It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Hastings has a message for UFO non-believers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

SandF!!

We NEED more of this kind of guys

LUV this:

`I've done the research for 30 years and they haven't. If they wish to indulge themselves with their uninformed opinion there is nothing I can do about that`

there is nothing what - noone who can top that quote

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Drew Hempel has nearly everything wrong in his posts on this thread. I wonder why? Let's take his comments one-by-one:

So, I haven't responded to James Carlson's tirades against Robert Salas? Wrong, Drew. See

www.theufochronicles.com...

and

www.theufochronicles.com...

The bottom line is that the elder Carlson's deputy missile commander, now-retired USAF Col. Walter Figel, has confirmed the presence of UFOs at Echo Flight on March 16, 1967, in an audiotaped interview with me. An excerpt:

RH: What was the demeanor of the guard you were talking to?

WF: Um, you know, I wouldn’t say panicked, or anything [like that]. I was thinking he was yanking my chain more than anything else.

RH: But he seemed to be serious to you?

WF: He seemed to be serious and I wasn’t taking him seriously.

RH: Alright. If it was a large object, did he describe the shape of the object?

WF: He just said a large round object.

RH: Directly over the LF (Launch Facility)?

WF: Directly over the site...

RH: When you got the first call, well, when the missiles went down, you didn’t have an inkling of an alleged UFO-involvement until you got the report back from the first Strike Team member?

WF: That’s correct.

RH: Okay, uh, and only one of the two teams reported seeing an object?

WF: Right.

RH: Uh, did you discuss the report with Mr. Carlson—that you were being told that there was a UFO at one of the sites?

WF: Um, he could hear it, uh, I mean he was sitting right there, two feet away from me—

RH: So—

WF: Whatever I said, he would have heard.

Figel also said that James' father, Eric, was standing right next to him when both officers were told not to divulge the UFO incident by their commanders back at Malmstrom AFB.

The full transcript of Figel's verbatim comments to me appear in the first link.

As for Salas, he was at Oscar Flight, not Echo, on March 24, 1967, when a UFO shut down those missiles en masse. His fellow launch officer that night, now-retired Colonel Fredrick Meiwald, has confirmed Salas’ statements. Documentation recently discovered by researcher Jim Klotz establishes the date of the second shutdown.

Drew also claims that he forwarded info about James' Carlson's statements to me but that I never responded. Please produce evidence of your having sent me anything, Drew, and then I will respond. Post it here, please.

Drew claims that I never responded to an email sent to me by Greg Bishop. Please produce that email Drew or Greg. Post it here, please. I never received it. (Or do you claim that Bishop's "contact" with me occurred in a manner other than an email?)

A press conference, to be held at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. in the fall of 2010, is currently being organized by Mr. Salas and myself. At that event, a dozen former or retired Air Force officers will divulge their knowledge of the official cover-up of the UFO-Nukes Connection. These persons were trusted by the U.S. government to operate or guard weapons of mass destruction. Now, they have independently come forward and stated that UFOs have monitored, and sometimes, tampered with our nuclear missiles.

As I said in my recent interview with the television reporter in Idaho, cited at the beginning of this thread, there is a distinct and fundamental difference between having an opinion and having an *informed* opinion on any given topic. I have interviewed more than 120 ex-USAF personnel about their involvement in nuclear weapons-related UFO incidents. The doubters have not. No matter how they dress up their views, they are offering opinions having no basis in research.

Prior to the creation of the Internet, and blogs, these uninformed persons would have been restricted to sharing their, ahem, insights about UFOs with fellow patrons at their neighborhood bar or pub. Now, if they have a mouse and a keyboard, they can inflict their ignorance on the world.

--Robert Hastings
www.ufohastings.com

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Robert Hastings

Hello Robert ,welcome to the thread its good to have you here .
Could you please tell me what is the most compelling case/evidence you have come across in your investigation so far and do you think we are any closer to disclosure given President Obama's recent executive order on freedom of information .

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by xfiler

Why is no one looking at the object? surely if that were, there someone would have noticed it and at least one person would be looking up at the sky.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Pretend, for a second, that I've researched elves for 30 years -- that wouldn't make them exist.

This kind of rhetoric is completely meaningless unless backed up with hard facts.

I've looked, btw., for years, for something you could call definitive and what I've found is 99% hoax and 1% unexplainable.

It would be illogical for me to assume that simply because someone can't explain something away then it MUST be aliens.

I would have to assume some of the 1% is military, some of it is HOAXES which haven't been discovered and some we may never know.

Standing up and pretending to have proof, when all he has is conjecture is not being "informed", it's lying.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by seethelight]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Come on, there are UFOs in Dublin all the time, and they carry messages about 2012... just look up and see the light s

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

I have never seen an Atom but I believe they exist , I have never seen a Black Hole or Dark Matter but I believe they exist only because of scientific documentation .
Sometimes when the only proof available is the testimony of highly qualified military personnel obtained through declassified government documents and then as Robert has you get the story told to you first hand , I think that's the closest thing you are going to get to proof of ET existence this side of official disclosure .

