It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformation: It's as easy as SNF!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Speculation of disinfo agents runs rife on A.T.S.

The easiest and most effective way to cast a cloud of suspicion over a subject is to simply add questionable or downright false information to the subject material.

Alternatively, drawing questionable info into the limelight and hiding more credible material in the shadows is almost equally as effective.

I have noticed that threads with very little effort at best or just plain stupid or gibberish at worst seem to get immediate stars and flags along with plenty of replies. Serious replies too. Others with some merit and effort often go ignored.

I believe the average A.T.S.er is a little above average intelligence so I struggle to understand why this is so. Are ridiculous threads being intentionally given more attention to put them on the "front page"?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

I believe the average A.T.S.er is a little above average intelligence so I struggle to understand why this is so. Are ridiculous threads being intentionally given more attention to put them on the "front page"?

There's your answer in there

We can't have above average intelligence AND ridiculous threads. One part of the quote must be wrong...mmmmMMMMmmmmm...let me think..mmmm...which one could it be? It's a toughie alright!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

We can't have above average intelligence AND ridiculous threads. One part of the quote must be wrong...mmmmMMMMmmmmm...let me think..mmmm...which one could it be? It's a toughie alright!

You just SO beat me to the punch on that one.

So star for you.

Kandinsky seems to share my thoughts here.

"you assume most ATS users are above intelligence".

I assume maybe 2% of them are "not" completely lost, bought, misguided, absolutely slow, crazy, entertainment-junkies, IPOD-addicts, TV-zombies, or anything else one would "not willingly accept about themselves".

The reason so many pointless/fluffy/silly/meaningless threads get so much attention is because the majority of users here are looking for nothing more.

I'm sorry to even have this opinion, but, the majority of people I see posting "couldn't find a clue" in a pillowcase containing one.

The crowd here has some ingenious and informative posters that are surly "bright as all GET-OUT!:, but seriously, most people here are not "getting that deep" in their research or retorts.

Sorry...but many of the "awake folks" around here need to crank up their alarm clocks a little louder.

I doubt it has much to do with deliberate disinfo-agents using stars-n-flags to muck up "good progress and research", and more to do with the dumbed-downed public's sad state of consciousness.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You just SO beat me to the punch on that one. So star for you. Kandinsky seems to share my thoughts here.

I actually feel a bit crap right now. I've just posted a sarcastic reply to one of your posts before looking in here
Whoops

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Here's a thread saying that pole shifts cause dumbness.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Don't you EVER change from being sarcastic to me, or critical over something I have said.

If I am wrong- YOU make it known and make me correct myself.

If you see reason to be snide or sarcastic to me, damn well DO IT!

If you get what I am saying (and you must) , feel free to be judgmental and sarcastic all you wish. Mr Mask is a tough cookie and respects you more for it.

Back on topic-

Yeah...a lot of threads on ATS are magnets for star-flag-zealots. I rarely star and flag, always mention when I do, and usually take the time to research the information in the post before I give it my seal of approval.

I can't say the OP is correct on his thoughts about stars-n-flags being disinfo-tools or not. But, I can tell you all the stars and flags I had out are earned in due process.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I must concede that you are almost certainly correct there.

Maybe I just like to think that most here are intelligent but the others have a bigger voice.

2% being not completely off the wall might even be generous figure.

(Just for the record, I don't actually believe disinfo agents are responsibe for all of this but the end result is the same. Attention drawn away from threads with some meaningful content. Remember this is a conspiracy website.)

[edit on 24-1-2010 by OZtracized]

[edit on 24-1-2010 by OZtracized]

new topics

top topics

join