It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli minister warns of new war with Hezbollah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Israeli minister warns of new war with Hezbollah

www.google.com

JERUSALEM — Israel is heading toward a new war with Lebanon's Shiite movement Hezbollah, a cabinet minister warned Saturday in remarks carried by military radio and the popular Ynet news website.

"We are heading toward a new confrontation in the north but I don't know when it will happen, just as we did not know when the second Lebanon war would erupt," said Yossi Peled, a minister without portfolio and a reserve army general.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Things aint looking pretty over there as the powder keg is set to explode. This story comes after Debkafile yesterday reported that Syria has mobilized partially its reserves to the Golan Heights to defend the country against a possible Israeli attack. Although Israel has stated it has merely embarked on a large scale training exercise, it is not hard to imagine for what purpose this exercise is.

I should note that Debkafile is a very unreliable source. However, the Syrian move is far from implausible after this news.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
when i was in Israel/Palestine I asked a guy there, why don't you get along with the Palestinians or the Arabs around you, he said "we dont need to, and we dont want to, this land from jerusalem, to babylon(iraq) will be ruled by our awaited messiah whos is coming in the very near future. when the sea of galilee drys up. he also said that they (zion jews) must create chaos in the world in order to fasten the appearance of that messiah... and they said that a war with Iran will happen during 2010... i told him BullSH!t, he laughed and said ur clever, he was being sarcastic obviously but i really don't know... those guys seem to create alot of chaos, and they use America to do the dirty work... i heard they control banks... they want to rule the world from the middle east, they want electronic money... basically they are some #ed up people... why are we allowing them to do all that again??

on the other hand, when i spoke to the guy normaly without involving religion, politics or prophecies, he seemed to be a cool and kind guy... but his future plans are really scary, and seem like thats what they all think and its a normal thing... for more info research zion ideology, they also created a new jewish religion that they can follow, thats why some jews disagree with them

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Israel reminds me of the US .

So many wars , so little time.

Must be hard to remember who to kill, for what reasons .

It's a burden.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday sought to calm regional nerves over fears of an imminent conflict with Lebanese Hezbollah guerrillas by saying Israel sought peace with its neighbors.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The whole War on Terror concept is a Zionist Israeli invention. It’s all about keeping people everywhere in a perpetual state of fear and uncertainty and looking to their governments for protection and direction.

In essence it’s about creating order out of chaos by orchestrating and controlling the chaos.

The concept sadly truly has transformed our society especially here in America where we have gone from being the home of the free and the brave, to the home of the frightened, herded, spied upon, stripped searched, x-rayed and electronically scanned and monitored!

The whole thing that drives it and makes it work is the notion and premise that Israel and Zionists have some kind of supreme moral authority, and Israel and the Zionists constantly keeping the fear and chaos ratcheted up by seeing a threat, and a war, and something to be frightened of around every corner, and underneath every Bush and Rockefeller!

Sadly while all this does is make the world a more dangerous and less pleasant place for average citizens everywhere, it keeps the corporations rolling in dough and making obscene profits off of oil which always becomes more expensive based on the fears that Middle East violence could disrupt the supply of it. It keeps the military industrialists raking in the mullah too as they look for increasingly more and more sophisticated and more and more expensive weapons to market to the governments and the tax payers who have to ultimately purchase them and it keeps the bankers insanely happy who get to make a fortune off of the interests of financing the deficit spending by the governments to buy all the exorbitant priced weapons and all the other incidental costs of fielding, transporting and feeding armies.

The whole system is based on Israel and the Zionists antagonizing everyone through their policies and accusations to keep that…any day now, any day now there will be war, and terrorist reprisals mindset preeminent.

As much as I would love to blame it all on the Zionists, the truth is that the Oil Companies, Military Industrialists and the Bankers as well as the politicians who curry favor and power through the process all conspire with the Zionists to make this disgusting and pitiful reality our reality.

Hopefully one of these days the Zionists and Banksters will bite off more than they can chew and it will all blow up in their greedy little evil faces!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Palestinians in the West Bank clashed with Israeli army soldiers on Saturday as they protested Israel's policy of restricting their access to their farmland. (Jan 23)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I hope you are aware Hezbollah is in Lebanon territory and has nothing to do with West Bank or Palestine issue in this thread.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I don't think anything will come of it. The usual cross border skirmishes will continue between Lebanon and Israel but nothing major for next few months.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
OK im going to cop flack for this, but I hope Hezbollah puts up one hell of a fight.

Hezbollah accept that Israel has the right to exist, but it has no right to have its racist, and right wing doctrines which could be paralleled to the nazi's.

Sheik Hassan Nassrallah give them hell.

Hamas has accepted Israel has the right to exist, and guess what the media is
ignoring it.

HEY dont shoot the messenger but jimmy carter has said these guys arent the bad guys.

Give them hell dudes

Plus I hear hezbollah have been playing with S-200 Missile Systems in Syria along with some new toys.

the general of the IDF openly Admits Hezbollah knows everything in detail about the Israeli defense force.

So knowing Hezbollah they will know what to do against the weaknesses.

I find it funny that still after major bombardments and airstrikes, they still could not defeat a guerrilla army and only inflict serious damage against the population of Lebanon, thats distasteful, I mean really guys...

hezbollah launched more missiles on the last day of conflict, showing in defiance it still had the firepower.

No matter how many bombs they drop, no matter how many times they tried to do a ground incursion, they still could not get enough men into lebanon by ground.

Who says Hezbollah lost?

They didnt, no matter how many bombs were dropped on Lebanon, they still took it, and they still had the men, and the firepower, Hezbollah was not defeated, but the Lebanese people were damaged and destroyed.

the IDF's weakness has and always be its nature for comitting genocide against a population, my uncles grandfather who was in the IDF was ordered to shoot children... and yes IM HALF JEWISH and alot of my family is JEWISH.... I have every right to spit on the policies of a government that resembles the nazi's.

Hezbollah with its defiance has not just won my heart, but the heart of many Australians.

We saw the Israelis bomb a primary school on national television, we saw the strikes deliberately against the red cross, we saw the attacks against the UN observers.

the state of Israel's Government must be tried as criminals before a world court and pay for their crimes.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I wasn't trying to suggest that this exercise and the possible mobilization of Syrian troops would lead to a war. However, it is clear that these countries are preparing for such an event. Knowing that Israel is not going to allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons and that Hezbollah is an Iranian proxy, I am of opinion that war is inevitable.
There is a rumor that Hamas and Syria signed a pact with Iran to help each other should one of them become the target of an Israeli attack. I doubt that Syria would engage in such a pact, but Hamas could be likely.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm not sayign that those that Israel calls terroists are honest people

But am I the only one that would trust them more than I would trust Israel?

And this is has nothing to do with religion or dislike of israel's policies, it's because of them lying ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!

Who in their right minds would trust Netanhyu's or Mossad's words?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There are all kinds of vague worrying signs floating around, that's for sure. But even if guys in high places on one (or both) side of the borders want another war - i still fail to understand how they are going to gain public support for it. I did not see Israeli politicians in front lines in last Lebanese war, and Hizbollah leader also bravely choose bunker as a means of fighting Zionists. But then Israeli public opinion was for military action due to attack on soldiers and Northern Israel. And now it is as calm as it gets in this area. I also do not think that Lebanese would support the war.
So - who is going to fight?
If Israel will strike Iranian nuclear facilities - then all this is going to be different of course. And i do not see Israel attacking until US would not allow it.

top topics

join