking about phosphenes -- these are seen when there is light pressure on the eyes -- or a certain light rhythm while the eyes are closed --

reply to post by jane_within

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

wow, I also see purple although mine usually starts with patches rather than a dot and I get the waves of color as well. I've also felt at times that I could be on the verge of "stepping out of body" but I've never quite managed it, I either fall asleep or I lose focus. I must admit that until I read this I thought this color thing was normal to everyone

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
sounds like a benevolent energy in some form, perhaps even your own.

i was discussing this with someone recently, i was having a dramatic cry on my bed when all surrounding me was a purple mist/fog/very visible and real looking energy. with my eyes wide open, broad daylight.

my friend offered a suggestion that a benevolent spiritual energy may have been bringing me comfort. i was even moved to reiki myself shortly afterward, not even making the connection.

it was fun.

st. germaine is associated with purple, i guess. and associated with the violet flame meditation. i've heard great things about it, though i keep my meditations pretty loose and improvisational usually...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join