It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Drugs: What a Joke! (MUST-SEE VIDEO!!)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think that every American war was a drug war, because every American war is/was fueled and paid for by drugs.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Normal thought is regulated by neurochemicals which are drugs.

'___',the strongest hallucinogen of the lot,by a long shot,is found in every human brain as well as in all ecosystems.

And,speaking of jokes,finding something funny and laughing is another drug high.

To speak of any topic,you really ought to have first hand experience,not second hand,anechdotal,propogandistic overgeneralisation filled talking points.

Those drive the curious to find out for themselves without guidance.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by TheLoony

((snip))

Case 1: ) Johny has pot. Johny keeps smoking because, as you said, you can't OD from it. Johny gets so high he's willing to do anything. Johny gets this sick idea. He thinks he can go around and be a dumb ass knocking over mailboxes from his car with a bat. ((snip))

Legalize pot and you will save thousands of mailboxes.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Save mailboxes,HaHa,millions maybe even.

Here's my take on the medical aspect and to explain possibly the reluctance to accept a clear potential therepeutic agent.I think the practice of medicine is called a practice and not an art is because it's not complete.Half of medicine is cure of disease,the other half is gathering data points.Cannabis induces a mental effect which is listed as a symptom and treated as a bad thing because it skews data gathering.Also is the fact of unpredictibility,of course.But this mental effect is the crux of the matter.'One man's meat as another's poison',never applied more.

The main last 'up their sleeve' card the PTB have pulled in their court cases in past and expectedly in future cite international treaties,which we pushed,of course.We the people need to have somehow international treaties on our side.Then,since the steppingstone theory was unsuccessfully applied by Gonzalez vs. UDV in a unanimous ruling of SCROTUS and they have to prove actual harm not alleged rhetoric drug warrior testimoney in the case of religious Ayahuasca use,'___' in PPM amounts,in DEA definition..This was the current SCROTUS lineupso it looks good,we just can't blow it with a bad case.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ears Have Walls

CANNABIS CURES DISEASES THE END. or more acurately THC hemp oil does, how about talking about that.
I am not even gona bother to post Rick Simpson here, people already have and you ignored them as much as me and the OP. How many of your family and friends have to die from totally cureable diseases before you say NO MORE LIES. Yes thats you at the top of the tree aswell your family your friends.

People just think they are right simple as that. cannaboids cure disease, cannaboids cure cancer. what is the matter with people at ATS, it seems most of the people here, are here only to dismiss anything that an OP puts up.

If bush senior and pals had not banned Cannabis this world would have been a paradise of zero disease and eco homes (your home is a posion trap by the way) and no need for the devils oil. Im not saying people wouldnt disagree etc we just would not be dieing of pathetic non existent diseases. Go buy some more worthless panadox, tramalol, killusallodox.. why not were worthless anyway. Keep drinking that aspartame diet coke and that MSG pizza, luvly disease in a box where can i get some.

It isnt about cannabis being illegal its about a chemical that can save everyone on the planet from a slow painful death being banned... plus the other million uses it has like say a home built from it clothes, food, medical, etc etc etc im sure this has been said on ATS already and im pretty sure you trust your doctors alot more. There is no War On Drugs only a war on us...

www.phoenixtears.ca...

Anyway beLIEve what you need to beLIEve to get you through the day.

www.truthinlabeling.org... MSG
www.health-report.co.uk... Beacause your worth it.
www.holisticmed.com... Aspartame

www.cyborcosis.org.uk... Music, Art And Links That Matter

We are Occultured
They are Cult Of Self

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
who's stopping u from growing marijuana, plant a seed keep it to urselves, don't blab and brag to ur friends, keep it secret and hidden, dont make a big deal out of it and in 3 months you'll have some bud to smoke.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

wrong way to go about thinking about the situation and definitely the wrong way of dealing with it

only guilty people hide things, there should be no guilt in using medical marijuana given the medical potential is possesses

by staying in the shadow and allowing the government to keep control, means basically giving up

this is a supposedly free country, so we all have the right to give up

however when you give up one thing, where does it stop

what will you have to hide next?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, queue all the fools trying to bait the mods into closing the thread. I knew this type of BS would happen as soon as they lifted the all out ban on discussing the conspiracy behind prohibition. Probably just a bunch of tools who are actually against legalization, pretending to be stereotype pothead idiots to derail the thread and take the discussion off the table completely.

I hope the admin doesn't give into what you morons are trying to accomplish.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
All that footage wasn't from American Drug War some of it was from Grass!

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Back on topic.The joke is on us,we the people if we don't get something done about this.We have the internet,with facts galore on our side.Petition possibilities are so much better than when I had the attempted million of the late BoB Kundert's in my posession,about ten thousand pages.

