It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC Lt. Gov: Poor Like "Stray Animals." Don't Feed Them or "They Breed."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by apacheman

I support cutting off all welfare, both for the individual and the corporation.

If someone or some company cannot survive on its own, then it must be allowed to die.

Strip you of all you have, leave you naked in a forest.. And if you survive you can then say this.

Or do you rely on man made things, hypocrite?

gah...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

Wow, what a luxury it sounds like.

What a shame its not actually that way.

God this is pathetic....

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Kill them right?

best solution. Don't wanna waste your precious cents..

this thread makes me ill to the bone...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I think you're full of it, doc. To be blunt and honest. Serves your rant tho eh?

pfft.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The reason many countries give welfare to the poor whether it be food or money to support themselves has very little to do with compassion. Rather they support the great mass of the poor to stop them rioting.

After all if you had nothing wouldn't you riot and take from those who had more than you who were collectively responsible for keeping you in your present position.

Up the revolution.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

this thread makes me ill to the bone...

I'm having flashbacks to the things I read about the thirties...

(Enjoy my Art. This is an image of Hitler, combined with Bauer's remarks translated into poor person's German. I think the image and the text goes well together.)

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Doc, while just about everyone can find a job eventually... it very often takes months in today's market. 37 weeks is the current average. So, statistically sometimes it takes a year or more, especially for unskilled workers or factory workers who's work has been getting cut back for decades.

So while the claim there are no jobs is an extreme, so to is the claim "there are jobs for everyone". Generally that is true only if you take into account months or possibly even years of delay being unemployed!

What makes your claim false that "everyone can have a job" is that many people have disabilities serious enough that they never find work. Lets say a person recently got in a car accident and is paralyzed from the face down. It may be they can get hired doing something, but most likely they can't and if they can it will take years to find something and take years of training.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Bauer - the first Rothschild was born into this clan before changing his sirname to match the red shield above his "business" premises in Germany. The same family whose early "good fortune" came from manipulating and then funding both sides in every major war since and then collecting interest on the loans for many years following (Germans are still paying levies for the First World War just to give you an inkling of the sums involved). Arch parasites of the world along with the rest of the reptiles...they control and manage us like cattle, but produce nothing of value to humanity.

Similar statements came forth from the Eugenicist movement established during the 1920's and this is what led to the term "the useless eaters" during the reign of the Nazis. The first to be exterminated in gas chambers were the physically disabled, the elderly, those with developmental disabilities and later still those who were not classified as Aryan such as the gypsies. The Jews are said by history to have lost 6 million, but there were many millions more who went before them starting in the thirties.

This politician Bauer is a very sick man and clearly lacking in frontal lobe capacity and I would advocate that he be incarcerated in a mental health care setting for the protection of the rest of society

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
ummm..considering our gov't deficit and our trade deficit, and the current economic outlook, I would venture to say WE ARE ALL POOR!! This guy is just too brainwashed to see that!

And, there's alot of working poor out there, so umm......before you all go and starve them maybe you might want to consider weather or not you wish to go without their services to the community?

But, what the heck, I've been saying this for a few years now, drop the social safety net....mainly I've been saying this for so long because I am sick of listening to idiots like this who say such stupid things....ya, go ahead drop the net!!
Over 50% of the revenue going to the healthcare providers in my area is through that safety net....I want to see that healthcare system stand without those funds!!
In some states, around a quarter of it's people are on food stamps, many of these people are working, ya go ahead and stop the flow of the food stamps, I'd love to see how the business sector copes with a bunch of hungry employees eating up the big macs before they make it to the counter!!
And, I would love to see how the housing market makes out without those hud vouchers paying for the insane rent that is the norm! I'd be willing to bet that you would see alot of landlords dumping more houses into the market, once they find out that they can't get crap for their units!

Na, big business needs the poor, and the gov't programs that feed, clothe, and keeps them warm far more than those poor need the programs! and I would bet ten to one, this guy knows it! as most republicans with a brain do! Since, starving, cold, sick, homeless people make crappy employees! and more than likely those starving, cold sick, homeless, people would begin to demand higher wages to solve their problem!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well, the easy route is to see this guy as a greedy, selfish bastard without a conscience. It is easy to get angry and upset over his comments without giving them much thought. It is easy to stereotype him as a "Conservative with no heart for others".

However there is a harder route to take. Just playing Devils Advocate, but does some of the things he says ring true? Not when comparing those living in poverty with stray animals, but more the idea that those who are poor are likely to raise kids that are poor and set off a chain that's unlikely to ever change? I personally have and will continue to give food and beverages to those living in poverty. But I sometimes wonder why some people living in poverty decide to have kids knowing that they won't be able to give their children a happy life. Why have children if you can't raise them in a happy and peaceful environment? (Of course, people with lots of money are just as capable as those without of being bad parents. But it definitely makes life and parenting significantly easier when you have financial security).

[edit on 25/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Well, the easy route is to see this guy as a greedy, selfish bastard without a conscience. It is easy to get angry and upset over his comments without giving them much thought. It is easy to stereotype him as a "Conservative with no heart for others".

However, and just playing Devils Advocate here, is he actually wrong in what he says? Not when comparing those living in poverty with stray animals, but more the idea that those who are poor are likely to raise kids that are poor and set off a chain that's unlikely to ever change? I personally have and will continue to give food and beverages to those living in poverty. But I sometimes wonder why some people living in poverty decide to have kids knowing that they won't be able to give their children a happy life. Why have children if you can't raise them in a happy and peaceful environment?

