It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What first opened your eyes to the TPTB?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hi fellow ATSers this thread is about "Who, what when" did you awaken from your sleep to discover how we are manipulated pyscologically and physically by the TPTB?

Firstly i gotta say that it took me a while to remember how and what give me the impotus to research this particular subject and how far down the rabbit hole it would lure me. After some hard thought i remembered it was 9/11 which was the event that started me on this painstaking research of secret society's, corruption, ancient civilisation etc

I showed this video to my friend quite recently, i hadnt seen him for over 5 years as he lives in Australia but after watching this and some others he really couldn't believe it. It kinda shocks me how we all live in a bubble of media induced psychosis until oneday someone or something pops that bubble and all you feel is hatred for the system, helplessness and seclusion were the only comfort or conversation can be only undertaken on sites like these.

So after years of research and talking to people who look at you like your mad, what is the next stage?

Its all well and good talking about what these scum are doing but what do we do about it?

Like many have said we need to awaken the sheeple as only by shear numbers of "awaken" people can change society and the way we live our lives.

So i urge people to download films by Alex jones, David Icke, Jordan Maxwell and the like and post them through doors, facebook, twitter, anywhere you can think of because its action whats needed now not chat.

I hope some of you will post videos that opened your eyes and maybe some of you will be motivated into going onto the streets and posting DVD's through doors like i have, because in the end its the actions of the "awaken" that will determine the outcome of this war for your mind.........!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kayne1982

For me it was early 2005. Up until that point, I was virtually "asleep", or just another sheep in the herd.

Before then, I believed some conspiracy theories made sense and had some merit, but that's where I would leave it and go about my day. How far did my ignorance go? I voted for George W. Bush.

Then one day I came across a video which suggested George H.W. and George W. Bush were complicit in JFK's and JFK Jr's assassinations, respectively. At first
I thought the ideas presented in the video were rather radical, "out there" and just plain ridiculous.
Then I remembered that both Bush's admitted to being members of the Skull and Bones and I began to connect some dots. The video I watched made sense after all. What better way to prove yourself worthy to a secret society/brotherhood than to commit atrocious acts of murder/blood sacrifices? After JFK's assassination, George HW Bush's political career was paved, making it all the way to President of the United States.

During Bush's presidential campaign in '99, GWB disappeared for 3 days. The days he disappeared for just happened to be the same time JFK Jr's plane went down.

Here's a snippet from www.theforbiddenknowledge.com... who quotes the Omaha Herald from 7/17/1999.

"Kennedy’s plane went into the sea at 10:00 on Friday night, July 16, 1999. Bush was involved in a heated campaign, which he was losing in New Hampshire. He was constantly in public and constantly surrounded by reporters, so it’s easy to figure out where he was. Right? Wrong! According to the Omaha World Herald (7/17/99), on July 16th Bush was flipping pancakes Friday morning in Des Moines, but he boarded a bus and disappeared for the entire weekend. On Saturday, July 18th, reporters looking for a comment from Bush confronted a fumbling spokesperson who was unable to say when Bush would be available for comment. (Newsday, 7/19/99, A19) Bush finally called a press conference on Monday, to offer condolences. "

After the information was fully absorbed and and thoroughly analyzed and reviewed, I decided to look into all sorts of conspiracies, from the NWO, to 9/11 to UFO to the moonlanding. Yep I guess that makes me a paranoid schizo or a mentally unstable crazed goon who needs treatment for not following the flock anymore.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Let's see...

I suppose for me it would probably be around 2005. Thinking back, it was because of the war in the Middle East. After 9/11, I supported Bush and what he was doing. I was angry about what happened, and worst of all, I was very young. But slowly, I realized on my own that the war was bologna. So, I began looking at it a little more closely. This is when I began to discover 9/11 truth compilations, the histories of powerful families like Rockefeller and (obviously) Bush, etc. This was when I TRULY discovered that such powers truly did exist (and started truly believing in them, as well, instead of "Its possible, but..." as was my view before).

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Actually I was a teenager at the time, and I was introduced to certain friends of my fathers. One happened to be an ex CIA agent who told stuff that could have gotten him killed. Like who really fired that shot from the bushes....etc. When my father built some bugging devices for a certain hotel etc. However, its only been in the past couple of years that I've learned who the real PTB are.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Early last year, I caught a History Channel special on the Bilderberg Group - from then it's been non-stop research - I only found ATS 4 months ago -thankful I did - best resource of all.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The first thing to open my eyes was "Zeitgiest", which eventually lead me to Alex Jones "Endgame"

After awhile you start to realize these mainstream sources usually have their own agendas. For example, i loved Zeitgeist until the second Zeitgeist came out, and started speaking of a utopian society where machines did all the work and crime was non-existant. Meanwhile their main web page asked for donations to the Venus project.

