It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Illness

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeOnYou

I know exactly what you mean. I knew my mind so well, that I always knew that I wasn't "right." I used to tell people, somewhat tongue in cheek, but not really, "I think I'm half bi-polar myself." If only I knew how true that was. LOL...

No one really took me to be "mentally ill," but once it was official, it was a whole new ball game then. People are funny, man. People are funny. I don't mean "haha" funny either. :shk:

[edit on 31-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeOnYou
i think what happend with me is that most of my life i held everything inside, id keep a brave face no matter how i felt inside, i think i got to a point where i couldnt hold back any more and the past year my mind has been clearing a blockage of backed up emotions that have accumulated over the years that i was bottling up.
thats my own theory anyway.

See, I did the same. However,instead of mine turning into a mess of tears it turned into rage, contempt, and homicidal thoughts. I got to the point to where I was having thoughts like, "You don't want to listen? I'll MAKE you #ing listen!! How ya like me now?" I mean, I was to the point that I could have blown some # up and not even batted an eye. That is when I knew I had to get help.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
Some brilliant well known and successful people are bipolar or autistic or subject to depression. In fact sometimes I think, it's almost a requirement!
[edit on 24-1-2010 by unicorn1]

Almost invariably, a "mentally ill" person is brilliant in some form or fashion. I think extreme intelligence is a contributing factor to "mental illness."

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIsPower

Sounds like she has bi-polar to me. Lithium is wayyyyy obsolete. She probably should be put on Depakote. It's not a panacea, but it helps. Depakote is what I am on.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Lithium is still considered one of the better bp medications and many people have found it very effective. Just may not be effective for her. Or maybe it needs to be combined with a mood stabilizer.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

People are horrendous. They have went after my life for 18 years trying to drive me up the wall, but it never worked.

I just tell out loud what people did and are doing, and the people who know me know its real.

Its amazing in a country like uk, that there is no human rights, if you are not part of the mob.

Just imagine people spending 18 years trying to drive you up the wall on purpose with the cruelest things.

I doubt anyone is sane though, from what i have been through most people are psychopaths.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Bi-polar is basically a case of "sensory overload." Lithium only closes twenty three of the twenty four receptors in the brain. Depakote closes all twenty-four receptors... Nah,you can keep the Lithium.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeOnYou

I have not been on in awhile, but i hope you are doing well, and that your progress and determination is still as strong as ever....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I have been DXed with depression because i have fibromyalgia.

The problem is i am a EMT and am very familiar with depression and have deal with many people with depression.
i don't have depression and never did.

It was not till i was also DXed with sarcoidosis and neurosarcoidosis that the doctors quit believing that the pain i had was not all in my head and was real and that i was not a drug seeker.

My problem now is trying to get all the mental issues DXs removed from my medical records.

I am a trained EMT(over 30 years) and know that in the future if i am seriously ill or injured i may not be given the proper pain medications and may be maltreated because of these things on my records.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join