It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS claims Venezuela sits on Earth's largest oil reserves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

USGS claims Venezuela sits on Earth's largest oil reserves

rawstory.com

Venezuela may have just become the center of an energy-starved world.

The Orinoco Belt, situated squarely underneath the South American nation, may hold some 513 billion barrels of crude oil, according to a new report by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

That's twice the size of Saudi Arabia's oil reserves, placing Venezuela firmly atop the list of oil-rich nations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usgs.gov
www.allheadlinene ws.com

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hello ATS'ers.

I once saw an interview with Lindsey Williams where they talked about the oil reserves of the world. It was far bigger then what they tell us. I've read it over here and now the usgs claims Venezuela has a huge amount.

I am not in favour of oil cause it pollute a lot and there is enough clean energy winnable. But the oil price is going down now right?

Lindsey Williams also talked about that tptb want to keep oil prices low cause the oil exporting country's need a oil price of $75 to keep going.

Anybody has an opinion about that?

Peace.

rawstory.com

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So now, can we expect another Dubai to pop up somewhere in Venezuela?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I've just found this on BBC too

clicky

I can see a certain superpower demanding 'regime change' in Venezuela before long.
And if Russia were to get involved, things could get very messy indeed...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ever notice that Americas enemies, or countries that the American government deem worthy of "liberatation" are all countries that possess vast amonts of natural resources? The Middle East in its entirety, and Venezuela.

Funny how the rest of the world unfortuante enough to live under tyranical regimes are all but ignored by the American government.

Something certainly smells rotten in Denmark.....

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

Regime change.... hrmm... I foresee in the future that (insert country a name here) will make an unprovoked attack against a (insert country b name here) naval ship.

(Country b) will be so incensed that it will have to counter attack (country a) in the name of justice.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If they were smart, they would sell all of that quickly and help their people's economic conditions. Once the hydro-electric car becomes available, all of this oil will be useless.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Don't we also have a pretty large oil reserve? How about using it to bail us out of the current economic situation? Global warming concerns can be easily corrected with people planting more trees.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

err not so much,even if the dream hydrogen economy thing happens magically tomorrow morning we still need oil for plastics,a few other products and to spray all over wildlife and beaches and stuff.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vincent84

Hello ATS'ers.

I once saw an interview with Lindsey Williams where they talked about the oil reserves of the world. It was far bigger then what they tell us. I've read it over here and now the usgs claims Venezuela has a huge amount.

I am not in favour of oil cause it pollute a lot and there is enough clean energy winnable. But the oil price is going down now right?

Lindsey Williams also talked about that tptb want to keep oil prices low cause the oil exporting country's need a oil price of $75 to keep going.

Anybody has an opinion about that?

Peace.

rawstory.com

it is funny you mention oil at $75 a barrel. I did some math after reading the story, and came up with a number of $38 trillion dollars. That is about the value of the 513 billion barrels of oil.

Also, at our current rate of consumption, using the number in the article of 19.5 Million B.A.D., it would take the US seventy two years to consume.

It looks like big oil will remain big oil for a while.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Sorry to harp on about this but never mind the hydro electric car, once we disclose unlmited power (zero point) energy from yes, you guessed it, The Disclosure Project, we can all live better lives.

No more nuclear, oil, gas, coal crap.

No more kids dying every couple of minutes from no clean drinking water.

It will affect us in more ways than you can imagine.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The truth is that the United States itself has more than enough oil reserves for us to be energy independent.

However selling the myth of Middle Eastern oil being of vital and strategic importance coupled with our alliance with Israel and the constant cycles of mayhem and violence that Zionist politics create in the Middle East enables the oil companies to market it at an insane profit, considering the fact that there are massive reserves of oil within our own nation and through out other less volatile parts of the world.

Thanks to the politics of Zionist Israel and our strategic alliance with them, the notion that the world is dependent on Middle Eastern oil supplies also keeps the Military Industrial Complex raking in the money, and conveniently fighting where the close proximity of huge oil reserves and gasoline refineries abound to run that oil hungry war machine non-stop with logistical ease.

It’s not just the Zionists, Oil Companies and Military Industrialists who make a fortune selling the myth of the importance and need for Middle Eastern Oil but the Bankers make a fortune too by financing the deficit spending of the governments that buy all the increasingly sophisticated and expensive military hardware required in making sure that war in the Middle East or threat of war in the Middle East keeps the price of gas high.

