It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PDF help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How do I make a link to a PDF file I have on my computer? I want to put a link to a book PDF I have on a blog I write. I have never done it and I cant figure it out.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I believe you'll have to upload it to a file hosting site, or possibly to the blog site if there is an option there. There are many free hosting sites, and I don't want to post any links, as I don't want to promote one site over the other.

But I'm almost 100% that you will have to upload it to a hosting site, and can't link to a file on your computer itself.

I'm sure others can help you if I'm wrong.

Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes you need to host it somewhere.Try www.scribd.com it is pretty good.
PDF Hosting site.
Just create an account.

If it is a PDF you created should be no problem.If it is something someone else wrote Scribd may reject it do to copy write issues.

With Scribd you can even embed the file on your blog.Visitors can read it right there.

And why did you ask this question of us here at BTS without including a link to your blog!

Do you not think we are worthy?

[edit on 24-1-2010 by calcoastseeker]

[edit on 24-1-2010 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Thanks!

I didnt link it here because it is my myspace and I only let people I know read my blogs on there. Most of the things I blog about are topics I comment about here on ATS anyways so it's nothing new. I just want my non-ats friends to know a few things too
Many of my friends dont read ATS and yet they are always asking about certain topics they know I read about and I always tell them to read ATS but for whatever reason they dont, so I post blogs about certain topics to inform my friends.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I will except that as a reasonable answer.Did the link to the pdf file storage work out for you?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
But I'm almost 100% that you will have to upload it to a hosting site, and can't link to a file on your computer itself.

Well I suppose you could host it your self - what you would need is a computer that is set up as a server, it would always be on (or the website(s) it was hosting would be down).

But for a single file that would be a bit over the top!

I was once gonna dedicate an old desktop as a server, just to know how it was done... was gonna put it under the stairs probably running one of the linux distros... But at the time I could barely afford milk and eggs let alone keeping the meter key fed with credit!

top topics

join