It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we make enemies and foes with a quickness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hello ATS. Ever since I joined this site I have made good friends with those that I talk to and pop up randomly on there posts to support or question what they have posted. With friends come enemies as well. I am talking about the foes that we make at the end or during a thread that end up on your list of enemies. Now im guessing that they must have done one of the following to end up on someones's foe list.

1. Ignorance- Sometimes dealing with closed minds is just intolerable and just want to add them as foe so they remember who they are dealing with in the future.

2. Insults- A lot of people here are just down right mean and insult the OP or other members by calling them a troll or just call them stupid. I hardly ever insult anyone here on ATS which is probably why I have not made any enemies so far.

3. Hate- Everyone hates once in a while and do it with a passion. Whether it be for other members getting lots of $tars or flags they will come to a thread and try to rain on their parade by saying they need more proof or saying that the OP is a faker. Why all the hostilities?

4. The hit list- I also notice that some will make a foe list just so they can tell which member is good at posting and which are just garbage. This is probaly the less threatening of foeing someone as its just to make sure they don't deal with a lot of rubbish but it can vary in many different ways.

5. Religion- When someone tell's another that their religion is inferior or just a fabrication they foe them so fast that god himself is impressed
. I am sometimes guilty of this but not to the point that others notice somehow.

There is more to add to the list but im sure you guys know what im talking about. With all this said, we should not hate each other or tell people that they are retarded. We should help each other deny ignorance and topple TPBT by expressing freedom of speech. If we can unite as one and figure out the facts from faction then there is no limit to what we can learn in this lifetime and future generations. Always remember that its never too late to unfoe someone and have a fresh start to a possible new friendship. Don't let your hate towards someone cloud your judgement and let them show you that change isn't such a bad thing. Learn to make friends instead of enemies.

Edit: Does anyone want to add their 2 cents on the topic?

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I find your post less clear, but your title asks simply:

Why do we make enemies with a quickness?

well.. it is likely a genetic thang.... because the ones who are slower, tend to get eaten...
If you mistake a wind driven piece of grass for a predator and attack it... you will survive!
But if you fail to notice a predator, thinking it is a bit of wind driven grass... you may end up as dinner.

Thus genetic selection would explain it.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Nice thread Stop-Loss

I agree it’s by far better to add friends than foes isn’t it, I don’t get the member who add thousands of people as foes it just seems like a waste of time, ATS is a much more exciting and worthwhile place when you stop hating and start enjoying your experience here.

Star and Flag

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Indeed my friend. It seems to be like that in reality as well. They always want to judge you by the first words you speak. I don't have foes because I learn from others mistakes and apply them to real life situations. $tar for you homie.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

I forgot to add foes on the title but im still trying to make threads better then my previous one.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

It is, to my way of thinking, an all too easy thing to do. Finding fault with others, that is. In fact, your post may well represent part of the problem you are trying to articulate.

It's true; we don't have a lot of room for the opinions and outlook of others.

Now, on one point in particular:

3. Hate- Everyone hates once in a while and do it with a passion. Whether it be for other members getting lots of $tars or flags they will come to a thread and try to rain on their parade by saying they need more proof or saying that the OP is a faker. Why all the hostilities?

I disagree. Hate is an extreme emotion. Most people do not even know what true hate really is but... because the current political-speak applies this word as a tool, we have come to a point of severe misunderstanding.

Real hate is, after all, the opposite of true love and most of us know what a rare commodity that is. Some will go their entire lives without ever realizing what a genuine, deep love is.

I submit that hate is equally as rare and it is only our simplistic acceptance of current thought-trends that has us applying this word to situations where it does not come close to belonging.

Life is short. If we had any notion of just how short... before we got closer to the far end of it, we would spend a lot less time worrying about what others think, and more on how we ourselves are living it.

Best

EDIT: typos (sigh)

[edit on 24-1-2010 by redoubt]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Very true on todays problems. I use to have a deep hate for the Iraqis for what they did to my friends in the past and lets just say that hate is a very strong emotion to carry into battle, but im done being violent and now I seek peace and love. Thanks for the reply, $tar for you.

top topics

join