When I was a little boy in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s before the perpetual state of warfare centered on Israel became a perennial fact of life, gasoline was less than 20 cents a gallon.

In fact the high cost of gasoline and how its marketed through the myth of Middle Eastern Oil being the world’s largest and vital supply enslaves us all to shelling out far more money than gasoline could possibly sell for if nations like ours here in the U.S. actually just used our own massive and largely untapped reserves ourselves for ourselves.

The politics of Zionist Israel is all about keeping the price of oil sky high, creating the pretexts for American and British companies to control it and exploit it, and not just enslaving us to the high financial costs of it but enslaving us to give up our rights, liberties and freedoms and live in a state of fear born of the War on Terror that is all about controlling Middle Eastern oil at its source and justifying the high costs of it that have made the Oil Companies obscenely profitable, powerful and rich.

The good news for Venezuela is when it comes to playing the Middle East Oil game, it is geographically undesirable. The other good news for Venezuela is its reserves are heavy crude and not light sweet crude and most of the world’s refineries aren’t equipped to turn it into gasoline. In fact to date the only place Venezuela’s heavy crude can be turned into gas is right here in the United States.

Me personally, I sold my car and bought a bicycle a year ago, for one simple reason, I don't want to support or be a victim to this madness.

I highly suggest that everyone do what they can to to get ourselves individually off of oil because there is no how, no way that the Oil Lobby beholden politicians of the world are going to get us off of it if we don't see to it ourselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The truth is that the United States itself has more than enough oil reserves for us to be energy independent.

Completely untrue; can you provide source(s) to corroborate this claim please.

I agree, there's a zionist agenda, but that's to swap oil dollars for military hardware to grease the machinations of the Haliburton's et al. War is more a game a logistics and geo-politics, than pseudo bullcrap of democracy and overthrowing totalitarian dictators.

Addendum: It's funny the the UK has also announced oil reserves in the Falklands, justifying militarisation in the 80's in a country on the other side of the World, that has bugger all to do with us, except some small imperial colony that planted a flag. [url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/falklandislands/6708902/Falkland-Islands-oil-reserves-to-help-British-economy.html]Source[ /url]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Part of the successful bankrupting of the Soviet Union that led to its topple was the war in Afghanistan it was fighting and the idea of Star Wars, a space based defense system that Ronald Regan purported to the Soviets we already had up and running, and could knock down every Russian Intercontinental Ballistic Missile long before it ever neared America.

To keep the Soviets from dumping their plentiful supply of oil on the spot market to raise the cash for the research and development of their own Space Based Defense System, Regan cut a deal with the Saudis to increase their production and lower the price of oil so that the Soviets could not possibly raise enough cash through exporting oil to stay afloat.

Part of that strategy with Saudi Arabia was teaching them how to ‘cook’ their books and to make it look like they had such vast oil reserves that it would be hopeless for the Russians to wait for Saudi Arabia to run out of oil or for the price to go up to have any chance of being able to raise the revenues they needed for research and development at any point into the foreseeable future.

The fact that it was us that taught the Saudis how to ‘cook’ their books and publish believable and false reports should tell you something right there and that is because oil is considered a strategic political and military and financial weapon you absolutely are not going to see accurate or reliable figures regarding true reserves anywhere except for maybe a very small number of oil and intelligence executives.

What is a fact is neither Alaska nor Texas or California are running out of oil to pump. What is also a fact is that drilling off of much of coastal America off of California and in the Gulf of Mexico are basically frozen from happening by environmental groups like the Sierra Club and others who also conspire with the oil companies and are funded with the oil companies to keep the price of oil and gas high by making it nearly impossible to drill and pump oil in many locations throughout the United States were geologically it is known the huge oil reserves exist that we aren’t tapping into.

Further it is the environmental groups like the Sierra Club that also slow and make nearly impossible the building of new refineries. Oil wells and gasoline refineries are like prisons, everyone agrees we have to have them, but NO ONE wants them in their neighborhood.

To further illustrate just how much obfuscation exists around the oil business. The Rockefeller clan made its initial fortune by discovering oil in Pennsylvania and then keeping that discovery secret for decades while it went around quietly buying up mineral rights to the land from state, local and the Federal governments for next to nothing before announcing the discovery.

