It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'to keep' parts of West Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Israel 'to keep' parts of West Bank

english.aljazeera.net

During a tree planting ceremony in a West Bank settlement, Binyamin Netanyahu said that parts of the territory would kept by Israel under any final peace agreement reached with the Palestinians.

"Our message is clear: We are planting here, we will stay here, we will build here, this place will be an inseparable part of the state of Israel forever," he said.

Netanyahu also pledged that Israel would keep its two biggest settlements in the West Bank, Maale Adumim and Ariel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Secret Israeli Defence Millitary database shows full extent of illegal settlements
Israel angers U.S. by approving new West Bank homes
East Jerusalem should be Palestinian capital, says EU draft paper
China criticizes new Israeli move on settlements

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Israeli prime minister's comments came as George Mitchell, the US envoy visited Israel in an attempt to restart negotiations between the Palestinians and Israel.

I am getting this correct Israel will keep the illegal settlement (two largest which are part of West Bank) and want's to start diplomatic process over that...Why not just say it want's to continue things like they are untill it kills every Palestinian and take over their remaining land? Sheesh!!

United Nations has already passed several resolutions demanding Israel to withdraw it's illegal settlement. Even a EU envoy ago warned against this last December:

EU envoys: Israel trying to sever East Jerusalem from West Bank

====================================

This news just came in after there were recent clashes with
IDF on Saturday as they protested Israel's policy of restricting their access to their farmland.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is not surprising. They are never gonna stop. Their is this sense of entitlement that the Nation of Israel has demonstrated time and again. It will only end when Israel has full control over Gaza and West Bank with no Palestinians left on Israeli land. The world seems content to just sit back and watch it happen lest a detractor be labeled anti-semitic. I can only hope when it is finally over and done with that , it will be done. That Israel will be satisfied and end their madness with Gaza and West Bank. I do not see Jordan or Lebanon being conquered and the resulting war would be yet another pointless exercise avoidable atrocities.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

Yeh' I think what you say may come true unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I guess it doesn't enter the Israeli mindset that the Palestinian people were there hundreds if not thousands of years before them, planting trees, building homes, raising families...

"Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves ... politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves... The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country." -- David Ben Gurion, a Founder of Israel, 1938

S+F for keeping the situation at the forefront.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by amance

So were the Indians in the US, we didn't give it all back to them either. The poor Palestinians are not the innocent bystanders that had their land stolen from them that people say they are either.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

What happened to the American Indians was a travesty worse than what Isreal is doing to the Palestinians. The US government should give land back to the American Indians. This is why I work towards awareness of both atrocities.

What did the Palestinians do to deserve their land being stolen from them in 1948?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by amance

I think what your not realizing is that's not how this world works. Hamas would be better off if they understood that concept as well. If your going to fight for your beliefs then you had better be prepared to lose everything. Hamas fights, then they cry and expect the international community to pressure Israel into backing off.

Hamas isn't exactly in a position to be making demands or being stingy with the negotiations. Do you guys realize what kinds of deals Japan and Germany were forced to take? That's because they lost! That's how these things work. You accept the deal; be grateful for what you got and move on.

new topics

top topics

join