What about people who had kids while they wee middle class or even rich but later ended up in poverty since roughly 59% of Americans will live in poverty at some time in their lives.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Those are very valid points. Many of the poor today, unfortunately, do fall into that category that you are describing. To those people, I say the system should help them in their time of need just as they helped the system when things were good for them. I was more referring to those that have grown up relying on the system to help them their whole lives without putting in an effort to change things. These individuals deserve less sympathy than those you described above.

But I do acknowledge and agree that unless you have experienced poverty first hand, you cannot begin to understand the mindset of those experiencing it. This is the important message I encourage others to consider whenever they see somebody living in poverty. Try to put yourself in their shoes and understand their situation before you decide to judge them negatively.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

or maybe......
the cost of having and raising kids has gotten so outrageous, having kids is what makes people poor?? in which case, well, do you prefer we all just not have kids, and we can import more people to fill these low paying jobs?

by the way, a family three in NY qualifies for food stamps if their income is under $1,984, I worked that down to an hourly wage of over $12.00. for a time, after a baby is born, a family just may find themselves with no alternative but to have just one earner in the family, since the cost of childcare is more than likely over $4/hr now per child. by the time you take out the childcare and the taxes, well, that one earner just may find themselves having to chip in for the work expense of the other person....they lose money in other words!!

so, do you really think the problem is that the "poor" are just lazy losers, or is the problem really that we have allowed the cost of living to exceed the people's earning potential?
I think it's the latter, and well, consider the cash for clunkers program, the tax "rebates" and the tax "cuts" ect. that have happened in recent times. that was a pure case of people, not buying as much as the gov't wanted, so the gov't stepped in and provided them with an incentive (and money) to spend more...because...this economy doesn't operate too well if the people aren't spending! well, the welfare system has been providing consumers for a very long time.....so hasn't all that cheap credit....strip those two things out of the system, and well...what do you think we will have?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Yes, you also raise some very valid points.

I guess in the near future there will be more poor than middle class and that is when those at the top might decide to take back their words and be more sympathetic to those who are less fortunate.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I know poverty first hand since my parents have been unemployed since february 2009. They have been looking for jobs for a long time now with no success so my dad he is like a handy man and he goes to neighborhoods and asks people if there is anything they need fixed for some money since he was a carpenter and my mom is going to college for sociology degree. They never had to use welfare but once back in 2002 and that was only food stamps. I lived most of my life below the poverty line but now it is really bad. And trust me in Florida you really don't wanna be on welfare since the unemployment maximum is $245 per week. That is why it really pisses me off when people with money talk badly about people without money. I can only speak for my family when it comes to welfare but I don't understand how anybody could actually want to live on welfare.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I have only read the opening post before replying.
In the Holy Bible it states in proverbs...
16:5,Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker:and he that is
glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.

21:13,Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor,he also shall
cry himself,but shall not be heard.

22:16,He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches,and he that
giveth to the rich,shall surely come to want.

I don't think there would be so many on welfare and foodstamps if
our government hadn't given our jobs all away.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Since I got sick of reading some of the poisonous barbs aimed at people Who are poor, I just gotta ask- What do you think a politician IS? It's someone who takes people's money to line their own pockets, and people get nothing for their dollar (Kinda like giving money to Pat Robertson). These scum then go on to retire ON PEOPLE'S MONEY, to live the good life. Therefor not only creating a pull, but a massive pull on taxpayer dollars. And what do the taxpayers get? Nothing for their dollar.

So, what- attack the 'poor', just because they get less money, and have less power? How very nice of certain of you. Why dont you go attack the rich fat SOBs who created the situation many of the poor find themselves in in the first place? Or are you too cowardly, lazy and STUPID to figure that out?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

16:5,Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker:and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished. 21:13,Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor,he also shall cry himself,but shall not be heard. 22:16,He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches,and he that giveth to the rich,shall surely come to want.

Too bad they are only words- because if they weren't, some very powerful people would be suffering, INSTEAD of the poor.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Star and flag for your post. I would bet a lot of people would agree with the Lt. Governor, the term "useless eaters" comes to mind. The truth of the matter is though, there are a great deal of people on Welfare who would not be there is there were jobs to be had, and money to be made. I am one of these myself. I was a over the road truck driver for the last seven years of my working career, and paid out a lot is taxes. A bad wreck ended all that on a cold February day, and forced me to be on disability for the rest of my life. This was through no choice of my own, not my doing, and there are a lot of us like me. I too am against people who just don't want to work, and show up for their food stamps in a $40,000 SUV. I am against a woman who gets pregnant just to get another check from welfare too, that kind of thing is just wrong in anybody's book. I will say one thing, If I could have a job, and a regular paycheck, I would take it in a second. Sadly, though, in my town I know a lot of people who are out of work and on welfare because the only factory in town closed up and went away two years ago. Now the town is filled with empty homes and closed small business places. If blame is to be assigned, let us assign to the ones responsible for this.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We always get hung up on HOW things are said and forget what is being said. If we want to have a real conversation about government welfare programs we need to have tougher skin. The reality is that there are more and more people using the system, as well as, people who generally need help and do not abuse the system. There is no accountability in most of our systems and people that are trying to get TEMPORARY assistance seem to get pushed out for those that are straight up leaching the system. My mother in law has several rental properties with section 8 and all of the residents are abusing it, there is NO over site. Without job training and education linked to welfare you are just feeding stray cats.

A politician should do a better job of stating things, but the fact is people are tired of there tax dollars going to people that do nothing. Sometimes the truth just hurts though and the bible even makes reference to it: “If a man doesn’t work, he doesn’t eat”

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join