The truth about oil reserves is you and I and almost everyone else except for a very small group of very rich and manipulative people will never know the truth about oil reserves.

Thanks for asking though!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hello mate,

If you look on the internet then there are people speaking about a huge oil field in Colorado with an estimate reserve of 2 Trillion barrels.

I don't know if it were true but I can think of many reasons of why it is forbidden to drill oil wells over there.

Peace mate.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for that very interesting slant proto

It's interesting how Obama slated the Europe interceptor missile plan in Poland and Czech Republic last year (a covert coordination base perhaps), instead gearing more towards a mobilised interceptor defence strategy, against the supposed Iran threat.

This ties in with your Star Wars synopsis, as it proves they are laying the foundation for a stronger mobile military to further exploit distant, dust-bowl countries for oil/gas acquisition.

I completely agree with you, no-one except the geophysicist perhaps and CEO ever knows the true reserve quota. It's easier to obfuscate numbers to play politics with g'ments, whilst plans are put in place to bleed that resource dry once the pieces of the jig-saw puzzle are put in place.

However, i still think the oil in US has been exhausted much like us in the UK and the North sea, where we now pump from Scandanavia & Russia, hence the audacity of Abravonich and some Saudi's to buy football clubs here; they seem to like our soccer.

I believe the Caspian Sea is the last bastion of oil on the planet; the beating heart of the middle east, that permeates the sub-soil to feed peripheral countries like Turkmenistan, Iran, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. There's the BTC & TAPI pipelines to corroborate this reserve and the reason they will never leave Afghanistan soon.

In the past few days, Karzai said that he may start paying the Taliban to get them to 'come onboard'. I stated this many moons ago in a post and the only reason this would happen would be to protect the TAPI pipeline through Afghanistan from other self-created militias.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree about US oil reserves

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vincent84

Hello mate,

If you look on the internet then there are people speaking about a huge oil field in Colorado with an estimate reserve of 2 Trillion barrels.

I don't know if it were true but I can think of many reasons of why it is forbidden to drill oil wells over there.

Peace mate.

Indeed, it's impossible to know the truth, regarding speculative reserves.

What if i said i had 50 trillion barrels in my back garden, whilst occupying Iraq & Afghanistan with my pea-shooter army and Tonka toy tanks, for example. It would then be easier to fool the public by saying 'look we have all this oil of our own, so we must be in the middle east because we are the good guys getting rid of terrorism'.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I guess its just a coinkydink that Haiti just had a great big earthquake that did a dandy culling of the population and that we have literally invaded that country. Haiti is the perfect in between point for military operations against Venezuela. Look at the map!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I can certainly agree with you too my friend when it comes to both the fact that when it comes to Peak Oil and just what the reserves are and where they are we will never be told the truth.

I also believe that the pipeline out of Kazakhstan through Turkmenistan, through Afghanistan and then Pakistan is just a few to many Stans getting all together and what the war in Afghanistan in addition to its copper deposits and opium crop is what its all about over there.

It’s not about U.K. or America bashing, its just a sad fact that how we keep out standards of living relatively high in relation to much of the world, is raping third world countries for their raw materials and cheap labor. That is what Empires have always been about since the early days of Rome.

With globalism and corporatism sweeping the world so much of these discoveries of resources and the national and religious politics of nations is about finding the pretext and leverage to keep extracting those resources and keep growing the global corporations in ways that governments and individuals just can’t achieve.

Sadly as long as the bulk of us are prepared to drink from the well of cheap foreign goods, foreign oil, and call Dominos or Pizza Hut for a delivery instead of the little mom and pop place around the corner we are literally feeding the beast that is bound with its ever growing appetites to end up eating us sooner or later along with everything else.

Great post my friend, if that pipeline in and through Afghanistan wasn’t so important I doubt we would still be there ten years down the road like we are.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Let me guess, now that Venezuela is marked as being on top of the largest oil reserve that is going to stir up controversy, and now someone is going to say if we ever go to war with Venezuela it's because of the OIL...It's DeJa Vu allover again. You don't need to be a psychic to figure that out. These OIL articles are beginning to become really repetitive now. It's becoming boring as in predictable. I wonder if this will raise gas prices now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join