It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Hastings has a message for UFO non-believers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Noted UFO researcher, lecturer and author Robert Hastings has researched the UFO-Nukes Connection since 1973 through declassified U.S. government documents released under the Freedom of Information Act
On July 16, 1945, Los Alamos had secretly tested the first atomic bomb in the desert near Alamogordo , then bombs two and three were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan on August 6th and 9th, Not long thereafter, according to the declassified documents, someone piloting “flying discs” or “flying saucers” began to monitor America’s atomic and thermonuclear weapons program on an ongoing basis.
Information uncovered by Hastings and other researchers reveals that intermittent UFO surveillance of Los Alamos, and other nuclear weapons-related sites, continued throughout and the Cold War era and beyond, occurring as recently as 2006.
Robert Hastings says he has a message for non-believers.

"There is a distinct and fundamental difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion. I've done the research for 30 years and they haven't. If they wish to indulge themselves with their uninformed opinion there is nothing I can do about that," said Hastings.

Source

Robert Hasting website
Dont shoot the messenger

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
S&F! Ooooooh! I'd love to see that whole lecture I've read some documents here and there about the UFO sightings at nuke sites but haven't read about how they are connected now I'm intrigued.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hastings is relying on Salas' claims. I was debating "alien believers" over on unexplained-mysteries.com... and it was going as usual. I continually presented strong evidence that the military was promoting alien invasion disinformation while the "believers" had NO EVIDENCE of aliens except testimony from --- military believers! haha.

So it was going as usual -- until the following came on to back up my position -- and blow away the ETHers:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

You're right -- that's exactly what Salas says -- and for years he maintained that UFOs shut down the missiles at Echo-Flight on March 16 1967. But, he was never there, he was never involved in the investigation, and everything he's ever said on the subject of Echo-Flight has been repeatedly disproven. Everytime an incident he that he's discussed is disproved, he changes his story. And now, he maintains that he had it all wrong -- UFOs had nothing to do with the shutdown at Echo-Flight. He says his memory of the events is faulty, but he still wrote a book on the subject! That doesn't sound like faulty memory -- if you've got faulty memory you don't write a book on he subject. You might do that, however, if you're a liar. The final report of the shutdown at Echo-Flight is very well known; if missiles were also shutdown as Oscar-Flight, as Salas now contends, why was there no summary or final report ofthe investigation , like there was at Echo-Flight? Salas wants us to believe that the government didn't publish a final report because they wanted to cover up the incident, but you and I both know that the government doesn't cover up an incident by ignoring it -- they publish a report of an investigation that says the reason the missiles shut down was something very conventional, like a computer error. By ignoring it, especially when there are other witnesses, you're simply throwing extra wood on the fire, calling attention to the incident by your very silence on the matter. Before believing him, I'd like to know why the Crew Commander -- his direct superior -- has never mentioned it to anybody; I'd like to know who thesesecurity personnel he continuously mentions were, why there aren't any debriefing statements available, even if just to deny any UFO observations. In fact, Salas never changes his story until someone comes around and refutes his "evidence," so as far I'm concerned his credibility is crap. You can believe him if you want to, but I think you'd have to be pretty naive to do so. As for non-military reports of UFOs, I've got to tell you, that has no bearing at all on whether or not the missiles my father was in charge of were shut down by UFOs. There are no witnesses at all, civilian or military, that indicate UFOs were hovering around or landing at Echo-Flight. Security teams at both Echo-Flight and November-Flight were interviewed -- interviews that even Salas now agrees were accurate -- and they all said the same thing: nothing strange happened. At Echo-Flight, the power grid dropped off line, the backup generators came on automatically as it was designed to, and the ten Echo-Flight missiles shut down. This was due to a power surge in the logic coupler of about ten volts. There were no reports ofUFOs except those from Salas made many years later, reports that he now claims were incorrect. There were no civilian UFO reports made that night, and nomilitary reports made that night either. The investigation even went into full radar and atmospheric characteristics, because they needed to know whether a lightning strike may have caused the power surge; all of the radar and atmospheric reports were also negative. There isn't a single piece of evidence supporting the claims Salas made regarding the Echo- and November-Flights -- nothing. The man has simply been caught telling too many lies, and I think any honest person would have to discount everything he has ever said on the subject -- and this is the ONLY person who has ever claimed thatUFOs They had UFOs "were hovering, not at the launch control facility but at the actual launch facilities where the missiles are located. They had some maintenance andsecurity people out there at the time and they observed the UFOs at those sites. Now they lost all ten of their weapons' all ten." The reports of the investigation, however, includes interviews with all of the maintenance and security people, and not one of them support his claims. There's absolutely nothing that supports his story in way whatsoever. On the other hand, there are a lot of people who have said there were no UFOs. You can believe his story about Oscar-Flight, if you like, but ask yourself, if a member of Congress was trying to substantiate some kind of an outrageous claim, and was forced to retract those claims on three separate occasions, changing his story each time to take into account each discrepancy, finally resting on a single tale that no one can challenge until the next eyewitness comes forward to note another fault in his story, and if this Congressman then writes a book on the topic, much of which he ends up having to deny -- well, would you believe him? Would you still trust him? I don't discount that UFOs may have showed up in other places from 1967 to now. Maybe they did buzz nuclear missiles sites in Great Britain, the Soviet Union, or other U.S. sites -- I just don't know. What I do know, however, is that UFOs were not involved in the shutdown of missiles at Echo-Flight on March 16, 1967, and that Robert Salas has repeatedly lied about the topic -- lies that have all been disputed so often and so definitively, that he has now been forced to change his entire tale. In my opinion, everything he has ever said on the subject should be most strenuously doubted. As for me, I believe my father, who was only the on-duty Crew Commander at Echo-Flight on March 16, 1967 when the ten missiles dropped offline for what was later determined to be a power surge. Not only can he speak on the subject with a hell of a lot more authority than Robert Salas, he's also possessed with a hell of a lot more integrity. ciao -- James Carlson

