It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fourth kind the movie real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I watched today the movie Fourth Kind. I saw on the website of my local cinema that this movie was based on a true story. Now my question is, is this movie real based on a true story or is it just sci fi. I read her and there on the internet that this movie is not based on a true story it is not real what happend.
1. What is it is it a true story or is it sci fi?
2. Are the video and the audio that they state as real, really real or is it just fiction?
3. Spoiler (in the movie the alien talks in summerian. He says something like creation, destroyed I am god, pray research) Is it real what he said or not?

Normally I watch a movie and at the really end when the credits have ended they say wheter is fiction or real. But i forgot to watch that for so long.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
From what I've read - no.

The character that Milla Jovovich played didn't exist, and there is no record of the people being "abducted" in Nome, Alaska.

I also read somewhere that whatever company made the movie was sued because of all of this.

If someone can back up what I am saying, that would be great, because I don't remember where I read all of that.

But yeah, what a let-down.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i too recently watched it and asked if it was real, but most pple and websites says it isnt real at all

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

That should answer your questions. I guess people are google impaired these days :\

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Ear-Responsible]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist
Now my question is, is this movie real based on a true story or is it just sci f

Just science fiction

On November 12, 2009 Universal Pictures agreed to a $20,000 settlement with the Alaska Press Club "to settle complaints about fake news archives used to promote the movie." Universal acknowledged that they created fake online news articles and obituaries to make it appear that the movie had a basis in real events.
www.breitbart.com...

another hint - any movie dealing with aliens or abductions or ghosts etc. is not real

[edit on 23/1/10 by dereks]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's science fiction but I found it to be enjoyable horror-science fiction. It had some skin-crawling moments.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's a fake. I've lived in Alaska all of my life though, there are quite a few interesting UFO stories up here

But I too found the movie enjoyable - My fiancee that I took with me to see it in theatres, she was horrified. Haha

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

When movies say that it is based on true events it is usualy a load of rubbish, take it to mean that two people existed. i saw paranormal activity the other week which is supposedly based on true events but i highly doubt that it is, if your intrested in things of that nature don't look to movies for true storys.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There was an incident in Alaska I don't know how long ago about a possible alien abduction of a little boy and a girl.

I don't know where I read it, but the girl was found walking down the road and the boy showed up a few days later.

They were both confused as to what happened or where they had been but both seemed to be unharmed.

I'll have to do some research since I am not ("Google impaired")and report back to you all.Unless someone else beats me to it.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
1. Neither. It is not real and it is not "sci fi". I can't show you real but this is science fiction:
www.larryniven.org...

2) No. Yes.

3) Not.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"The Fourth Kind" was total fiction, and not particularly good fiction. I mean, I can watch anything starring the exceedingly hot milf Milla Jovovich and pretty much ignore the plot.

But, unfortunately, when Milla walked up to the camera and warned me, in no uncertain terms, that this was a true and disturbing story, I paid more attention to the plot than usual.

Ten minutes into the film, I knew I'd been had. The "actual footage" was so lame and so contrived and so poorly acted, my disappointment nearly overwhelmed my milf fantasies.

But only nearly... Milla is still sexing me in my dreams, thank God.

I would rank "The Fourth Kind" as a second-rate "Mothman Prophecies," except that Mothman really was based on some actual events and sightings.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Well, I have to agree with you Doc... I normally read your posts and seldom give you the credit short of maybe an anonymous star that you deserve but milf Milla has plagued my fantasies since the 5th Element as the lovely Leeloo.

Now that I have something we can agree on, I will depart knowing the milf Milla has touched us all.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Milla has plagued my fantasies since the 5th Element as the lovely Lulu.

Leeloo, but that's not important...
Ohh yeah... My little naked, babbling, orange-headed Leeloo... Ohhhh yeah.

She is a real piece of work, that Milla, a dazzling bit of eye-candy, which is probably why they contracted her to keep this stinker of a movie afloat.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/23/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Oh it is important when you need to type: Leeloo into google images. Lulu just doesn't cut it. Google images have made me smile tonight.

Made me smile. Thanks Doc.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Be careful, Leeloo, you're going to fall!!
You're going to fall into a stupid role in "The Fourth Kind"!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b758fb559d8b.jpg[/atsimg]

It's okay, she fell, but I caught her on my face.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/23/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by UFOexisist
Now my question is, is this movie real based on a true story or is it just sci f

Just science fiction

On November 12, 2009 Universal Pictures agreed to a $20,000 settlement with the Alaska Press Club "to settle complaints about fake news archives used to promote the movie." Universal acknowledged that they created fake online news articles and obituaries to make it appear that the movie had a basis in real events.
www.breitbart.com...

another hint - any movie dealing with aliens or abductions or ghosts etc. is not real

[edit on 23/1/10 by dereks]

Its too bad the promoters of this hoax movie aren't speding time in prison for pulling this hoax, along with the infamous balloon boy's dad.

This movie is a hoax, but that doesn't mean all movies covering alien abductions are hoaxes. The movie "Fire in the Sky" does deal with a real incident - the Travis Walton abduction. Same goes for "The Interrupted Journey" dealt with another real incident, the Betty and Barney Hill abduction. This crappy, overhyped movie has been discussed to death on this forum. Here are some clues that it is a hoax (not just a fictional story on alien abductions):

1) The only references to this incident on the Internet were planted there as misleading promotional material by the promoters.
2) The movie claims to include "real archival video" which is just a repeat of the film itself, done with even poorer quality acting, etc.
3) The movie promoters had to pay a settlement for creating false stories from a real news source

I wonder how many entries posted to ATS are made by persons representing the producers of the film who are still trying to scam more money from gullible consumers...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
This movie [The Fourth Kind] is a hoax, but that doesn't mean all movies covering alien abductions are hoaxes.

Right, as I mentioned earlier, The Mothman Prophecies was "based on actual events" that really did happen in Point Pleasant, West Virginia, back in the 1960s. Although the events and sightings were not apparently related at the time they happened, paranormal investigator John Keel assembled the details in his 1975 book "The Mothman Prophecies" and attempted to demonstrate a relationship between the Mothman sightings in Point Pleasant and the subsequent collapse of the Silver Bridge in that town, which resulted in the deaths of 46 people.

Of course, filmmakers took all sorts of dramatic liberties with Keel's book for 2002's movie, The Mothman Prophecies, but the gist of the story was essentially intact.

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

join