It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has suspicious number of letter-writing fans named

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Obama has suspicious number of letter-writing fans named

www.cleveland.com

Ellie Light sure gets around.

In recent weeks, Light has published virtually identical “Letters to the Editor” in support of President Barack Obama in more than a dozen newspapers.Every letter claimed a different residence for Light that happened to be in the newspaper’s circulation area.
“It’s time for Americans to realize that governing is hard work, and that a president can’t just wave a magic wand and fix everything,” said a letter from alleged Philadelphian Ellie Light, that was published in the Jan. 19 edition of The Philadelphia Daily News.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newsbusters.org
hotair.com

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Heil Hitler...erm...Obama. Seems the ministry of propoganda is going...I wonder when they'll try to infiltrate ATS and the like.

This is deliberate propoganda by our current administration to try and make itself look better.

With these letters going out to so many papers across the country, how could it be anything other than (state sponsored?) propoganda by the president and his interests.

www.cleveland.com

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Here are a few threads that are relevent to your OP. None of them authored by me.

Obama to banks, we want our money back.
Obama attempting to institute a populist movement.

Examining False Flag Operations And Black Propaganda In Modern History
Use of Black Propaganda regarding vilifying business and corporations.

Conspiracy Theorists vs. Sunstein: Propaganda, Misdirection and False Flags

Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

Obama proposes covert agents to monitor ATS, among other independent websites!

Previous three threads on Obama Regulatory Czar's paper, on what could be done about conspiracy sites and the use of propaganda.

Looks like the propaganda keeps rolling out of this administration. Plus they think he is still campaigning.

I could link a BUNCH of propaganda threads being spread about evil business but, why help spread it?

Good catch OP, S&F

edit to add video of little girl plant-remember this one?

[edit on 1/24/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This really ain't too bad IMO. If someone is writing Op-Eds and spreading it across the country then screw em. What action should be taken I ask? This is freedom of the press and nothing more. I think everyone in the country should write into their paper and say "You remember when Obama promised to abolish unions?" I may be misreading this but since when have we ever cared about what's in Op-ed. Newspapers checking their source is a joke. Hell, half the major stories nowadays comes from blogs and nothing more. Newspapers are dead. They have been promoting the far left agenda for far too long and now they are going to get bit by the internet bullet. Don't worry though, Obama will bail them out....oh wait....he did.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
This is freedom of the press and nothing more.

I agree that it's freedom of the press... but it is a little more than that. It's abuse of free press... a 'punking' of the system. It's neither smart nor enterprising - It's patently dishonest and somewhat murky in it's ethics.

All propaganda is.

IRM

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

i reckon the sites already been infiltrated.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am happy to see an arm of propaganda exposed.

Send this story to your local newspaper, Tell them how shameful it is on the industry for things like this to happen. That is part of the reason for their slow death.

We need to become watchers of the watchers, again. We need to hold our local papers up to a high standard, again. We need to tell them that news such as Michael Jackson's death does not warrant 'above the fold' news.

More people need to see news, in any format, as more than just an update to the idea of 'whats happening now?".

I am glad that ATS has such a huge percentage of users that are reasonable and rational, to who my rant need not apply.

Edit: Spelling.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by ventian
This is freedom of the press and nothing more.

I agree that it's freedom of the press... but it is a little more than that. It's abuse of free press... a 'punking' of the system. It's neither smart nor enterprising - It's patently dishonest and somewhat murky in it's ethics.

All propaganda is.

IRM

I agree with both of you that it is freedom of the press. It is also, and more importantly, abuse of the press.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Abuse and infiltration...

I'm not being too paranoid when I see parallels between this and Hitler's propoganda that got him elected, and made permanent leader of Germany and mass slayer of all those he hated and opposed, am I?

If we can get this whacko out of office we may be in store for a new "Reagan revolution," which could clear some stuff up, even if the next guy is still a puppet...things would at least be better for us, which while nice may pacify the sheep again...hrm...dichotomy.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Propaganda? You guys are losing it. I'm aware that you have little respect for Obama's intelligence, but even you must agree that the Public Relations staff at the White House would be smart enough to, I don't know, use different names?
What's more likely, that this is an obsessed but genuine fan, or a conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Breizhoo

Propaganda can only come from the White House? How about Acorn? How about SEIU?

And who frelling cares where it came from. Idiot papers don't even check their sources. They are worse then people here. At least we try to verify sources. They just throw in whatever looks good to old Barry.

Did you even read the articles? Probably not.

Let's just say you did, what do you think about this being out there for 3 weeks and large papers were still printing the story.

Sounds like the papers just did not care, anything for good old Barry.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
For all the religious conspiracy types, El is the Hebrew word for God.

Ellie [God's] Light.

They do have a sense of humor, don't they?

Related, picture of Healthcare logo:
www.businesspundit.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody

Heil Hitler...erm...Obama. Seems the ministry of propoganda is going...I wonder when they'll try to infiltrate ATS and the like.

This is deliberate propoganda by our current administration to try and make itself look better.

With these letters going out to so many papers across the country, how could it be anything other than (state sponsored?) propoganda by the president and his interests.

www.cleveland.com

Either that, or it is one person with a lot of time on their hands.... and is obsessed....

Or maybe it was the work of one person with a lot of time on their hands who is obsessed with making people think Obama is comitting a conspiracy?

Do you really think the government could not come up with a better plan? The fact that it was the same name, indicates that it is just one person....

And please don't accuse me of being an obama supporter because I did not vote for him....

I am just using common sense here...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Oh Come On People... Obama jisn't that bad. He's been trying really hard. It's hard work being the President.

That's part of what I might say if I was being Paid to write positive Spin Stuff for Obama..

Instead, I'm going to write,, What the hell happened to all the promises Obama Made to get him into office. Gee, He's had more than enough time to implement all the changes he said he would make.

I could go on and on. Obama's just another President who conned the American People to get into office. If he hadn't of been Black, Oprah wouldn't have helped him.

Obama needs to revisit the Promises he made and start taking action to keep his promises..

Another Bush! This time in Black Skin.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

That's odd! Ellie Light if you say it fast enough sounds like elite. Maybe Obama's elite have run out of cute little hidden names.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

As if there wasnt propaganda supporting Bush and his war? What about the many radio stations and newspapers in the 80's promoting and pushing Reagans economic views? Its really nothing new, and sometimes instead of playing the phony outrage you just take it for what it is and push it aside. Its always going to happen and its a right.

Theres nothing wrong with a group supporting the president and its their right. You may see it as propaganda during one presidency, I may do the same through another, but its their right to do so. Just like Fox news and their right to display rightwing propaganda daily. Its a given.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Ellie Light (the elite lie) el lie light
el - Spanish for the
lie - a falsehood
lite - light (or el lite)

et cetera

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You say that as if it's a fact.

As gimme_some_truth said, it's common sense that this is one person with some time and a mission. The administration would do a much better job of proliferating propaganda.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The administration would do a much better job of proliferating propaganda.

You say that as if it's a fact.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Or it is a bit of a joke. Some shills, sitting in the White House or wherever, thinking that people are too dumb to clue in, simply use the same name, one that as people have shown could be a play on various obvious things, and figure that they can get away with it because even if they are so blunt about it, people will think that the obviousness of it, makes it illegitimate.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

-Joseph Goebbels

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Vilkata]

<<   2  3 >>

join