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
Hastings is relying on Salas' claims. I was debating "alien believers" over on unexplained-mysteries.com... and it was going as usual. I continually presented strong evidence that the military was promoting alien invasion disinformation while the "believers" had NO EVIDENCE of aliens except testimony from --- military believers! haha.

So it was going as usual -- until the following came on to back up my position -- and blow away the ETHers:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

You're right -- that's exactly what Salas says -- and for years he maintained that UFOs shut down the missiles at Echo-Flight on March 16 1967. But, he was never there, he was never involved in the investigation, and everything he's ever said on the subject of Echo-Flight has been repeatedly disproven. Everytime an incident he that he's discussed is disproved, he changes his story. And now, he maintains that he had it all wrong -- UFOs had nothing to do with the shutdown at Echo-Flight. He says his memory of the events is faulty, but he still wrote a book on the subject! That doesn't sound like faulty memory -- if you've got faulty memory you don't write a book on he subject. You might do that, however, if you're a liar. The final report of the shutdown at Echo-Flight is very well known; if missiles were also shutdown as Oscar-Flight, as Salas now contends, why was there no summary or final report ofthe investigation , like there was at Echo-Flight? Salas wants us to believe that the government didn't publish a final report because they wanted to cover up the incident, but you and I both know that the government doesn't cover up an incident by ignoring it -- they publish a report of an investigation that says the reason the missiles shut down was something very conventional, like a computer error. By ignoring it, especially when there are other witnesses, you're simply throwing extra wood on the fire, calling attention to the incident by your very silence on the matter. Before believing him, I'd like to know why the Crew Commander -- his direct superior -- has never mentioned it to anybody; I'd like to know who thesesecurity personnel he continuously mentions were, why there aren't any debriefing statements available, even if just to deny any UFO observations. In fact, Salas never changes his story until someone comes around and refutes his "evidence," so as far I'm concerned his credibility is crap. You can believe him if you want to, but I think you'd have to be pretty naive to do so. As for non-military reports of UFOs, I've got to tell you, that has no bearing at all on whether or not the missiles my father was in charge of were shut down by UFOs. There are no witnesses at all, civilian or military, that indicate UFOs were hovering around or landing at Echo-Flight. Security teams at both Echo-Flight and November-Flight were interviewed -- interviews that even Salas now agrees were accurate -- and they all said the same thing: nothing strange happened. At Echo-Flight, the power grid dropped off line, the backup generators came on automatically as it was designed to, and the ten Echo-Flight missiles shut down. This was due to a power surge in the logic coupler of about ten volts. There were no reports ofUFOs except those from Salas made many years later, reports that he now claims were incorrect. There were no civilian UFO reports made that night, and nomilitary reports made that night either. The investigation even went into full radar and atmospheric characteristics, because they needed to know whether a lightning strike may have caused the power surge; all of the radar and atmospheric reports were also negative. There isn't a single piece of evidence supporting the claims Salas made regarding the Echo- and November-Flights -- nothing. The man has simply been caught telling too many lies, and I think any honest person would have to discount everything he has ever said on the subject -- and this is the ONLY person who has ever claimed thatUFOs They had UFOs "were hovering, not at the launch control facility but at the actual launch facilities where the missiles are located. They had some maintenance andsecurity people out there at the time and they observed the UFOs at those sites. Now they lost all ten of their weapons' all ten." The reports of the investigation, however, includes interviews with all of the maintenance and security people, and not one of them support his claims. There's absolutely nothing that supports his story in way whatsoever. On the other hand, there are a lot of people who have said there were no UFOs. You can believe his story about Oscar-Flight, if you like, but ask yourself, if a member of Congress was trying to substantiate some kind of an outrageous claim, and was forced to retract those claims on three separate occasions, changing his story each time to take into account each discrepancy, finally resting on a single tale that no one can challenge until the next eyewitness comes forward to note another fault in his story, and if this Congressman then writes a book on the topic, much of which he ends up having to deny -- well, would you believe him? Would you still trust him? I don't discount that UFOs may have showed up in other places from 1967 to now. Maybe they did buzz nuclear missiles sites in Great Britain, the Soviet Union, or other U.S. sites -- I just don't know. What I do know, however, is that UFOs were not involved in the shutdown of missiles at Echo-Flight on March 16, 1967, and that Robert Salas has repeatedly lied about the topic -- lies that have all been disputed so often and so definitively, that he has now been forced to change his entire tale. In my opinion, everything he has ever said on the subject should be most strenuously doubted. As for me, I believe my father, who was only the on-duty Crew Commander at Echo-Flight on March 16, 1967 when the ten missiles dropped offline for what was later determined to be a power surge. Not only can he speak on the subject with a hell of a lot more authority than Robert Salas, he's also possessed with a hell of a lot more integrity. ciao -- James Carlson

Disproving something somebody said with something somebody else said. great.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I hate to be the Devil's advocate but can we verify that you are who you say you are?

Now with that out of the way, welcome to ATS!

