It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens might not be friendly, warns astronomer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Aliens might not be friendly, warns astronomer

www.telegraph.co.uk

Scientists searching for alien life should get governments and the UN involved lest we unwittingly contact hostile extraterrestrials, a British astronomer has warned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

heres a link that would tie this story together?
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
_javascript:getPage('exopolitics_extraterrestrialfalseflag01_video03.htm',430,355);

[edit on 24-1-2010 by enca78]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Looks like things are speeding up towards some kind of ufo disclosure. We have scientists re examining meteor samples, various programs and films pointing or should i say softening the blow. The vatican held a conference regarding the implications regarding the impact on the church. Everything seems to point to this.
Although Dr carol rosin did say that she was told by Dr von braun that the next threat or false flag call it what you will was an ET threat or an asteroid threat.
First the russians
then the terrorists then the threat from rogue nations, then an asteroid threat then the ET threat? Seems like im posting this article where the seeds are already being sewn?
I forgot to mention the program on bbc3 tuesday 9pm I believe in UFO`s
www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

Seems that this decade may be it, 2009 was a great year, and i think 2010 will blow it out of the water.

Lots of talk about it nowadays, gonna be a fun ride

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think a good time for UFO disclosure would be after we end the war on terror.

War on terror ends. War on ET life begins. War machine triggers one world government.

Hmmmm.....maybe there is something to this disclosure after all.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

everyday people keep insisting on this site that disclosure in the near future is a joke or a fantasy at best.

articles like these, and other very controversial mainstream events in the not so distinct past, are making me think twice.

i am not the one to insist that disclosure will no doubt happen.

but hey, since when did it hurt to keep an open mind?

if disclosure happens, i know the ball is rolling so to speak on my own personal conspiracy theory beliefs.

if anyone announces negative hostile ET's i don't think it will be a good thing, and not in the way that you might assume.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Dave157]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
hmm i think we might be getting closer and closer.. i dont doubt that the government has had contact with ETs though.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

Apparently the ultimate goal according to Dr carol rosin is having weapons in space. These weapons are more advanced than we will ever know. They will also use them to obtain the upper hand in global control. The story may seem far fetched to those without an open mind but it all ties in with everything thats happening now and recently.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

yes this is along the lines of what i was thinking, using the negative ET's as a reason to turn space into a battle ground so to speak.

who knows though.

i and just verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy interested to see how this year plays out.
with the Olympics happening now, than the world cup in the summer. opens the door for alot of advertising/disinformation

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Only naughty children are scared of a mature adult supervising their play.

The bully convinces all the other children that they will somehow be punished.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

I honestly believe this year is the year where everything changes. Hopefully for the better. The evidence that something is happening is there for us all to see. Those who are interested and aware will see because they know what they are looking for.
Theres simply too many coincidences that relate to disclosure, but not only this but to a global overhaul of the way we live, the way we survive, the gap between the rich and the poor. Those that have everything to those that have very little. Along with imminent disclosure would come technologies where the poor starving children we see on the tv will all be a thing of the past, but at the same time be a stark reminder of what we used to be.
Global peace and harmony., where everyones an equal.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Humans might be even MORE unfriendly!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
silly mortals, you are not contacting anything. they know you are here and they're so close they can taste you, literally. and what do you think your government will accomplish? they own you, all of you.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
All good

we need an enemy really bad, we have an amazing capacity for war, left alone it's nothing but bad news...

"Whence do you come, killer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?" Gospel of Mary

Wrath leaves us 2 choices.... pick one

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i like that, get the UN involved.
i wasnt aware the UN had an interplanetary fleet of ships and space weaponry to defend us.

or maybe the aliens need to be sterilised and cant find a good clinic? or they have a fascination with how to keep order with troops in a 3rd world country?
if not, then im not exactly sure how the UN will be expected to help..

OH i get it now, sanctions! "no more invasions at some point in the future if thats okay with you or we wont be very happy"

go UN!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That's exactly what I've been saying for awhile. All this time we're scared of finding a malevolent race out there. When in all reality, WE are the malevolent race. Our world is torn apart by hatred, violence, wars, evil, etc.

Wanna worry about a malevolent race? Look in the mirror.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What a cool news report! This isn't just good old alien nut-job talk on the news, it's different...

more experts argue that the search for intelligent life should be stepped up.

Cuz' we sure as hell lack intelligent life lately. Seriously though, why should it be stepped up now, with all the crisis 'n stuff?

This week a two-day conference is being held at the Royal Society in London, titled, 'The detection of extraterrestrial life and the consequences for science and society.'

I find that interesting...

There is also an astrobiology conference in Texas in April at which new methods of detecting aliens will be discussed.

Mmm... Astrobiology...

Professor Simon Conway Morris, a Cambridge University evolutionary biologist, will be talking at the Royal Society on 'Predicting what extraterrestrial life will be like – and preparing for the worst."

