It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Life After Death (YES!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have been looking for these answers for over 50 years, as a child I was expelled from catholic school for arguing with the priest, and over the years explored all the religious philosophies. In my opinion, it is irrational to think this is just one life and die and dust is it. One life on the planet does not make sense, for it would mean that God discriminates between souls, some getting good lives and other get crap for lives. Reincarnation is the logical conclusion as a structure of life where all souls are treated equal, we all get the same opportunities in life's path. The best, least religiously contaminated explanation of our souls path is presented my Dr. Michael Newton's 30 years of research.

I think you will all enjoy this interview and good luck on finding your answers.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Pappie54]

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Pappie54]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

I grew up in a Catholic environment myself, my whole family (both parents sides) were raised Catholic, went to Catholic school etc... In second grade I was suspended from Catholic school for the rest of the year (only like a week left) and I never went back. My parents let me decide where I wanted to go, and I chose public school. And I'm very happy they let me believe in what I wanted too.

After that my life changed a lot because I questioned everything, not just religion, but that was a big part too. The older I got the more I realized how crazy some of the things going on within the Catholic church were, and it disgusted me. Now looking back I couldn't be any more thankful for my parents not forcing me to try and believe things that I didn't care to believe in; I was myself and that was good enough for me and my family.

When I do become a parent myself, I will be the same way. Hopefully the woman I end up procreating with does not inflict her religious views on our child(ren) and allows our kid(s) to do as they wish.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I had a near death experience about 35 years ago and it changed me for the better. The people who haven't had one and explain away NDE with talk of optic nerves and other such explanations make me shake my head in disbelief. The problem come from the experienced trying to describe it to the inexperienced. It's hard to explain it in earthly terms as it's a unearthly experience.

Sure, I'll say it was a "tunnel". But it wasn't a tunnel that you can picture in your mind. So the inexperienced picture an earthly tunnel and start saying it's a result of the optic nerve etc. It's like a tunnel, but it's like no tunnel you've ever seen. And the colors... how do I describe the color? There is no color on earth like it so how do you describe a color that no one has ever seen? It was like a white or silver, but not really silver. How would you describe earthly colors to a blind person?

I don't argue about it any longer. The non believers will see it for themselves someday. It was wonderful but not of this earth and impossible to describe.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Many Catholics have had such a path in their lives, I was asked to leave in 9th grade. So many have gone on the same quest for answers and it is nice to see such research as Dr. Newton's. It has a logical mathematical structure that I like in a theory. If you watch it, note the discussions on good and evil. I think he discusses it, I've read all of his 4 books and they are fascinating. He hits the high points in this video.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I am posting to tell you that I too have had a near death experience and it was the most beautiful, comforting, spiritual awakening, all loving experience I have ever had. I saw quick flash backs of some instances from my childhood, I saw the light and the love and peace was so extraordinary, I cannot get close to explaining it for you to understand. There is life after death and no science is going to tell me different. I am not a religious fanatic but I am here to tell you with 100% certainty, there is a God!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There is no life after death. Period.
Life means life, when you die and you're dead there's no more life in you, you shut down and that's it, bye, bye!

And BTW, even if there was life after death (for the sake of argument) why would anyone want to "live" it? You certainly can't eat anymore, have sex anymore..what kinda "life" would it be? Howering around like a ghost or something ..what?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I like to think of it as an eternity within yourself.
You create it as you go.
I think the movie The Lovely Bones is going to touch on this idea. Looks like a very good movie.

Anyhow, I see that even here we have no shortage of "skeptical" posters who post as if they are an authority on death itself.

Nice thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think that near death experiences may be caused by the brain rebooting. Have there been any cases where the person was being monitored on EKG or any other devices while having a NDE? I am not sold on the life after death theory, but I do hope it is true so long as the new life is as good or better than the current. I just started doing some reading on multiple dimensions and it is quite interesting and does seem possible. Maybe these people are actually seeing into another dimension similar to the one we live in, but different as well. I dunnon, but it does fascinate me.

S&F

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The studies of whether NDE and OBEs are during "real death" is reviewed here:

www.skeptiko.com...

reply to post by nepafogo

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Thank you for this link. Really good information. From the above link:

The timing of NDE memories is the research question Dr. Penny Sartori sought to answer, “I worked in the intensive care unit and because of the nature of my job, of course, I’d come across a lot of death. And of course makes you wonder what happens when we die. For five years I gathered data, where I spoke to patients in the intensive care unit and particularly patients who’d had a cardiac arrest. When these patients revived, as soon as they were medically fit, I approached them and asked the simple question, ‘Did you have any memory of the time that you were unconscious?’”