I hope you stick around to share with us your insights and knowledge.
Any chance you could hook up with Johnny Anonymous for a little Q & A?

I'm sure the members and owners of ATS would love to hear what you have to say.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Who is a UFO non-believer? UFO - Unidentified Flying Object.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thank you Robert Hastings for responding and thank you for the years of research that you have done, many around here truly appreciate this. I am also glad that you took the time and energy to respond to some accusations. I found Salas to be a very credible person and witness and I also find the research to be of the same.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Robert -- thanks for responding! Yes I had previously posted a link to the above comments by James Carlson from my "debunking the disclosure project" thread over at unexplained-mysteries.com... on ufomystic.com... and you had posted on ufomystic.com... but there had been no response to James Carlson's statements about Salas.

So I apologize for getting you upset and it's great that you have done the follow up on the statements of James Carlson.

I haven't read the links you posted yet -- just your response that you typed here. So a "large round object" was seen in the sky.

That is definitely a UFO! haha. Does it provide any evidence of aliens or extraterrestrials? No -- none what so ever. Does it indicate that something very powerful and unknown shut down the ICBMs? Yes and that truly is astounding.

I mean the Swords to Plowshares activists need to know about this if anything -- all those priests going to jail to stop the apocalyptic military industrial complex are obviously getting some help from somewhere! haha. I, myself, got arrested protesting against Project ELF, the Navy nuclear weapons antenna system that was subsequently shut down in Wisconsin.

Thanks again Robert Hasting for your great research and I look forward to reading your book.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Sounds like to me that if a person was inclined to increase one's chance of seeing a magnetic/plasma type craft or UFO....they should keep an eye on the local Military base or Nuclear plant.

Grayelf,you may be right about that -there seems to be quite a lot of UFO incidents (and government documentation) involving Nuclear facilities and weapon storage areas:

Incidents

Documents

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I don't know all that much about the hollow earth theory, but if advanced intellegent life does exist underground I could see their concern with nuclear technology and detonation above ground.

Sharing a planet would be a viable reason for the immediate sightings after we had achieved our nuclear capability.

I am just sayin.....

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Such a hugely disingenuous argument... or you're not too bright.

Atoms, even if you haven't seen them, have been first proven with the scientific method, then seen with microscopes by tens of thousands of scientists, world-wide, for decade, in repeatable circumstances.

In fact, we spilt atoms to win WW2.

Nothing even vaguely similar at all can be said about UFOs (and I mean alien craft).

If there was a huge history of people faking photos of atoms and to this day no one ever had seen them... well, you might have a point.

But as that's not even vaguely, remotely close to being true... well, like I said, you're either being offensively disingenuous... or you're not too bright.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah actually anomalist.com... the book publisher will release Mac Tonnies' book Cryptoterrestrials this spring which presents the underground race argument with some paranormal twists I think. Greg Bishop has read the book already and ufomystic.com... has been talking about it.

reply to post by arizonascott

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

To your other point.

Many many people hold high-ranking office/commissions that are crazy.

Just looney tunes crazy.

On this very board is a guy that invented (or helped invent) the word processor.

HE also believes aliens are behind 9/11 and that he's a faith healer and has healed, with his touch, people's cancer.

Being high ranking != honest or sane.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
One interesting thing I've pondered is if we will see a "showing" of UFOs when the Hadron Collider attempts its full power efforts. Might be a good idea to have some cameras ready.

IMO, Hastings is one of the few that I trust in this UFO field. Anyone that calls out Michael Salla's shoddy nonsense, like he does, will always have my respect. Hastings isn't one of those UFO hucksters, you're getting someone that takes the job seriously.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic

Serious people don't claim that things definitively exist without definitive proof.

Has he shown his definitive proof to people?

What is it?

As far as I can tell, no one has EVER found definitive proof of intelligently controlled extraterrestrial UFOs.

If someone has that definitive proof, that's agreed to be genuine, please post it for all of us to see...

...that's what I thought.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
I've looked, btw., for years, for something you could call definitive and what I've found is 99% hoax and 1% unexplainable.

It would be illogical for me to assume that simply because someone can't explain something away then it MUST be aliens.

I agree that a great number of reports are misidentifications and hoaxes. When I find cases that check out factually the way I delineate between the truly extraordinary versus fluff is by asking myself at any leg of the investigation, "Does this anomalous characteristic suggest intelligence?"

There are several cases that really do imply sentient-control and where the observed properties of the object are so far outside the envelope of what modern technology even comes close to approaching that one has to suspend disbelief to find a reasonable explanation.

All anyone has to do to convince themselves of this is read Brad Sparks' analysis of the RB-47 case (available in Clark's UFO Encyclopedia).

I would have to assume some of the 1% is military, some of it is HOAXES which haven't been discovered and some we may never know.

Your argument here is, "Since I don't have perfect information and I don't have the tools to easily know, it's not worth doing more investigation, and therefore I'm going to come to a prearranged conclusion for my own sanity."

Yes, your sanity will benefit, but your intellectual honesty will suffer.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Xtraeme]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join