We'll have hostile alien invasion drills!

Some scientists are puzzled as to why no messages have been sent back even though humans have been transmitting radio and television signals for the last century.

But I feel somehow "scientists" are gonna solve that puzzle sometime soon...

The surest sign of intelligent life in universe is the fact it won't contact us

[edit on 24/1/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
What a cool news report! This isn't just good old alien nut-job talk on the news, it's different...

more experts argue that the search for intelligent life should be stepped up.

Cuz' we sure as hell lack intelligent life lately. Seriously though, why should it be stepped up now, with all the crisis 'n stuff?

This week a two-day conference is being held at the Royal Society in London, titled, 'The detection of extraterrestrial life and the consequences for science and society.'

I find that interesting...

There is also an astrobiology conference in Texas in April at which new methods of detecting aliens will be discussed.

Mmm... Astrobiology...

Professor Simon Conway Morris, a Cambridge University evolutionary biologist, will be talking at the Royal Society on 'Predicting what extraterrestrial life will be like – and preparing for the worst."

We'll have hostile alien invasion drills!

Some scientists are puzzled as to why no messages have been sent back even though humans have been transmitting radio and television signals for the last century.

But I feel somehow "scientists" are gonna solve that puzzle sometime soon...

The surest sign of intelligent life in universe is the fact it won't contact us

[edit on 24/1/2010 by SassyCat]

A two-day conference at the Royal Society in London, titled, "The detection of extraterrestrial life and the consequences for science and society."??

Hmmm... Something huge on the horizon...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think steven hawking said aswell, that if we did make first contact, it wouldn't be on friendly terms. I mean what can we possibly possess that any ET life form would want besides our natural resources? And honestly they sure won't ask for them either. It would be systematic extermination, and seriously anybody will tell you that you first learn your enemy before you attack, and I am sure "they" would be well prepared to deal with all of our "Advanced weaponry".
.. Honestly tho, maybe if said senario does happen, we will prevail and this could be the event what unites us all? altho truthfully, the latter seems more likely.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Yeah, i think too. The amount of UFO/ET data/information that has been spilled at the MSM and public since 2009 is enourmous and silly compared to previous years and it's growing rapidly. It's getting more and more interesting lately. With the motherships around the Sun and all...Obama will be having a presidential speech soon too...hm..hm...2010 will be the year of disclosure no doubt...only question is...good guys or bad guys make it first?

[edit on 24/1/10 by Cybernet]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The_truth_is_stranger

Originally posted by The_truth_is_stranger
I think steven hawking said aswell, that if we did make first contact, it wouldn't be on friendly terms. I mean what can we possibly possess that any ET life form would want besides our natural resources?

Mr Hawkins has a point of course but he is also being led by much speculation and perhaps he is also allowing himself to think in too linear terms. I know he is a top notch scientist and has a mind that makes mine look like mud but in the same token he may be sailing too high cerebrally speaking in that he does not seem to realise that he is possibly being very quick to cast an extraterrestrial mindset with the same brush that he would use for humanity on earth.

We might be willing and able to use a lesser culture for its resources and to treat them as nothing more than a pest or a resource too but much has to be argued about the social makeup and psychological motivations of an extraterrestrial species before we can tar them with the same regressive brush we might paint ourselves with.

Originally posted by The_truth_is_stranger
And honestly they sure won't ask for them either. It would be systematic extermination, and seriously anybody will tell you that you first learn your enemy before you attack, and I am sure "they" would be well prepared to deal with all of our "Advanced weaponry".

I could not even speculate to the weaponry and tactics of an extraterrestrial species but if I was to speculate then I would have thought that a long term programme of secret infiltration would bring much more rewards than to unleash the dogs of war so to speak.

This is a little concerning to think like that because personally I do believe that not only have extraterrestrials been visiting us but that they are living among us and their operation of abduction and interbreeding with humans has given them a definite advantage. If their plans involve conquest then a “hybrid” would know how to play us and what better position to be placed than right at the heart of government. Multiply such infiltrators a million fold and we have problems – if their infiltration is negative for us of course and I am still on the fence regarding that point.

I also agree though that if they did just appear in the skies with intent to conquer us then it would not be a war but a genocide, systematic and quick because a species that can cross space would have weapons systems we could not even begin to imagine. I think our atomic and laser weapons would be brushed aside, barley eliciting an extraterrestrial frown.

Originally posted by The_truth_is_strangerHonestly tho, maybe if said senario does happen, we will prevail and this could be the event what unites us all? altho truthfully, the latter seems more likely.

If an invasion did happen in the true meaning of the word then I think that it would be fair to surmise that we could be as united as one and it would not matter at all because a united tribe of Cro-Magnon man could not stand against a squad of fully equipped Marines no matter how united or motivated they might be.

Just giving a free ride to my imagination of course, I doubt that we are to be invaded – rather I suspect that we are to be included, not subjugated and I only hope I live to see it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join