EDIT: Emphasis bolded in quote, as the big quote can tend to lose a reader...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks Gortex, also would love to hear this whole confernce, like Hastings..

S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I really appreciate people like Hastings, and I wish there were more in the field. The Hynek's and the Hastings are the people that give credibility to the subject matter.

Thanks you to the Op

Str and flag'd

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I've just read a very, very interesting article in the January 2010 edition of Share International Magazine that details the relationship between the UFO phenomenon and our Nuclear activities.

Not only are UFO's actively watching and monitoring our use of Nuclear Fission, they actually mop up the radiation as best they can within Karmic Laws. They have also been instrumental in helping to mitigate internationals conflicts that would have led to nuclear confrontation

The growing incidence of Alzheimer’s disease at ever younger ages throughout the world is a direct result of the high concentration of nuclear energy at the higher etheric levels, not registered by the instruments of our present-day scientists. This energy plays on the human brain, causing more and more Alzheimer’s, memory loss, disorientation, and the gradual breakdown of our body’s defence system.

The Space Brothers, mainly from Mars and Venus, are engaged on a spiritual mission to neutralize this nuclear radiation. They are not allowed to completely neutralize all the extant nuclear radiation, but within the karmic law they do, using various implosive devices. They neutralize the radiation that we are pumping into the atmosphere from every nuclear power station without exception, and from all nuclear experimentation. We are continually making more and craftier bombs that will be more deadly than previous bombs. All of that experimentation releases into our atmosphere clouds of nuclear radiation that we do not know about. We cannot measure it and therefore we deny its existence.

Our nuclear scientists believe they have total control of nuclear energy, which, demonstrably, they do not. They have no understanding of the four etheric levels of matter above the solid, liquid and gaseous levels and therefore a limited knowledge of what they know as nuclear energy. It is deadly and is increasingly damaging the health of the people of this planet.

There's also included an amazing photo of a huge extraordinary object in the sky over Peru.

Here's the link to this article:

www.share-international.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Again I posted James Carlson's information -- the link to it -- on ufomystic.com... when Greg Bishop was in contact with Robert Hastings. Hastings never responded to these direct contradictions with the research of Salas whom Hastings relies on for his book. So all I'm asking is for James Carlson to be heard in light of Salas' book -- we need to consider that it's possible the source for Salas is bunk:

