It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

observation: all main societal institutions becoming increasingly irrelevant

page: 1

join
share:
g2

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This isn't an attempt to prove anything to anyone, its merely observations that I have made. Perhaps others have seen the same thing. Consciousness is a tricky thing. To be able to be aware of change on a large scale is a process of self selection only, there is no one or no thing that is responsible for that change. There is no logical proof or argument that will 'convince' anyone of things of this nature. This is because not all of us are at the same stage, and, I believe, we are not meant to be.

In nature, using a taoist type perspective, all things change. Most of the time, change is gradual and cyclical, not dramatic. As above so below, etc. It is my belief that this facet of reality operates upon certain templates, not unlike what the kabbalah attempts to describe, so that all things have an underlying structure that makes them similar n terms of an intrinisic nature.

One of the things I have noticed, in terms of an overall change in consciousness and reality underway, is the movement of all societal institutions towards irrelevance. That is, they no longer hold power or cohesion over society, and in fact, have made moves that highlight their impending irrelevance.

Government: Possibly the easiest to see, government is totally irrelevant in the lives of the governed in terms of the govt. providing something of value to the people. In fact, it could be argued that not only is the govt. at large irrelevant, its actually worse than nothing at all. The government serves as the biggest killer, the biggest impediment to people, the biggest overbearing entity that a populace deals with. Its no longer serving its purpose to protect against foreign threats with an army, it itself has become the threat. The govt. takes a huge amount of production from the populace and then uses it to enslave and hobble the populace in a never ending variety of ways. In my opinion, this is beyond irrelevance and crossed into a detriment.

Religion: Across the board, religions have shown to be irrelevant to a person who is seeking the divine. God by proxy or middleman is a model that is absurd on its face. The wholesale scandals involving men of 'god' who are flying in jets, living in riches, filled with inequity and scandal, point again to irrelevance. An interesting exercise is to google 'private aircraft of evangelicals' which will begin to highlight this factor. As well, the pedophile involvement with various other religious groups indicates that they are beyond irrelevance and have crossed the line into hazardous. Another way to put it is to say that nothing at all is better than crooks and pedophiles who claim to have access to God that you must petition them for, rather than discover your own divine connection.

Banking: People have discovered banks make money out of thin air, lend it at a profit, and via usury enslave people to a life of debt. If banks can make money by fiat, so can local governments. Banks who need bailouts from the govt., the people, are by their very nature irrelvant. People would have done better without them.

Media: Completely irreleveant is all media, now that the internet, personal communication devices, etc, all have the story, unedited, long before major media does. IF media served a viable function, that is investigating the people in power, they would have a purpose. They have chosen not to do that, but to cover instead for those in power. They too have become irrelevant to the population as a whole.

Perhaps there are other institutions, such as energy corporations, etc, that are approaching irrelevance.

I believe this tendency will magnify in the time ahead. Maybe you have noticed similar tendencies in other areas?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've noticed and came to 2 conclusions.
1. Take friends family etc Make your own self sustainable society.
2. Trail of bodies.
I prefer 1 but on my off days I do contemplate the latter.
I would say we shouldn't have to pay for energy It was proven long long ago it can be free however you can't price free =(
Media- Worthless waste of time.
Banking- debt=slavery.
Religion- Lacks the ability to look outside of its belief system thus creating ignorant people who spit the bible like God wrote it himself.
I will admit I know some Religious people who are open minded they're okay but I wouldn't try to chat spirituality v religion with them for they would quote the bible until I fell asleep.
My 2 cents.

--- Taoism notice how it's written in riddles?
I think it basically is that way for the purpose of saying you can't just tell others the truth. They have to put in some work too.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2

One of the things I have noticed, in terms of an overall change in consciousness and reality underway, is the movement of all societal institutions towards irrelevance. That is, they no longer hold power or cohesion over society, and in fact, have made moves that highlight their impending irrelevance.

g2, I have to agree with you..

I think we are on the cusp of moving into a new paradigm.....the old 'societal institutions' are completely outdated...and antiquated..

As more and more people start waking up to the lies that they have swallowed, their consciousness rises.....this is happening on a global scale...

PEACE and LOVE...

new topics

join