My novel thought for today is;We need to tie the current ire against the medical/insurance establishments with their direct support of the current prohibitions.
They don't want us 'self-medicating'
They want to sell us their product.
They are spending huge money on lobbyists to prop up this and other self medical areas such as vitamins and health herbs.
Back in the day,if you didn't grow hemp,you had no thread.1700's
Gotta change the law That's what this topic is about.Keep your sketchy comments far far away.
PS Another thing is how easily one can be set up by a 'drop baggie'.This combined with the unknown intrusions of god knows whom results in a place where even Mr Self Righteous can be set up.Little wipe on the deerknob/handle to get the dog to hit to get the prob cause to find the 'evidence' and even you can be speechless with cognitive dissonance as they do it.The drug war was the origonal false flag,with a weight of inertia as it's main force,now that the science is being done despite their worst efforts.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by trueforger]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I haven't read every comment in the thread but of those I did not one mentioned the idea that war on drugs is RACIALLY MOTIVATED.
Who smoked herb first in this country? Blacks and mexicans.
The first marijuana laws in America were made to punish mexicans.

Even today the big push is against what drug? crack. Where is crack coc aine to be found?
You know the answer.

Drug use is a psychological and medical issue, not a law-enforcement or judicial issue. If drugs are so bad why do we insist on punishing people further for using them?

There is no war on drugs, it's a war on people, primarily minorities.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
reply to post by randomname

only guilty people hide things, there should be no guilt in using medical marijuana given the medical potential is possesses

Your statement is correct, their should be no guilt in using medical marijuana. Sadly enough, that is not the world we live in. We live in a world where legal medical marijuana clinics are raided by the DEA and local police. In California, the situation is absolutely devastating. I went to a town hall meeting in a neighboring city where local police illegally raided a medical marijuana clinic. Not only did they take all the product and patient files, they took hundreds of dollars from a fund the collective created for a local cancer patient who could not afford his medication. They laughed as they did so.

Medical Marijuana patients have no choice but to hide their medication. They are constantly persecuted by politicians, employers, the media and so called "concerned citizens."

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Ya they call it a war for a reason.
Nothing like a buncha cops pointing guns at you,safeties off.
Not to be forgotten.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They shoot you in the back for having a harmless flower in your possession. They ruin the lives of your family. They take all your possessions. They slander your name and they won't let you be part of society. They make money from their repression. They are bad people, we are good.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

All you have to do is watch that DEA television show and you see these uneducated scummy looking grease balls acting like gangsters where they let the guys go who join them (cooperate) and ruin the lives of those who don't. It really makes no sense.

They see themselves as better than everyone else, but in reality they are no different than anybody else, other than the power they have to hurt people. Even with the laws and attitudes changing they continue to hit legal state distributors.

They no longer represent the people they represent themselves & their unions and they are truly the enemy - no different than the NAZI soldiers were to the Jews in WWII.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
who's stopping u from growing marijuana, plant a seed keep it to urselves, don't blab and brag to ur friends, keep it secret and hidden, dont make a big deal out of it and in 3 months you'll have some bud to smoke.

What is stopping me is the helicopters flying around with "sniffers" on them to detect marijuana grow-ops.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
^^Don't grow loads then, just enough for you, one or two, isolated and low^^
[Don't bring it into an "Economic crime" area, keep it non profit and personal.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely agree with MJ legalisation.

Policing should be about criminal and antisocial behaviours!

Anybody indulging in other substance recreation from Alcohol, should be able to do so without interference as long as they are peaceable and respectful to others, police should not prioritise them as things stand at the present until laws eventually change, every nation.

The U.N. has changed it's main views on drugs, Cannabis in particular, just domestic governments haven't caught up yet.

***Policing should be about prioritising the worst elements of society and dealing with violent crime, crime against property etc.***

Not as if police of nations do not have enough to focus on in those areas without focusing on well behaved 'illicit' substance users!

Legalise Cannabis Alliance has some great info and a friendly forum where open discussion is welcomed, as too, the international community.
www.lca-uk.org...

Marc Emery's Cannabis Culture, CannaCult, has lots more info covering all dimensions as well as another excellent forum where open diiscussion is welcomed, also an international community.
www.cannabisculture.com...

Peace.

[Another dimension of possible consequnces and current consequences of prohibition and reference to U.N. shift in percetion of drug use issues in societies of nations, as i articulated here and can be checked out from last year by searching references to the U.N. assembly early last year in regards to United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and the analysis of the past decade in the 'war on drugs' and the obvious paradigm shift from then and where U.N. mandates have changed, domestic governments are yet to shift policy in line with current U.N. consensus.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My posts specific. www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=DeltaPan ]

[edit on 13-2-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Cannabis... where do i start.

Cannabis has helped inspire more modern and ancient thinkers and reformers (lets not forget the per-formers aswel, we love you bob) than any other substance.

IMO cannabis has been controlled because it makes people take 5 minutes out of their life, where they can sit and think.. and as they smoke down and down their doobie, more thoughts and answers are sparking around their head. this isnt good if you want to control the way people think.

ps. cannabis destroy's communities? pff.. this reeks of doublethink IMO.
cannabis has MADE communites, think about it. dealer, distributer, grower, user, paraphanalia and growing equipment amongst others that have grown up out of NEED.

please tell me if this doesent make sense to you guys

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IncrementEthicalAnarchy

please tell me if this doesent make sense to you guys

I can't possibly tell you it doesn't make sense to me, because it does.