You state here: "Captain Robert Salas -- Airforce base, Montana 1971 Minuteman Missiles sees red glow, oval hovering outside gate and losses 6 to 8 missiles -- confirmed by retired colonel. Echo-flight also lost 10 weapons with a UFO -- confirmed by Captain Eric Carlson and Lt. Colonal Walt Feigel with FOIA documents from Airforce stating UFOs. (again top secret aircraft -- big deal). SAC Headquarters telexes the same information." CAPT Eric Carlson is my father and he never confirmed anything regarding the UFO sighting referred to above (it was in 1967, by the way). You should know also that Robert Salas is a liar, confirmed as such many times in the past. Salas' account states that my father and First Lieutenant Walt Figel, the Echo-Flight Missile Combat Crew, were below ground in the E-Flight Launch Control Center (LCC) or capsule during the incident, and that during the early morning hours, more than one report came in from security patrols and maintenance crews that UFOs were in the area. A UFO was supposedly reported directly above one of the E-Flight launch facilities. These sightings supposedly occurred at the same time the missiles went into "off-alert" status. In other words, the UFOs were supposedly the cause of the entire flight of ten ICBMs going offline. All of their missiles reported a "No-Go" condition – i.e., they became inoperable, apparently due to a Guidance and Control (G&C) System fault. Although declassified documents support the assertion that there was a missile line failure throughout the E-Flight complex, no documentation supports the story told here of UFOs having anything whatsoever to do with the failure. True believers see this as “proof” that the government is hiding the actual facts of the March 16, 1967 incident. It’s apparently far more reasonable to believe that the government is lying about UFOs, than to believe that Jim Klotz and Robert Salas – who actually made some money off of this smelly butt – might have lied about UFOs being involved in a national security incident 30 years earlier. Since the publication of their article, the motivation to maintain this series of half-truths and lies has escalated: Salas and Klotz have now published a book on the incident titled Faded Giant. Contrary to accepted probabilities, the book is being sold as "non-fiction". I can assure you that absolutely nothing out of the ordinary happened that Thursday morning, March 16, 1967 in the E-Flight Launch Control Center. There was a computer malfunction, but given the quality of computers used in 1967 – even state of the art computers -- this was hardly a rare occurrence. There was an investigation, but this was standard operating procedure, and again was nothing new. Everything else is totally false, from the UFOs on down. There was a security breach, one that actually explains Don Crawford’s tale in which he tells a security guard that ‘“We no longer record those kinds of reports,” indicating he didn’t want to hear about the UFO.’ Security called in to report that a bear had been seen, not a UFO, and it was scratching itself on an alarmed fence. The security crew was told to shoot at it, to get it go away, since nobody wanted the alarms going off all night but this wasn’t given as permission, as Crawford asserts, since the security guards didn’t need permission to fire their weapons. There wouldn’t be much point giving security guards weapons if they had to get permission every time they needed to use them. Crawford’s story notwithstanding, security breaches were rare. Computer failures, however, were not. And when the computers failed, the missiles tended to go offline. That's why mobile crews were always part of the watch structure. Security alert Teams were often dispatched from Echo in those days, because they provided tier one security for the missiles. There were, however, no UFOs seen by anybody concerned, and had Figel received such a report from one of the mobile security crews and not informed the strike teams – or my father, who was in charge during the watch – as all the above article asserts, he would have been arrested. That didn't happen, however, and my father, being the watch Captain, is absolutely certain that no such report was ever made. Searches were made, but no record or log entry was ever uncovered This wasn’t due to a conspiracy. Nothing was found because nothing was there. Captain Don Crawford's crew relieved the Echo Flight crew later that morning, and his statement many years later that both Carlson and Figel were "still visibly shaken by what had occurred" is also a lie, one that he has since routinely told whenever he can get the ear of the press. The fact that "missiles had been lost to our deterrent forces," and had remained out of service “for an entire day" is irrelevant – as I said, silo, computer, and power losses were common; they were also cause for investigation, but investigations were also common. Declassified documents support this, and in act the command history states that a "walk-thru inspection of the HF Hardened Antennas at Malmstrom was conducted during February by Boeing and SATAF personnel. The antennas were already equipped in the LFs but were not in working order. The walk-thru inspection had an average of 40 discrepencies per site." This was only one month before the supposed UFO incident that Klotz and Salas discuss above. The men and women who gave so much of their time and ability to protect America from any and all imaginable threats were under a lot of pressure to develop a state of the art defense system, and were in the unenviable position of having to deploy such systems before they were perfected, or in many cases, even completed. In 1967, upgrading of live, operable systems was the norm. Failure of operational systems was common, and to blame such failure on the presence of a UFO is absolutely ridiculous. It is a good way to get attention, though, and there are a lot of people out there who like to get attention. These people tend to start reckless rumors; such rumors were even mentioned in the unclassified command history: "Rumors of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) around the area of Echo Flight during the time of fault were disproven. A Mobile Strike Team, which had checked all November Flight's LFs on the morning of 16 March 67, were questioned and stated that no unusual activity or sightings were observed.” Please note that originally, Salas told everyone that he was on duty March 16, 1967 in the November Flight Launch Control Center (LCC), not Oscar-Flight as he now admits. November was closest to Echo Flight, where the missile failures occurred, and it was at November Flight – as