It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Life After Death (YES!)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Care to share more than having a golden feeling? What happened?

reply to post by earthdude

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
You can just do '___' to find out.

reply to post by Bluebelle

I hope you know '___' has nothing to do with a NDE. The effects are too different. There are a few similarities, but not enough for '___' to be reason for a NDE.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Enjoyed all the good replies. Very intresting, liked some of you guys insight on things.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So you've done '___'?

Here's another great NDEr video interview:

www.youtube.com...

reply to post by Maddogkull

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Yes I have, I will not go into detail, because it is not allowed on this forum. You can feel free to PM me about it if you like.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Now I will definately buy into the existence of an afterlife if the leader is called 'Mjumgahellagoodtimea'.

But on a serious note, if they can say whether such a place actually exists then there's no reason that at some point in the future, studies cant be conducted to retrieve more info then there's a white light and someone judges us on how we've acted. If the afterlife is going to be treated as something that does exist then it needs some serious, in-depth analysis to determine things such as the basic structure of it, who or what does/doesnt go there etc.

Or alternatively they could recruit volunteers to be taken to the brink of death by whatever method, to see whats actually going off.
I would not be one of those volunteers though, if I die and thats it then I wont be around to feel crap about it all, and if there is an afterlife then it'll be a nice little suprise. So Im quite content not knowing for sure.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
Care to share more than having a golden feeling? What happened?

I was 12 and our heater vent was clogged. I died of carbon monoxide poisoning. I was trying to get to the door, knowing I would feel better outside. I fell down a few feet from the door. I could hear my heart pounding loudly, slower and slower. Then it stopped. Some kind being was over my shoulder leading me into the center of an elaborate mandala. When I got there I had a sense that those who loved me were all around. I went into a joyous oneness that is really hard to describe. So maybe my brain chemicals were being released and there was no spiritual action taking place, I don't care. I know I was with God. I know what God is.
Then a thought from my guide that was sort of like a voice said " You must go back, you have more to do." I was again on the ground and something was lifting me up and flinging me outside, where I breathed clean air and felt better. So maybe it was my own legs picking me up, but I did not feel alone. I had a headache for a few days. I know when I die I well get that ultimate high again. I will be part of a loving everything. My mother had the same experience when she died for a few minutes after complications on my birth.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Really -- I've done '___' as well. I didn't know it was a secret to share the experience! haha. '___' is found in natural legal substances but I realize that when it comes to psychotropics the law tends to get heavy handed.

reply to post by Maddogkull

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That is really amazing.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A French scientists taught Morse code to some guys who were going to be executed. They blinked out messages after their heads were cut off. Yes, they had the death experience we hear about. As far as proving it. There is no way of proving it. The evidence is not tangible.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yeah, it shouldn’t be a secret to share the experience, but unfortunately anything illegal ('___') cannot be talked about
BTW, it was 5-MEO-'___' for me, not the pure '___', so actually the experience might be different. Planning on going to one of those ayahuasca retreats soon, should be fun.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
www.peterkingsley.org...

To start with we are all quite helpless — dazed and confused, trapped by Aphrodite. And that, for most people, is the end of the matter. It’s how they live; how they die. But there is also a possibility, ever so remote, of being drawn out from the illusion by a mysterious power behind love that happens to be even greater than love. This is the secret most people never know. And this is why the hidden goddess offers so kindly, with an austere tenderness so different from all the superficial glamour and charm we are familiar with, to lead the initiate who reaches her out of the illusion into reality. For behind the force that drags us into the illusion in the first place is the power that can set us free. Or to be more precise, the one being who seduces us into believing in her grand deception can then decide to seduce us out of it. And yet to leave things there, to remain simply disabused, would be impossible. It would be to deny a half of what she is; to turn our back on her deceptive face; to stop half-way. In other words, it would be just as one-sided to stay in reality as it is for most people to stay caught in the illusion. So we have to give the deception its due — plunge back into it, but now with the knowledge imprinted consciously on our heart of the oneness always present in the heart of reality.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

Yeah, it shouldn’t be a secret to share the experience, but unfortunately anything illegal ('___') cannot be talked about
BTW, it was 5-MEO-'___' for me, not the pure '___', so actually the experience might be different. Planning on going to one of those ayahuasca retreats soon, should be fun.

Crazy triptamine compounds are never as good as the real death high. I wonder if I could achieve the same feeling i had at death with some heavy meditation and spiritual enlightenment. I know from teachings of the great masters that the best way to enlightenment is not with a chemical catalyst. Many cultures do use chemical catalysts to achieve heightened states of being.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well before I did '___' I first did the springforestqigong.com... training. Chunyi Lin went 49 days in full lotus yoga in a cave in China taking no food, no water and no sleep.

I went 8 days on half a glass of water with no hunger and needing less sleep. I could see dead spirits and I had telepathy, telekinesis and precognition and I healed my mom of a serious illness and then I accidentally pulled this old lady's spirit out of her body -- without touching her. She bawled nonstop for 15 minutes even though she couldn't see what I was doing. I felt this heavy electromagnetic blob get pulled out the center of her skull but I had forgot that Chunyi Lin said never to pull the energy blockages straight out of the top of a person's skull. She was fine but her spirit definitely left her body.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
A French scientists taught Morse code to some guys who were going to be executed. They blinked out messages after their heads were cut off. Yes, they had the death experience we hear about. As far as proving it. There is no way of proving it. The evidence is not tangible.

Have you got a link to that story? There doesnt appear to be anything on google about it.
Unless of course you mean this story. But that one merely shows that the brain stays active for a few seconds after the beheading. Quite disturbing really, glad this method of execution isnt used in most countries.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Speaking of volunteers to go to the brink of death, have you ever seen the movie Flatliners?
I would do it under those circumstances.

Of course, I've already died once, and I didn't have any experience. But of course, I was doped up out of my mind at the time to numb the pain.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Is that the film where they get some freaky ass ghosts coming after them?

They should do experiments though, Im sure there's plenty of people out there who would willingly take part.. Im thinking maybe terminally ill people etc.

But yea thats another thing, some people experience them and some dont. Would be nice to have some sort of explanation as to why some people get to basically have a time-out to see how they're doing.. and why they experience it in the first place if they werent actually meant to die at that particular time.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

They should do experiments though, Im sure there's plenty of people out there who would willingly take part.. Im thinking maybe terminally ill people etc.

Considering the outcry in this country over assisted suicide for the terminally ill and the prosecution of those doctors who carry such procedures out, I think it would be a very, very long time before such a study could be carried out in this country. Obviously, somewhere more friendly to Euthanasia, such as The Netherlands, would be a more realistic place. Even then, though, I could see a lot of public outcry over it. However, I can't think of another way that the study of near-death experience could really be advanced scientifically beyond where we already are.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Hiya J, there's a study ongoing in England that relates to 'Flatliners.' If I can find a link I'll post it. A heart surgeon has scattered random objects around the operation room/theater. He's trying to test if people really have 'out of body' experiences under surgery or after flatlining. The idea is that if any patient is unconscious and can later describe one of his objects, it would be a strong indication that they've been out of body. IRC, he's got objects and pictures that are out of sight from a normal viewpoint.

The study began early last year and I haven't heard anything yet. Whilst it's unlikely from a logical pov, I salute the guy for putting it to the test. TBH, it'd be fascinating if just one patient could describe a hidden object.

EDIT to add: Found him...Dr Sam Parnia.

What Happens When We Die?

Is it possible to have an 'out-of-body'experience?

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey Kand,
Thanks for those articles. I'll have to read up on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if his experiments are successful, myself.
But then again, I sorta' lean that way anyhow.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join