It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden 'Claims Failed Plane Bomb Plot'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Bin Laden 'Claims Failed Plane Bomb Plot'

news.sky.com

Al Jazeera says it has new audio of Osama bin Laden in which he claims responsibility for the failed US plane attack on Christmas Day.

Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab has been charged with attempting to blow up a Delta Airlines plane on a flight from Amsterdam on December 25, 2009.

He was stopped by passengers on board Northwest Flight 253 from setting off explosives stitched into his underwear.

Early in January Barack Obama said Mutallab was suspected of having been trained and equipped by al Qaeda.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Quite simply..I don't believe a word of it!

I just don't feel right about this and all this terror stuff is moving WAY too fast.

No admission from the alleged bomber but a recording of someone who may or may NOT be OBL will continue the "ruse" perhaps?

I will reserve further comments until the article is expanded upon as it is only just breaking and more is to follow.

news.sky.com

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Quite simply..I don't believe a word of it!

I just don't feel right about this and all this terror stuff is moving WAY too fast.

No admission from the alleged bomber but a recording of someone who may or may NOT be OBL will continue the "ruse" perhaps?

I will reserve further comments until the article is expanded upon as it is only just breaking and more is to follow.

news.sky.com

I know, what a bucket of chit -

The recording is probably of a man named "Ben" Laden- novich

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
More from the BBC :

The speaker on the tape says the message is from "Osama to Obama".

Directly addressing Americans, it says: "It is unfair you enjoy a safe life while our brothers in Gaza suffer greatly... Our attacks will continue as long as you support Israel."

The al-Qaeda leader issues sporadic tape messages.

In September, a 10-minute audio tape warned Mr Obama he was "powerless" to stop the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
As an organisation, Al Quaeda couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, let alone co-ordinate attacks from sleeper cells all over the world.

Even when would-be terrorists receive special training in places like Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen, the majority of their bombs scorch eyebrows and pubic hairs rather than cause mass destruction.

If anything does happen, it'll be the result of our intelligence services either helping out or deliberately turning a blind eye so that a future war or loss of liberty can be justified, as with 911.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Quite simply words fail me, yet another attempt by TPTB to reinforce the fear mongering on the public to continue AlCIAda's war against the population of the world. I wonder what Osama's face looks like THIS time? Or what voiceprint analysis they say is 'Osama's'?.
All I can say I'm getting very bored of their constant mindgames , why don't the CIA just keep snorting their imported coke and just let the worlds people TRY to live in peace?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Atleast this message's style (his word choice) sounded more like the REAL Osama than the message from September. That one was a complete joke.

Still, I don't think ghosts can talk.

In retrospect, I wonder what the history books will say about this time in history. Will the facts ever come out? Will America and Britain surpass the Nazis and go down as all-time propaganda champions? Will the USA win the high score? Or will it all be sanitized from any real truth?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
-sigh- Isn't this guy dead yet

Oh wait hang on a second YES HE IS!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
8 years ago, the entire US nation pledged to find this man and "bring him to justice". Did we fail? It sure seems that we stopped looking for him.

Way too convient, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Bin Laden Claims Christmas Bombing Attempt - ABC News
Dec 28, 2009 ... Bin Laden claims responsibility for Christmas Day plane bombing attempt, vows further attacks. By SALAH NASRAWI Associated Press Writer ...
abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=9647388

found this when i searched google-note the date error-clicking on it sends you to the story with the correct date. shades of fletcher proudy's reading of oswald shooting kennedy in the christ church nz. paper within minutes of the shooting. my guess is the story was "created" on dec28.2009 then sent out today and there was an error in the transfer to a.p.-just found it interesting.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
More terrorizing and fear mongering
from the same people who brought us the swine flu

Beware of the sellers of the security machines...
They will be rubbing their greedy little hands together
and laughing all the way to the bank on hearing this news

Here goes more of our civil rights and tax payers money

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Of course it was Osama! After all, he's been a company man since day one, hasn't he?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I mean honestly.

Liar, liar pants on fire, is the expression that springs to mind on this occation

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I just a listen to the recording on skynews website and straight away i thought 'how do you/we know that this is Osama speaking'... could be anyone claiming to be him (if he exists at all)... all i heard was mumbo jumbo and some translator translating in English....

While we are here though, why don't the Americans butt out of Isreal affairs?

Lets see if by doing this the attacks would stop and the hate preaching Mullahs would stop...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What more proof do you guys need hes talking in arabic
he must want you all dead

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"The message delivered to you through the plane of the heroic warrior Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was a confirmation of the previous messages sent by the heroes of the Sept. 11," he said.

"America will never dream of security unless we will have it in reality in Palestine," he added. "God willing, our raids on you will continue as long as your support for the Israelis continues."

On Christmas Day, Nigerian national Abdulmutallab attempted to blow up the Northwest Airlines flight he was sitting on as it approached Detroit Metro Airport. But the bomb he was hiding in his underwear failed to explode.

He told federal agents shortly afterward that he had been trained and instructed in the plot by al-Qaida operatives in Yemen.

Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula originally took credit for the attack, but by issuing this message, bin Laden seems to be indicating that he himself is ordering attacks, rather than just putting his seal of approval on events afterward.

Analysts had previously suggested that al-Qaida's offshoots in North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula and elsewhere were operated independently from bin Laden, who is believed to be somewhere in Afghanistan-Pakistan border region.

There was no way to confirm the voice was actually that of Bin Laden, but it resembled previous recordings attributed to him.

In the past year, bin Laden's messages have concentrated heavily on the plight of the Palestinians in attempt to rally support across the region.

Many analysts believe that bin Laden is worried about Obama's popularity across the Middle East with his promises to withdraw from Iraq and personal background, so the al-Qaida leader is focusing on the close U.S.-Israeli relationship.

This guy is a fake, I mean seriously Israel and the U.S. and Palestine? The real Osama Bin Laden would never talk about such crap.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Anyone else get the feeling that something bad is in the making. First the threat level in the UK is raised and now the deceased Osama is talking again. There must be a motive behind all this and I don't think it is just to strike fear into people.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I always have the feeling something bad is in the making. The media does a good job of that by themselves with me coming to ATS every day lol.

And if this really is Osama Bin Laden I will eat my hat. This is just crazy now. Wasn't the whole point of the war on Terror orignally to find this guy and bring him to justice? If he is a leader that controls a global spiderweb of terror cells capable of defeating security and intelligence in multiple nations, wouldn't finding him still be our top priority?

And if hes so hard to find how does he manage to get all these videos and audio clips out to the world and why does the news broadcast a terrorists scare mongering?

So much of it doesn't make sense. If he was alive and threatening attacks that we apparently have only been lucky in that most failed or happened outside of N.A, wouldn't they keep his face out of the news and papers for plausible deniability. The tape would only be important to the intellgience agencies and a breef over the news about travel concerns or something would suffice.

Why give your most hated enemy a platform to the world?

This whole thing stinks of pure bull.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If Osama Bin Laden was alive he would never claim a FAILED plot.....

gezzzz the powers that be today, they got it all wrong, can't they fabricate a better story from a dead man?

[edit on 24-1-2010 by imitator]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Word on the street is that Bin Laden also claimed responsibility for the success of Scott Brown in winning the election to fill the US Senate seat formerly occupied by Ted Kennedy. I think he also claimed credit for a recent car accident that took place here in the little town in which I live. He is obviously a very powerful, clever, and influential man with far reaching impact!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join