indicated in the above noted history – where UFO rumors centered. Oscar-Flight, being 20 miles away, wasn’t even mentioned. UFO reports were never logged and no investigation of UFO sightings by Air Force or civil personnel was ever conducted. Some years ago, my father was asked to appear on a television show with Mr. Robert Salas, and those who requested this intimated that some money could be made out of the situation. I'm proud to say that my father has a lot more integrity than some of the other parties involved and didn't even consider appearing. Mr. Robert Salas was the Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander at the Oscar Flight during the morning hours of 16 March 1967. He contends that a security NCO at the front gate called him to report a UFO maneuvering above the silos, although there are no records of this. He's also responsible for a lot of the dissemination of this abortion of an "eyewitness" account, and contends that the reported electrical problems at the Echo Flight LCC – where my father was on watch – were somehow linked to the UFO maneuvering above the silos of the Oscar Flight LCC twenty miles away. It’s almost as if someone in an area of classified authority and legal trust was looking about for an incident of some sort that was reported with which to link an outlandish tale of UFO interference with national defense interests. Ideally, such a tale would have been far more effective had this hypothetical manipulator been able to convince my father to play along. But a statement from Captain Don Crawford that the Echo Flight crew was "still visibly shaken by what had occurred," as well as a description from him of an undated, unreferenced UFO sighting by security personnel that was never entered into a watch log or investigated by any military or civil authority would also tend to lessen any impact from the absence of corroborating data. Retired Air Force colonel Bill Coleman – the Air Force's chief public relations officer during the early 1970s – has stated that in his opinion, upon reviewing the case, the absence of any records whatsoever supporting Robert Salas’ contention is probably due to the fact that Salas was rattled by a routine SAC shakedown. "SAC was famous for running all kinds of tests to challenge security systems – they did it all the time," adding that it "could easily have been a test created by the SAC commander to neutralize the weapons site to gauge the response measures. These are the kinds of things SAC does routinely. This captain should've known it was a test. Either that, or he's lying about it." Mr. Robert Salas states that although the Air Force conducted a thorough investigation of these supposed UFO sightings and the defense shutdowns, no cause could be determined, although he does theorize that an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) of the kind created by an atomic weapon's blast may be the culprit. His account, however, isn't exactly thorough. To be accurate, no cause for the outages could be determined by the investigators at a "field" level – in other words, they couldn't find an exact cause through the testing of live, operational equipment without bringing all of the systems down for a complete check. They couldn't do this while still retaining 24-7 defense capabilities for reasons I've already stated: any work, even component upgrading, for the most part had to be completed on live, operable systems. This tends to limit conclusions during trouble-shooting trials. The initial investigation report, in fact, states that "Further studies of this problem will be accomplished at the contractors [sic] facility since a full engineering investigation is not feasible at this level." The investigators did, however, eventually complete a "full engineering investigation" at the contractor's facility. My father recalls a technical publication of many hundreds of pages detailing this and other computer failures. It was a requirement that such a publication be written to prevent such failures happening in the future. He told me that his recollections are that the failure that night was due to a power surge in the guidance and control system – a common enough incident even today. In fact, the civil and military investigating teams determined that by introducing a 10 volt pulse onto a data line leading into the logic coupler, they were able repeat the shutdown effects 80% of the time. To say, therefore, that no explanation could be found for the failures is arrogant and foolish, when anyone who takes the time to look into the matter can easily figure out the truth of what actually went on. Salas says that such a pulse or "noise" occurring in the field and getting inside the shielded missile system equipment was impossible, but that too is technically incorrect, since the computers running everything to do with the missiles naturally had a power source that could be traced and studied easily enough to inject a 10 volt pulse into the logic coupler as the investigating team did. Such voltage spikes in the electric potential in a given circuit are typically caused by lightning strikes, power outages, tripped circuit breakers, short circuits, and power transitions in other large equipment on the same power line. In this case, the emergency generators kept tripping on and off, which is indicative of power losses within the system. So, what do we call it when a ten-volt pulse is introduced into a data system? We call it a power surge; surge protectors of the kind we can now pick up for $30.00 at Walmart hadn't yet been introduced into the U.S. economical system, and surges happened a lot, even in shielded systems. Even today, shielding is never 100% efficient, as any electrical engineer can tell you. In fact, computers in general circa 1967 weren't exactly as sophisticated as they are today. The processing capability I have in my living room is more than NASA used to put a man on the moon, so when these screwballs use the technical reports to indicate that the missile failures were the result of a UFO contact, they're more insulting than they are convincing. I guess one of the more annoying characteristics of modern man is that he tends to believe everything he reads, and that's a definite problem for anybody who prefers to limit disinformation before it creates a hot-air windstorm through the social synapses of our national counter-culture. f***ers like these need public humiliation, but instead our TV time in 30 minute increments puts them on the air, and pays them to repeat their irrelevant loads of gibberish, until suddenly there are new stars in America. I just wish they'd keep my family out of it. Regards, James Carlson

