It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-15E Strike Eagle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
How much longer is this plane in service? From what I've seen, it was the world's greatest strike fighter. Huge weapon loads, LANTIRN, wow.

If I was asked what were the best strike fighters in the world, I would say the F-15E Strike Eagle, Tornado GR. 1 IDS, F/A-18E Super Hornet, and the Su-24 "Fencer."

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What is the point of this post? Are you looking for more info on the F-15E or asking when they'll put it out of it's missery?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
What is the point of this post? Are you looking for more info on the F-15E or asking when they'll put it out of it's missery?

When will it be put out of business!

And misery? The F-15E is the greatest strike fighter in the world today!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Uh, FYI... F-22, F-32, F-35, they all haul the F-15E's arse to the curb and into the interstate. The F-15E is old news, old technology and not to date. The F-35 is ONE of the top dog strike fighters. You need to read up on a few things my friend.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The fact that you have an Sukhoi craft there that isn't off the Su-27 line is somewhat distressing given it's ability to go above and beyond what the F-15 line is capable of. For strike craft I'd put the Su-34 up on the top for that role, for one the Russians took that style of airframe a good step further, for another the modifications to the Su-34 to make it strike capable are more extensive.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The threats for F-15 Strike Eagle are X-45, Joint Strike Fighter and F/B-22. JSF cannot carry that much, but if F/B-22 will be produced I think the Eagles are gone. F/B-22 could carry large payload to great distances and it si stealth and can supercruise. If F/B-22 is not produced than the Strike Eagles could stay in service a little longer.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by longbow]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Uh, FYI... F-22, F-32, F-35, they all haul the F-15E's arse to the curb and into the interstate. The F-15E is old news, old technology and not to date. The F-35 is ONE of the top dog strike fighters. You need to read up on a few things my friend.

F-35 is mainly F-16 and F-18 replacement, not for f-15E.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by longbow]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
And F/A-18E/F/2000 replaced F-15A/B/C/D/E

So technically it replaces:
F/A-18A/B/C/D/E/F/2000, F-16C, F-15A/B/C/D/E
There is a reason they call it Joint Strike Fighter.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Shugo]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There is also F-15I, it's a special variation of F15 made for Israel.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   

This is nonsense, F-18E/F is naval fighter. It should replace F-14 Tomcat not Eagle.
F-15 is still flying and it will be replaced only by F-22.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

F-22 is designed to eventually replace the F-15A/C, but the F-15 fighter models will remain in service for a long time to come since so few F-22s are currently budgeted for. The F-35 is planned to replace some of the F-18A/C fleet and most of the F-16 fleet. The F-18E/F is a brand new aircraft replacing the F-18A/C/D, F-14, and also assuming many of the roles of the A-6 that was retired nearly a decade ago.

There are no plans to replace the F-15E at this time. The F-15E remains one of the most capable fighter bombers in the world and is constantly being upgraded to carry the latest weapons and electronic systems.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerospaceweb

There are no plans to replace the F-15E at this time. The F-15E remains one of the most capable fighter bombers in the world and is constantly being upgraded to carry the latest weapons and electronic systems.

Now that is laughable

I've heard many many MANY plans on replacing the F-15E, plans with FB-22's, F-22C's, yada yada yada. Give me proof they aren't planning to replace it with something else, and the it's updated everyday.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What I find hilarious is that many of you are saying that fighters that haven't entered service yet are better!

Granted, the F-35 has better features, but has it entered combat yet? No. Stop comparing proven fact with theoretical fact, it's not a good way to research.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
What I find hilarious is that many of you are saying that fighters that haven't entered service yet are better!

Granted, the F-35 has better features, but has it entered combat yet? No. Stop comparing proven fact with theoretical fact, it's not a good way to research.

Uh... were saying those because it will be in service. Theoretical fact, the F-15E is the best, known fact... the F-35 OWN35 the F-15E.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Uh... were saying those because it will be in service. Theoretical fact, the F-15E is the best, known fact... the F-35 OWN35 the F-15E.

What, with it's slower speed and smaller payload?

The only advantage that it has over the F-15 is a lower cross section.

Anyone know when the F-15K is supposed to start delivery?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

But has the F-35 entered service yet?

That's like saying a movie sequel is better than the predecessor. They SAY the sequel is going to be better, but you can't say for sure until you see the sequel.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Now that is laughable

I've heard many many MANY plans on replacing the F-15E, plans with FB-22's, F-22C's, yada yada yada. Give me proof they aren't planning to replace it with something else, and the it's updated everyday.

What I mean is that nothing has been officially ordered to replace the F-15E, nor is that likely to change anytime soon. The FB-22 is nothing more than a conceptual design, and the Air Force has no plans to buy it at this time. Among the upgrades being applied to the F-15E are the ability to carry JDAM, JSOW, Small Diameter Bomb, WCMD, and AIM-9X. Both JASSM and LOCAAS may also be integrated. Other improvements include enhancements to the flight control computer to increase memory and processor speed, addition of a new databus to improve the cababilities of guided weapons, and several upgrades to the aircraft's ECM equipment. The Air Force plans to keep the F-15E in service until at least 2030.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Gee, some people are making it sound like we should go back to P-47 and P-51's, right along with B-17's and that kind of stuff.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerospaceweb

Now that is laughable

Shugo,
Aerospaceweb is correct - the F-15E will not be retired anytime soon...
The proof you requested is below:

Lieutenant General George K. Muellner (retired), former Principal Deputy, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition and former Director of Joint Advanced Strike Technology Program has stated that the F-15E will not retire until sometime after 2010.

Douglas J. Kennett, a VP of Boeing, Military Aircraft and Missile Systems stated in August 2001 that "the U.S. Air Force has absolutely no plans to retire the world's best long-range strike fighter, the F-15E. In 2030, the USAF will have 209 F-15Es in its inventory, fully 96 percent of the 218 it flies today..."

Regarding the FB-22, although the Air Force brass speaks of this platform highly there currently is no money delegated for an FB-22 program.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I stand corrected... however what is the theoretical fact in differenciating an advanced fighter with an old fighter with gadgets. What I'm saying is that this guy talks of the F-15E as the best fighter on the planet, when it is not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join