“For the people who had a near-death experience and out of body experience [their recollection of resuscitation] was really quite accurate and I decided then to ask the control group, the people who’d had a cardiac arrest but had no recollection of anything at all. I asked them if they would reenact their resuscitation scenario and tell me what they thought that we had done to resuscitate them. And what I found is that many of the patients couldn’t even guess as to what we’d done. They had no idea at all.

From this alone, its incrediblely evident that ndes are real, let alone the fact that without bloodflow and cerebral activity, realer than life memories cannot occur whatsoever. Yet they do.

But the point on the recall of the recuscitation is really important. The ones with the memories give accurate accounts of the procedures. The control control, those who don't remember, havn't a clue what goes on. The average person flunks even guessing.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
We do live on after our body dies. I am convinced of that. I have had two different type of ADC. (After Death Communication) My father came to me two years after his death to tell me he had past over, it was an experiences that I cannot explain in the human language.
My father’s death was a family secret, kept from me, I did not know until I had this experience. I can tell you all this, it was more real than being alive.

These ADC came to me, I was not looking for anything. Reading about other people experiences is one thing, but having one is another, it will change your life forever.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I do believe, as a Christian, in life after death. I don't think the near-death-experiences prove much, though. The "tunnel of light" can be explained away as brain shut down. The Christian realizes that it is a matter of faith, not provable science, that is most important.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackShark

Your views must be based on religious/atheist presumptions to think that. Who says we can’t eat in this so called "afterlife"?? We honestly don’t know anything. There are frequencies out there machines can’t pick up, as well as our brains. While I do believe consciousness might not exist after death. Some kind of "motion" (can’t think of the correct word) has to exist. It is honestly one of the stupidest things to think that whatever created the universe was 100% random. If sceptics like to go by odds and coincidences, the spawning of the universe is so rare, and the odds are so high, it should be ruled out. There has to be some kind of force (maybe this force doesn’t have a consciousness) but there is more mystery to the universe then we think.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nepafogo
I think that near death experiences may be caused by the brain rebooting. Have there been any cases where the person was being monitored on EKG or any other devices while having a NDE? I am not sold on the life after death theory, but I do hope it is true so long as the new life is as good or better than the current.

i happen to believe the same thing. the tunnel is the death of the optical nerve (or at least shutdown caused by the lack of oxygen) while the memories, relatives showing up, and life flashing by, etc are caused by the brain coming back (booting up) when the blood (and oxygen) are restored. almost like the "drive check" when windows had a hard-power off instead of shutdown.

funny fact - my grandma collapsed in the street with a punctured vein in her foot. she was dead for a while and came back in hospital after getting blood and a few shocks. as a child she told me she didn't experience anything and had no memories of her death/NDE. just being in the street and then hospital.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by DarkSecret]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If this proves there is life after death then it must also prove that there is death after life.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Interesting thread...
I do have a problem with it though...
I know 3 people who have been brought back after being clinically dead, one for quite some time after drowning, and all 3 say there is nothing after death. No lights, tunnel, floating... nothing. Just death, ceasing to exist, the end of life.
How can these experiences be written off as wrong or flawed any more than those who claim to have had some adventure after death?
I'm not trying to dispell the idea of life after death, I'm just asking how these others fit into the picture?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

I have no idea. There is no explanation. Best thing I can say is the same about dream recall. Some people remember some people don’t. The brains plasticity is very strange. Or there just isn’t anything after death. Either way, it’s a win-win situation. You die and there’s nothing, you technically are still immortal (cause you wouldn’t know your dead). If there is life after death, well then you can keep on living.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think its like dreams sometimes you dont remember them even though you had them, sometimes you do.

Also those who say why would you want a afterlife are you kidding?

There is a universe with billions of galaxys, stars and numerous planets. It could be endless. Wouldnt it be neat to explore that or be reborn in a different galaxy??? Think of the possibilitys.

76 years of life is nothing.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

I'm new to this site, and I can't believe I came across this kind of subject. (In a good way of course) I have always wondered about life after death and I would say that it does exist and I must give a "thumbs up" to the author for making an article like this.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
people don't want to believe NDE because then you'd at the very least have to acknowledge God is real, and if you do then u have to acknowledge that the bible is real, then what the bible teaches and explains is real. then you have to acknowledge that the devil and his demons are real, which are spirits. Then angels and Jesus is real. if you believe this then u can believe past lives are bullsh*t because spirits are immortal until God says other wise, so say the same spirit that was in genghis khan could be in some other person making that person have a deep connection and even memories that aren't his but the spirits. that spirit could leave and enter someone else and have the same effect making that person think he lived before. in reality you only have one life and never lived before. its easier then to say NDE are a result of O2 deprivation instead of what the evidence and life changing experiences of people say differently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join