It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for old TV series title help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I recall a TV series from around the early to mid 80’s that I would like to try and find any help would be appreciated.

In this series it was as if the father and his daughter or a friend found a way to travel to another dimension very similar to this one only with many twists. The main character the scientist who was also a father (of children not the religious type) carried a dollar bill on him and it always showed the pyramid all Seeing Eye part. He seemed to be looking for the way to get back to here by trying to find this pyramid that had the secrets/path to getting back. The dollar bill was important though as if it was his map or key somehow.

No this is not the old Land of the Lost series. But I believe the man either had one or two children with him or carried their pictures. Or it might have just been a companion; it has been so many years it is difficult to remember. Anyone know the title of this program?

It was on around the same time years wise as manimle
www.imdb.com...
Also it was close to the time that the original V was on the air
www.imdb.com...

Seeing as how the marvelous people here at ATS/BTS helped the last time I was looking for movie titles from around that time I am hoping I can get some help here as well.

Raist

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Shot in the dark answer..

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Ah, no. Good guess though, and a great show. I used to love that show as well.

I pretty much don’t watch a lot of stuff on TV these days. I guess that is why I am starting to try and find shows I used to watch and love long ago.

Thanks for the guess though. I think the show I am looking for hinted at an Illuminati/NOW thing because of the importance of the pyramid/all Seeing Eye on the back of the dollar bill.

I do wonder why only certain things seem to stick in my mind the most about old shows. Certain things from the original V always stuck with me so much so I went and found them on DVD.

Thanks again.
Raist

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think you are thinking of Otherworld...one of my personal faves....

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

Love the opening theme....and I love my cheesy 80's sci fi shows...

I actually found this on DVD somewhere (wife got it for me)...and she was rolling her eyes as I rewatched them...

I usually consider myself an expert on obscure 80's tv shows, so if this is somehow wrong, I just won't know what to do with myself.....

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You know I think you might be correct. I will have to look into getting to view some of a show to make sure, or at least try to lol. It sounds from the readings that it is it.

I love the scifi shows from that era as well. I recently have been on a kick to get a hold of movies and TV shows from that age. It is funny how some parts of these movies and shows stick in my head and have always been there, but I cannot remember the names or much else than a few details. I think a lot of these shows I am really interested in seeing again are one of the reasons I got into conspiracies to begin with.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Raist

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You were correct that is the show.

Sadly though it was never officially released on DVD. The website states there are DVD available but only from those who have recorded it off of the scifi channel and several minutes of each episode are missing to make room for commercials.

You can go to the web site and watch each episode there.
www.otherworldonline.org...
From further research it seems the canceled the show after 8 episodes in the U.S. but there might be 13 episodes that aired elsewhere. The last episode of course would have them coming home. Man how I would love to find all 13 episodes or even an official release DVD of the original 8.

Thanks again though for your help.

Raist

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here's a cast pic, if it helps:

EDIT: You're welcome. I'll have to check my DVDs and see how many episodes I have...I think it's likely just the 8 though...

There were so many great (well, cheesy, but nostalgic) 80's shows...

Manimal
Automan
Wizard
Mr. Merlin
Powers of Matthew Starr
Misfits of Science (young Courtney Cox)
Wizards and Warriors
Buck Rogers
Phoenix (another one I found DVDs for, but not so great quality)
and many others....

I often lump Covington Cross in there (but I think it was in the early 90's), it's a medieval dramedy...like a family type dramedy, but in the dark ages, hehe...

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well thumbs up to all involved.There was a period in my "employment" with the government I was required to reside out of the country.

I have heard and read about television series and shows that I have never heard of.

Some times I think I too lived in an"otherworld".

I am downloading the series now with Realplayer.

I'll watch them later instead of the repetitive crap staged reality shows they are trying to jam into our heads.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I loved Buck Rogers and Manimal.

There was also the The Incredible Hulk; I have to admit I was a bit of a fan of the old investigator shows. Things like Simon & Simon, Airwolf, A-Team, MacGyver were all great. I guess as a kid I watched a lot of TV come to think of it. It seems like we had a lot more time back then. Even though I watched all these shows I still recall spending plenty of time outside pretending to be these same people.

There were plenty of other shows. The 80’s even though a bit corny had some nice shows that somehow got replaced with the stuff of today that is considered good television.

Ah the good ole days.
Raist

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Simon & Simon, Airwolf, A-Team, MacGyver....

Yep (well, early MacGyver, later stuff was too sappy)...

How about Tales of the Gold Monkey, Bring Em Back Alive, Scarecrow & Mrs. King (ahh...when I first wanted to be a spy)...

And of course, who could forget the Love Boat/Fantasy Island night! Da Plane! Da Plane!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Remember the "babe of the week" shows...? Shows where our hero would help a different damsel in distress each week? (Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, Riptide, BJ & the Bear?)

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
No I don’t remember that. May have been very early 80’s or something on a different channel. Of course at that time we only had 3 channels to chose from lol.

Raist

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Another great show I just thought about.

Werewolf from 1987 aired on Fox. That was a nice series as well.
www.imdb.com...

Raist

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You'd probably like Moon Lake too then...about a town of Werewolves. I'm sure a simple Google will turn it up. Interestingly enough, the main vampire of Vampire Diaries, plays a kid werewolf in this slightly older series (early to mid 90's maybe?)....

The older Indian narrator is a riot (especially in the final episodes)....

(yes, babe of the week shows were late 70's, early 80's)....

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ah I was born 1975 lol.

A bit early for me then. I guess that is why I have trouble recalling more detail about a lot of the movies, TV shows from the early 80’s. But that also shows the type of stuff I was watching at that age and how it might have shaped my mind toward the conspiracy beliefs I have.

Raist

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Correction, the show is Wolf Lake, not Moon Lake....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have this show recorded from the SciFi (now Syfy) channel and transferred to DVDs. Email me at [email protected] and I will make a copy of it and send it to you.

join