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
great find and thanks for the info Op... I cant wait to see the whole. I am dying to know how many people have been documented. Well, considering he's going from 47 to 50 to 75, probably quite a few. S+F4U

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xfiler

please tell me you're not taking that dribble seriously

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

ok.. all the long winded posts won't draw you any more attention beyond annoying people. Now.. have you read hastings' book? Read it for yourself? or are you relying on what james carlson said? either way, even salas was never credibly or officially debunked, or labelled a liar. As far as the airforce is conserned, his claim, and involvement was official, important, and legitimate enough to take seriously. SO whats next, the Air FOrce is not credible because of......

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
genocide. Yes the air force is not credible because of genocide.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Knew I heard an interview with Hastings this past year, you can download it here at the Paracast

www.theparacast.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
O.K. so Hastings is relying on Salas -- both of whom are interviewed on the paracast -- only Eric Carlson's son James Carlson says that Salas is LYING about Eric Carlson. And James Carlson has posted this information online. I've had it forwarded to Hastings.

No response from Hastings.

So I'm not going to listen to Hastings if he refuses to respond to someone's son saying that Salas lied about his dad.

Hastings said he would get back to us on this lie by Salas. Thus far nothing.

reply to post by Aquarius1

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sounds like to me that if a person was inclined to increase one's chance of seeing a magnetic/plasma type craft or UFO....they should keep an eye on the local Military base or Nuclear plant.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here's an interesting UFO video...

It helps to read the information to the right of the video (in YouTube).

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Connection!!! it would be easy for them to watch our nuclear program if area 51 is what we believe it to be according to project bluebook. because there is a bombing range a nuclear testing lab and range not even 30 miles away from area 51. on another note my dad had a friend when he was stationed in nellis AFB and he is a pilot and it is said his wing clipped a corner of area 51's airspace and that pilot disapeared for 8 months and when he returned he wasnt the same and was forced to resign from the air force. this man was an afgahn and iraqi war vet so kinda odd that 1 slip up and he's out. apperently he was a steller fighter pilot too.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
Here's an interesting UFO video...

It helps to read the information to the right of the video (in YouTube).

And what does that video have to do with this topic?.
Those video's have been discussed on ATS many times btw.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Wow I sure got told! LOLOMFGBBQD!

Lets see. I read (trudged through, really) one of this guys articles on his website- something more (no doubt) than most tin-foil hat wearers here would do (We all know you don't: you'd rather read the sensational bits and get a cursory view, then copy/paste the garbage all over the net, right Chicken Little?)

He footnotes himself. Nice. And the 2 external footnotes/citations are all hearsay.

He offers no less than 3 dozen "I have"'s throught this article "UFO Sightings at ICBM blah blah", and yet cannot produce 1. Single. Shred. Of Evidence other than "the documents have been released! They are there!" and then proceeds to quote himself as further proof.

Lame.

Here's the problem UFO declassification people: Until you can present some credible link to supposedly declassified documents (per the Freedom of Information Act- which this guy LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES to go on about), it's called "Hearsay".

Now I realize it takes some work to go to google and look up hearsay. I could tell you what it means now, but I won't. You need to learn to do the most remedial research yourself. Further, you need to learn what is, and what is not, credible evidence. Finally you need to learn what is sensational bullcrap/fearmongering, and what is relating an honest opinion or thought beyond your copypasta standards.

In short- Is this guy credible? Not at all. Could he back up any single statement he made? Not at all. Does he provide any sources for any statements, any hint of where to go? Not at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Meesterjojo

Here's the problem UFO declassification people: Until you can present some credible link to supposedly declassified documents (per the Freedom of Information Act- which this guy LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES to go on about), it's called "Hearsay".

Well its not hearsay because the documents exist if you can be bothered to look for them .
Just one example

Hastings first became interested in UFOs after an experience he had while visiting his father on Malmstrom Air Force base, a nuclear missile site in Montana, in 1967. "I happened to be present at the base air traffic control tower when five UFOs were being tracked on radar," Hastings said. "I learned later that these objects had been maneuvering near underground nuclear missile silos."

Here is a link to the FOIA Documents on that case for you .
community.theblackvault.com...
This site contains an extensive collection of FOIA Documents for your enjoyment if you can be bothered to look through them .

FOIA Documents front page
community.theblackvault.com...

Edit to add

[edit on 24-1-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
great information, i been claiming the same here on ATS fro past 2 years, but someone on ATS didnt liked it

well, im BACk

star & flag

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join