It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't I fly............?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have had thousands of lucid dreams in which I can jump up in the air and fly; fly through closed doors, windows and walls.

Then why can't I fly in real time?

Note: I have never flown through water in my dreams, only over top it!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wings may be a contributing factor tbh

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
because unlike in your dreams humans are to heavy to fly take a look at a birds bone structure then you will have more and understaning simple really

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
In my dream's I've been a millionaire, killed zombies and have even stopped a few alien invasions, plus a few unmentionable dreams around the age of 12.

My point being, these are dreams and in dreams.. Anything can happen.

When those eyes open in the morning it's sadly back to reality my friend.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Air Force Ron
I have had thousands of lucid dreams in which I can jump up in the air and fly; fly through closed doors, windows and walls.

Then why can't I fly in real time?

Note: I have never flown through water in my dreams, only over top it!

When you find out... U2U me! I have had this issue for awhile. Fun to try when drunk though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Air Force Ron

well sir humans dont have wings so we cant fly without machines.

you do realize how silly your question is right?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

i can only hope you are not for real with this. in that case i along with the fine folks here at ATS frown on you. if you are however being serious than i might sugest maybe a library or maybe even google. the science of flight is not a new discovery. there are many factors involved and humans do not have a single one of the nessecery elements with out help from some other device.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by PApro]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Man you have been posting some weird threads today.

You claim in another thread to be ex air force which I'm not saying isn't true but to then ask this question seems to me like a bit of a star and flag hunt is going on.

Just my opinion

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You can't fly in real time because you don't BELIEVE you can.

That's my opinion. The collective experience determines what and what does not exist in waking reality. If everybody in the world believe that we were blue, we'd be blue.

Creative visualization..

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PApro

I am trying to discern if there is a link to the act of flying in a state of dreaming, and actually applying it to real life.

I am not being "comical." So all haters can keep their derogatory comments to themselves.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

im not a hater. im just compleastly baffeled how you could ask such a question. i have to imagin that if u were infact in the air force than your plenty old enough to know how and y ppl dont fly.

what do u mean exactly by finding a link between them,
because for you in your dream you may just spead your arms and fly while in my dreams i have to run first and jump off a large cliff.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You can float in space but cannot fly from my ground without mechanical help.

Perhaps this may cheer you up

NASA Announces Designs for Personal Flying Suit

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PApro

I am new to ATS. And yes..............I am an Air Force vet. Regardless of how old a person is, doesn't mean they don't have questions that may seem childish to some.

But they are still "my" questions.............and I'm entitled to them. just like you are entitled to your response.

Maybe being on this site for a couple of years makes one an expert, but I doubt it. From what I've seen, the posts here on ATS are nothing more than speculations and theories, ambiguos at best.

So, I will ask my questions, even if "silly."

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, if you follow the logic of your last thread, maybe it's because your poles aren't correctly aligned lol

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have no idea what You're all on about. Humans can fly! Jump out of an Aeroplane, you can fly for a couple of minutes before you find Gravity slams you into the ground at 120mph..

Ask plenty of people who have flown when their Parachutes don't open. I bet they don't recommend it.

new topics

top topics

join