It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tank Farm Road

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hey man no sweat. I really enjoyed ur very lonnnnggg wall of text. It had me intriuged. Even if you didnt have a great outcome.

So yeah its confirmed a tank farm, lots of ppl beat me to it lol. I used to work for SGS as an inspector and saw concrete tank slabs all the time and had to climb and deal with shoretanks ALOT and the large mounds like mentioned before are levees. Yeah 20-40 ft sometimes less, mostly those are even made of concrete nowadays and are in mostly all tankfarms in the US... so Tank Farm indeed it is.

Now i do understand you wanting to find out the REAL purpose of this place.

My opnion from ur story and what ur school buddy told you and what not. Most likely it was a WWII military tank farm probably used to store fuel for military vehicle and put way out there incase of mainland attacks. Which would be why there are blast doors and an underground area. More than likely if there's anything left underground, probably a few sherman tanks and possibly some offices?

So say we've established that Yes its an oil tank farm and yes there is an underground base there or underground garage.

The question is (which i believe ur asking) would more or less be;

"I understand that it's a tank farm, and i understand that there is indeed an undground base/garage here. BUT what EXACTLY was done at this base?, and why so far from civilization?"

Somethin roundabout that.

Who knows? maybe it is just a simple military oil farm, or maybe thats just what it was supposed to look like....or include?

Yeah alot of ppl have given you flack for much of this and alot like ur post and are curious too. So questions can be asked and yes no matter what evidence of it being "nothing important" is thrown at you, the bottom line is no one here trusts the gov't as far as we can throw them so who knows. Maybe they made a bunch of paperwork or what not to lead you astray as to what was done with the place in the past 60+ years.

I know its a far drive for you, but maybe one day you can take some time and go back and do more.

And if anyone else whos read this thread and lives near, by all means it would be awesome to get more on it, even if it is just a lil ol' tank farm. The fact that the gov't left a tank farm with and underground garage that MIGHT possibly hold a couple of WWII era shermans or other vehicles.....well a collector would have a field day there then lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi, I live in that exact area, and can tell you a bit of what I know. That fuel depot was a WW2 depot, now obsolete. It was replaced by a big underground depot in Potter Township, near the river where Raccoon creek meets it. It is also obsolete and being dug up. You can see pics of it on G Earth.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Definitely an old liquid storage "tank" farm as they are called. The tanks are usually torn down for scrap metal and sometimes to avoid government taxes on the structure which can be a lot of money depending where you live. Sorry I have been involved with the decommission of these tanks.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I know this thread is very old, but it did intrigue me.
I did some research and found an article www.army.mil... about the army corps of engineers pulling out old tanks not far from where that tank farm is. Now... I was thinking about how the OP said the pipes that went down into the ground seemed to be very deep. If you look at the article it says that the tanks are only 30 feet deep, so that equates to about 1.5 seconds till you hear the noise of it hitting the bottom of the tank or whatever is down there. If you take measurements in google earth (go back to the first image available - 1993) you can see the tanks are about 100ft across which is what the article states. So if those tanks are still there you should be able to hear something hit the bottom. If they have been dug up, well then that's what needs to be investigated because as per the article " the tanks and associated fuel lines and is now filling in the holes to leave the land available for reuse". If you google search carefully( I have found it but will not post the link) you can find some addresses of vets who belonged to the armored division and still live in that area. COuld be possible that they may know more than the average dumb guys around the area. Maybe a friendly phone call or letter to them would help.
Just my 2cents
edit on 0531515201531America/ChicagoMon, 25 May 2015 22:05:51 -0500Mon, 25 May 2015 22:05:51 -050005 by nepatitan because: added more info

edit on 0731095201531America/ChicagoMon, 25 May 2015 22:07:09 -0500Mon, 25 May 2015 22:07:09 -050007 by nepatitan because: (no reason given)

edit on 0831225201531America/ChicagoMon, 25 May 2015 22:08:22 -0500Mon, 25 May 2015 22:08:22 -050008 by nepatitan because: Cause I'm an idiot

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Be Wary Of The Above Thread Killer. Most likely a Gov't Shill (quisp)!
This is what ATS is all about! I wish I could help you out brother, Star and Flag any way. A good effort.
i've had dealing with the ats shills - they are on you like white on rice!

i was convinced even before the walmart, dhs underground tunnels revelation. a covert, military, underground infrastructure exist in the north georgia mountains - and this was back in 2003-4!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join