Now I usually get my info from friends and more down to Earth sources, but i still enjoy a bit of AJ and others.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The patriot act!!!!!! for all of you that know me I am not a lover of Obama by any means but alot of you don't know I hate Bush just as much they are the same in my mind. It is all a means to an end they will use whatever they can including--- race,war,poverty,fear,disease,anger,hate,love,peace,worship,god,family to get the progressive utopia they dream of wake up and smell the end of the world as we know it. The time is close at hand when the truth is so easy to see.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My first realization was as a child from zoning laws.
let me explain.

I was around 11 yrs old and my dad had just bought some foreclosed property for an investment with a few friends of his to fix up and re-sell.
I was commenting to one of his friends that i wanted to buy a field nearby and build a complete castle with keep drawbridge and swimming moat.
he told me even if i had the land and the money that i couldn't because of zoning laws.

I just want a good old-fashioned swimming moat,is that so wrong??
And i started digging from there and the rabbit hole just kept getting deeper.
that must've been 1980 ish so i was turning 11 yrs old.

research was SO much more difficult with the card catalog but at least it didn't track your every move.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The 2004 Presidential election. It was weird, I just kind of woke up.

Also when George Bush Senior was making a speech on TV, state of the union I guess, and he mentioned the "New World Order" it lit a fire under my butt. Cant remember the year, but I remember it well.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by PatriotG]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I guess all through my life, little things that didn't make since. Things that said to me, we are supposed to be free, but this isn't freedom. The fact that you never truly own your own home or vehicle outright. Just a lot of little things. I tried to be asleep. Lord knows I tried. I just wanted to lead my life in ignorant bliss, but it seemed like no matter how hard I tried it wasn't meant to be. Then one day I got hit over the head with the proverbial sledge hammer. I ended up the innocent victim of some corruption going on in my county. I tried to play along with their games hoping it would all go away, but in my naivety, I asked a few questions I thought were harmless. I was later told those questions shined a light on a truth that the didn't want exposed. I had no choice but to wake up after that. I actually mourned my "asleepness"
Once I found other like minded folks it became easier. Now I am glad I am awake.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kayne1982

When I accepted Jesus as my Saviour in 1995.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't remember what year it was, but certainly before Oliver Stone's JFK came out, probably the mid-1980s..
When I realized there were too many answers I didnt believe about the murder of John F Kennedy.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
1994...I bought a small, battery operated am/fm/weather band/shortwave radio for camping and fishing. Had it for about 6 months and one rainy day, I took it out to see what I could find on shortwave...WOW.
I found preachers speaking on govt.conspiracies and satanism, militias broadcasting UN/NWO takeovers and preparedness, WWCR broadcasting the Bible and alternative news about JFK assassination, fake moon landings, the 666 chip implant, the coming financial collapse, oneworld govt., and my outlook on things has never been the same. 6 months later, I finally came out of my bunker... lol

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hmm. First thing was when I saw David Icke on TV. He was pretty much there to say junk, but it got me to go online and look him up. That's when I heard his whole reptilian theory, which I guess led me to the NWO theory. But the real starter was when I turned the TV on to watch 20/20, and the station seemed to be hijacked. There was like a 2 hour speech about how humans and aliens together have bases on the moon and on mars. Then they showed a more main-stream style documentary about who really shot JFK.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It was when I first read the word TPTB and didn't know what it stood for. So I Googled TPTB and it opened the can of worms.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i saw a

UFO

Its been all rabbit hole ever since.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bananarama

But the real starter was when I turned the TV on to watch 20/20, and the station seemed to be hijacked. There was like a 2 hour speech about how humans and aliens together have bases on the moon and on mars.

Say what?! First I've ever heard of this.

[edit on 1/27/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I was around 18, 7 years ago. many bored late nights on the internet.
My cousin being an anarchist, googled anarchist, found the cookbook, found this website (couple years later). bout it really.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
marijuana.

i understood from age 16 that i was being persecuted for something that is completely natural, a plant. through reading up on laws on that subject, i came to find sites like ATS and other general things that opened my eyes. i knew from the start we as a race and nation were being screwed, i just had no idea to the extent.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SRHAZE420

That's funny. When i started getting into all this stuff, I pretty much quit smoking. It was too hard to keep it all straight and explain it to anybody.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join