Plenty of sense.

I think people would be more accepting of your point when you talk if you substituted "dealer" which carries negative connotation in perception, to "Purveyor", which has more positive connotation in perception.

It's street dealers, lower tier dealers, in many communities, who sell anything to anybody, at inflated cost and commonly adulterated products, many of whom will step people up to adulterated hard drugs to secure a customer base. Sell any old crap, immature and uncured weed, quick grown for profits nothing else, so long as they can sting people and make as much cash as they can get away with with as little adulterated or substandard product they can get away with, immature and uncured cannabis with raw THC is what is causal to psychosis cited as being the main problem, which is a nonsense, THC and Terpines oxidise/metabolise to a greater range of Cannabinoids and Terpinoids when grown to maturity and cured, which then affords Cannabis it's wide ranges of effect and "personality" and isn't a cause of psychosis, the unregulated, black market industry to this popular drug is what causes the negatives cited by prohibitionists who haven't any real understanding because of arrogance, when properly grown and matured and cured the incidence of psychosis would be entirely minimal, of course, like anything, it can be abused, those who abuse are the problem though and react badly whatever they abuse, i call some people who abuse drugs especially Alcohol then react badly, criminally/antisocially "substance intolerant" and they require monitoring and treatment to compel them to substance free life, not the drugs prohibited because of such a minority as prohibition solves nothing simply causes more problems as problem users disappear under the radar and away from anybody who can help them until it's too late, too far gone to be helped or they are dead, with a tolerant regulated system such people would be more visible so can be helped, prohibition criminalisation of end users creates victims, helps nobody but those who profit from Alcohol.

What people don't realise is Alcohol also causes psychosis in people and cannot be minimised through ensuring maturity and curing like cannabis, it makes people schizoid in a session, almost immediate effects, turning mild mannered people into raging nut jobs within an hour when abused and that abuse predominates any sensible trends in society, a majority abuse Alcohol, a sign of the times that people seek it as a coping mechanism where it quickly addicts the user and so the range of personal and social problems we see everywhere, like it has destroyed every aboriginal/indigenous community it has culturally contaminated throughout history.

In the places where Cannabis is now tolerated and has authorised outlets, such as California, they aren't dealers, they purvey the product, decent product which customers get well grown and cured weed and they know what strains they are getting and so know it will have varying effect and usage, unlike the street which is any old crap they can get to sell on.

Much like a purveyor of fine wines, they are purveyors of well grown and cured Cannabis strains.

In places where Cannabis is still illegal, there are many who do care outside of organised criminals farming for nothing but profit who have no ethics, those who do care treat the product well, grow to mature then cure and price fairly to weights purchased etc, bit different to what the common perception of a "dealer" is.

I agree with your points though matey, Alcohol does tend to destroy modern communities, Cannabis can heal and create, as is the case historically as much as spiritual enhancer in temple, meditations etc, it's recreational use is communal, in a very different way to people switching off their minds and self controls in pubs and bars into more isolated group use, on streets or in homes, much more social than Alcohol to most however much Alcohol is used and seen in a social context, it's an idealism more than reality, as much as addicts protecting their drug of choice fuelled by denial of the damages Alcohol incontrovertibility causes when one considers the wholesale social destruction Alcohol causes, the illnesses and shortened lives, violence and murders all Alcohol fueled, abjectly legalised degeneration in society and community as much as personally, which is the reality, Alcohol is destructive and while i don't say it should be banned outright, (my perosonal sentiment, especially spirit Alcohol, only good for alternative fuels and medical uses etc, not consumption), in social context it should be kept permitted as any substance, other substances must be available to offset Alcohol use which with so many becomes abuse very quickly, whilst any drug abuse as differentiated from simple & manageable use, is problematical, contary to the common beliefs derived from propaganda which is pro Alcohol and anti everything else, Alcohol is invariably more dangerous and destructive than the other drugs which are prohibited, fact, it's adulterations and high cost caused by prohibition which causes those problems prohibitionsists point to, nothing but propaganda which favours the Alcohol industry to the detriment of society and social stability.

One thing is crucial in educating people regards informed drug use though.
Mixing two or more very different drugs with varying neurochemical effects is a predominator to lack of behavioral controls and psychological aberrations, Alcohol in conjuct Cannabis, Alcohol in conjunct Cocaine etc, is Dangerous, use one or another, mixing has undesired consequences usually not realised by the user, all have different effects which can & do adversly conflict neurochemical function, alone in use are safer, benign even.

Cannabis being a main alternative wanted by society in growing numbers, everything has negatives but any negatives from Cannabis pale to insignificance compared to the negatives of Alcohol use/abuse.

Permit Cannabis, the negatives of Alcohol abuse will diminish, simple as that.

Not to mention alternate uses to more harmful pharmacological drugs, it is much more compatible with the Human organism in medicinal use than are most synthetics.

Peace.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

very interesting video... thanks for sharing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join